The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

There’s a fucking weapon at the back of the Kevin McAllister stand (middle right back row) and who’s been very quiet all season but was right back at it today. Calling John McGlynn a ‘disgrace’ was only one of his many outbursts. 

It’s these types of games that you hear the weirdest shouts, absolute bed wetters 

Great point today all things considered. Superb back to the wall performance.

First on the red card it’s as clear a red as you’ll ever see. Donaldson did win the ball first but that is irrelevant it was high and endangering an opponent. Purely accidental like but still absolutely no issues with that. One of the few things the ref got right today.

Was actually really impressed with Kelty today. Even the first 15 minutes or  so with 11 against 11 they were playing well. Think it was very smart tactically from them to keep the 3 in midfield and no just put another body up top. Thinking they did change to a 4-4-2 they would have lost the control of the game the midfield were giving them and it would’ve allowed us to get more of a foothold in the game.

Not too much to say about us tbh just one of they days. But it’s all about getting the unbeaten run going to the end of the season and we achieved that.

Ive not been on here a lot this season but it’s been really good to see Aidan Nesbitt finally getting his flowers. Obviously it’s helped that he’s now added more goals to his game but still. Always been a fan and hes been massive for us this season. Best player on the park again today.

The majority of the fans were excellent today - second half spell in particular with both stands singing the Navy Blue clearly gave the team a little boost.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Great point today all things considered. Superb back to the wall performance.

First on the red card it’s as clear a red as you’ll ever see. Donaldson did win the ball first but that is irrelevant it was high and endangering an opponent. Purely accidental like but still absolutely no issues with that. One of the few things the ref got right today.

Was actually really impressed with Kelty today. Even the first 15 minutes or  so with 11 against 11 they were playing well. Think it was very smart tactically from them to keep the 3 in midfield and no just put another body up top. Thinking they did change to a 4-4-2 they would have lost the control of the game the midfield were giving them and it would’ve allowed us to get more of a foothold in the game.

Not too much to say about us tbh just one of they days. But it’s all about getting the unbeaten run going to the end of the season and we achieved that.

Ive not been on here a lot this season but it’s been really good to see Aidan Nesbitt finally getting his flowers. Obviously it’s helped that he’s now added more goals to his game but still. Always been a fan and hes been massive for us this season. Best player on the park again today.

Tidser is  their weakest player for me . Slows the game down and plays like a third centrehalf he's that far back.  They'd be far better without him. Without the red card I reckon we'd have taken 3 or 4 off them .

Excellent to get a result in the circumstances today.

Rode our luck a bit with them hitting the wood work but the players have been so good all season they deserve a bit of luck when they need it. 

Tough 2 games ahead with a makeshift centre back pairing of Mackie and Henderson ahead but we are one step closer.

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

There’s a fucking weapon at the back of the Kevin McAllister stand (middle right back row) and who’s been very quiet all season but was right back at it today. Calling John McGlynn a ‘disgrace’ was only one of his many outbursts. 

Get these arseholes telt!

There was /is a bucketmouthed clown in the KM7 up the back Grangemouth side that continually slaughtered Donaldson to the point that he was roaring at him for being shite before the ball even arrived at him!

Told him to shut his hole many a time, usually got the “I’m entitled to my opinion “ bullshite so my reply was I’m entitled to tell you that you are talking out your arse.

Don’t just sit and listen to these wallopers shout them down.

I don’t think that’s a red, I think it’s a yellow. He wins the ball clearly and then the boy goes into him. Do we just not want Donaldson to challenge? If he takes the man first then it’s a clear red. Didn’t even catch the boy in the face. Anyway, that was McCann’s worst game for us. Terrible goal, kept getting done with a long ball and terrible passes constantly but he’s allowed one bad game. Nesbitt was clear man of the match and the ref was horrendous. 

5 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Excellent to get a result in the circumstances today.

Rode our luck a bit with them hitting the wood work but the players have been so good all season they deserve a bit of luck when they need it. 

Tough 2 games ahead with a makeshift centre back pairing of Mackie and Henderson ahead but we are one step closer.

Yep these last two games will be tough.

Annans form is unbelievable given their position in the league (third over 10 games in league behind Hamilton and ourselves), they're playing for their lives and at home. They drew at ours too so that will give them belief. 

Alloas form is also good, watching them on alba just now and they look very good. Hopefully it'll be a dead rubber for them and they'll be taking it easy for the play offs.

The annan game could be the tougher if the two especially with coll suspended. Hopefully Henderson and Mackie make it through the week and the game, not sure who the back up is without Lang and Donaldson if either of the other two get injured.

We're so close to a once in a lifetime achievement. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mccann obviously should have looked before playing the pass but what the f**k was Hogarth doing standing on the touchline.

Basics of football but I suppose it needs explaining to you. Keepers make themselves available outside of the goal so that a misplaced pass won’t end up in an own goal. Hogarth did absolutely everything right. McCann played it without looking and it was completely his fault 

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Yep these last two games will be tough.

Annans form is unbelievable given their position in the league (third over 10 games in league behind Hamilton and ourselves), they're playing for their lives and at home. They drew at ours too so that will give them belief. 

Alloas form is also good, watching them on alba just now and they look very good. Hopefully it'll be a dead rubber for them and they'll be taking it easy for the play offs.

The annan game could be the tougher if the two especially with coll suspended. Hopefully Henderson and Mackie make it through the week and the game, not sure who the back up is without Lang and Donaldson if either of the other two get injured.

We're so close to a once in a lifetime achievement. 

Think we will be without coll for both games and the start of next season as that will be down as a violent conduct red card.

If alloa win tonight Annan still be our toughest game with them looking forward to the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Think we will be without coll for both games and the start of next season as that will be down as a violent conduct red card.

If alloa win tonight Annan still be our toughest game with them looking forward to the playoffs. 

I’m not sure how it would be violent conduct. He didn’t swing a punch, elbow or kick out. It was a tackle, which endangered an opponent and should be a one match ban

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m not sure how it would be violent conduct. He didn’t swing a punch, elbow or kick out. It was a tackle, which endangered an opponent and should be a one match ban

Just going by this on one football, could be wrong though. 

Screenshot_20240420-184311.png

Outstanding performance considering the circumstances and over the moon Nizzy is finally getting the recognition he deserves. There is so much quality to his game with and without the ball that has largely been overlooked IMO.

As for the ref, he took the easy decisions - high boot=red card, Tidser falling over in the breeze - but shirked a few contentious calls like Nesbitts ball staying in play and Morrisons penalty claim.

It's hard not to love a single one of this team 🤩

Nesbitt is (quite rightly) getting a lot of praise because he’s turning up in moments / games that in the last two years he would have disappeared in. The problem he had was that he’d have a couple of really good games and then go completely off it for 3 or 4 afterwards; I think consistency is where a lot of people questioned him previously, including me. This season he’s been incredibly consistent, while adding a considerable chunk of end product to his game too. Absolutely fair play to him.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

21 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Basics of football but I suppose it needs explaining to you. Keepers make themselves available outside of the goal so that a misplaced pass won’t end up in an own goal. Hogarth did absolutely everything right. McCann played it without looking and it was completely his fault 

Like it did today?

I completely get showing for the ball but not on the touchline when Mccann's that close and that central. It was Mccann's fault but if Hogarth isn't so far over he clears that.

Called Reece Lyon a poor mans Liam Henderson in the January transfer thread but on today's showing I wouldn't mind him turning out in the navy blue next season. A much easier game for him given we were down to 10 men for so long but he was everywhere.