The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ok maybe wrong use of guaranteed, but with Hamilton likely to beat Montrose they will almost be certain of a play off spot if they win or draw at Cove. Thanks for the correction.,, 

You're welcome.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Calum Gallagher signed for Arbroath from Airdrie, decent signing that for them always thought he was a good finisher, someone I wouldn't have been averse to us signing. 

He could’ve played in our system because McCabe plays in a similar way to us from what I’ve seen if Airdrie last season and this season but if he was on a part time contract as Airdrie fans have said on Twitter then Arbroath was probably a better move for him as he probably has a decent full time job and he’s guaranteed to get game time there but he might of been second choice to maciver if he came here 

21 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

1F8C7637-8705-492A-88DC-E179CA3CC4E8.jpeg

Fantastic. My only regret is that he didn't score, depriving us of a full-blown Adebayor celebration.

If we get him again next season, where does Hendo fit into the plans? Wouldn't mind seeing Tait given the number 10 role and alternating with Nizzy, personally.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Interesting board update.  ST prices frozen but option to contribute more, and news on the academy patron scheme.

I know they promised to freeze prices but this is going to bite the club in the bum. If for eg we get promotion next season (just a scenario) the jump in price to compete in that league will need to be huge due to the club keeping ST prices so low for so long.

Yes, there is an option to contribute more but is this really a good way to go?

21 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Fantastic. My only regret is that he didn't score, depriving us of a full-blown Adebayor celebration.

If we get him again next season, where does Hendo fit into the plans? Wouldn't mind seeing Tait given the number 10 role and alternating with Nizzy, personally.

the better the quality in the squad the better and yhe more of it even better still. More choice let's us rest players so in the case we got to the play offs (for the Prem that is) we have less chance of blowing out our asses come the 4th, 5th and 6th games like we have in the past.

30 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I know they promised to freeze prices but this is going to bite the club in the bum. If for eg we get promotion next season (just a scenario) the jump in price to compete in that league will need to be huge due to the club keeping ST prices so low for so long.

Agree looking at it now our ticket prices are probably on the cheap side comparing to what the clubs around us will be charging, fans do have the option to buy a “managers fund” season ticket at the cost of an extra £60 which I hope those who can afford it go for. Even then our ticket prices for next season will still likely be lower than what a Dunfermline or Dundee utd are charging this season. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I get the thinking with regards to the freezing of the ST prices but I wouldn’t have minded say a £25 rise or something like that. I won’t be going down the extra £60 option as my wife is getting a ST for the first time in a while so that would be an extra £120 and I also pay £40 a month to FSS and £10 to the  1876 monthly draw. If I paid the extra £120 then I’d probably cut my FSS to £30 a month but I think it’s going to the same budget anyway.

Throw in merchandise and my visits to hospitality in a season and  I think that I’m doing my bit to help the club, as are probably most of us.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

He could’ve played in our system because McCabe plays in a similar way to us from what I’ve seen if Airdrie last season and this season but if he was on a part time contract as Airdrie fans have said on Twitter then Arbroath was probably a better move for him as he probably has a decent full time job and he’s guaranteed to get game time there but he might of been second choice to maciver if he came here 

Good league one striker but has never managed to hit the same heights in the championship.  Would've snapped him up if we'd been stuck down a level but not for me a level up.

On the season ticket front are we freezing the early bird price or the final price or both?

Edited by Shodwall cat

On 16/04/2024 at 18:42, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Home sales

KM7 Stand 1,857 (sold out)

Main Stand 4,075 (sold out)

North Stand 720

Total 6,652

Alloa brought 111 fpr the game in October so imagine they will have 1-200 

If we were to remain unbeaten against Kelty and Annan I could see a final, mini surge in interest in tickets for this game from neutrals just so that they could possibly witness a bit of history. Would we be permitted to sell a few hundred standing tickets for along the east side of the stadium, provided the Falkirk allocation in the north stand is full? Or would the barriers have to be more substantial and reinforced to allow this to happen? And would that be expensive to organise?

1 hour ago, ChrispPancake said:

The prize freeze was to Incentivise people to come along after the catastrophic end to…well pretty much every season in this league.  It worked.  We got big numbers to keep coming, pay in advance and fund some good improvements to the squad.

Are you seriously suggesting the club should renege on that promise?  Wow.

4 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

The prize freeze was to Incentivise people to come along after the catastrophic end to…well pretty much every season in this league.  It worked.  We got big numbers to keep coming, pay in advance and fund some good improvements to the squad.

Are you seriously suggesting the club should renege on that promise?  Wow.

I think the way they have done it is probably the right way. They have kept their promise and have given an option to those who want/can afford to give more. If we were fortunate enough to go up to the top flight then I think we would all expect a decent increase in ST prices. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think the way they have done it is probably the right way. They have kept their promise and have given an option to those who want/can afford to give more. If we were fortunate enough to go up to the top flight then I think we would all expect a decent increase in ST prices. 

Agreed