The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

ALso we will have a week of McGlynn coaching our 'new back'  four which I bet will be most of the training. They've got 7 days to get to know each other. Yes it's weaker but we can always just score more than them. Just give us a decent referee this game please.

This is my thoughts as well. Our forwards do the business and convert a better percentage of the chances we create than they did yesterday and we shouldn’t have to worry about the defence. We have the ability to out score every team in this league. I predict a 7-6 victory.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

On 26/04/2024 at 22:01, Roboccop said:

I suggest we get ash regan to add club sponsorship to her Grangemouth demands to rescue Humza. 

On 27/04/2024 at 12:22, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets keep politics and religion out of Falkirk related threads and leave it to the Arse Cheeks.

Reminiscent of 'Dawson Park Boy'

B750D222-05BD-4E25-944D-6B729BF33940.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Has it been confirmed it's Hendos hamstring? In the highlights it looks like he was holding his thigh. Not that it sheds any light on his prognosis right enough

He pulled up straight away after the goal, holding his hamstring. Didn't last much longer after that.

100% hamstring. It hopefully is just a tight hamstring!

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Does him and Stevens not play on the wings? If McCann and Yeats do their jobs we’d be fine. Both Stevens and Wales were subbed at HT yesterday so I see them only playing a half again next Saturday. 

They did against us last time out but Wales is predominantly a striker. 

Due to lack of defenders we could try the following two formations, to start and end the match. We could start with 4-4-1-1 and hope to get ahead by, say, 2-0:

Yeats-Bisland-Mackie-McCann

Morrison-Tait-Spencer -Miller

——————Nesbitt

—————-MacIver

Then hold the lead towards the end with 5-4-1:

Yeats-Bisland-McGinn-Mackie-McCann

Morrison-Tait-Spencer-Nesbitt

————MacIver

Edited by GunnerBairn

Yep the only way I would be playing McGinn is in a 5 and I wouldn't be starting that way as you lose a player in attack. 

Bisland and Mackie for me. Mackie has been terrific since he came back into the team. Discipline, keep possession and defend from the front and we will be ok.  

6 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Yep the only way I would be playing McGinn is in a 5 and I wouldn't be starting that way as you lose a player in attack. 

Bisland and Mackie for me. Mackie has been terrific since he came back into the team. Discipline, keep possession and defend from the front and we will be ok.  

Look at it from Alloa's point of view.

Season defining game on Tuesday that if they do the job right they have a few more to face.

Just can't see the management or players risking all on a meaningless game.

2 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Due to lack of defenders we could try the following two formations, to start and end the match. We could start with 4-4-1-1 and hope to get ahead by, say, 2-0:

Yeats-Bisland-Mackie-McCann

Morrison-Tait-Spencer -Miller

——————Nesbitt

—————-MacIver

Then hold the lead towards the end with 5-4-1:

Yeats-Bisland-McGinn-Mackie-McCann

Morrison-Tait-Spencer-Nesbitt

————MacIver

Can’t see him playing a back 5. 

As usual we will dominate the ball but this week hopefully we take a bigger % of the chances we will make. Key for me is not giving away silly free kicks around the box allowing Alloa to load the box. I think it certain they will start with Sammon and put us under pressure from that. I can see us winning 4-2 or something similar. 

It's the last game of the season. If Hendo can't make it, get Bisland in there, keep the shape. Defend properly and we'll be fine. It's not some jobber we're firing in. He's not Coll or Lang, but ffs, the boy is a part of this squad. Its going to be a practice match with any sort of intensity coming from our forwards

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's the last game of the season. If Hendo can't make it, get Bisland in there, keep the shape. Defend properly and we'll be fine. It's not some jobber we're firing in. He's not Coll or Lang, but ffs, the boy is a part of this squad. Its going to be a practice match with any sort of intensity coming from our forwards

McGlynn has confirmed Hendo is out. 

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McGlynn will have faced similar scenarios during his career and will work on the defensive shape this week

If Alloa decides to come out and have a go - great. An open game suits Falkirk.

OUT TOMORROW! 

🆕🎙️EP:85 INVINCIBILITY…PENDING

🔵 Review the 3-3 draw v Annan with guest pundits @SeanElderbrant & @josh_heggie of Falkirk TV 🎤
⚪️ Catch up with @FalkirkFC Directors Gordon Wright and Keith Gourlay👨‍💼
🔵 Preview Alloa Athletic (H) 🐝
⚪️ Recognition Night chat 🏆
🔵 AND we shortlist who is on for the Falkirk Daft Player & Goal of the season 👀

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9184.thumb.jpeg.daf8d4dbb49a136e9a26feda2b438771.jpeg

Just now, moanthebairns said:

Had it in my fucking cart and it said it was sold out when I went to pay. I've got every shirt since late 80's too. Raging. 

I was the same, in my cart at 9.30 and by the time I got to the payment page it was gone.

12 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT TOMORROW! 

🆕🎙️EP:85 INVINCIBILITY…PENDING

🔵 Review the 3-3 draw v Annan with guest pundits @SeanElderbrant & @josh_heggie of Falkirk TV 🎤
⚪️ Catch up with @FalkirkFC Directors Gordon Wright and Keith Gourlay👨‍💼
🔵 Preview Alloa Athletic (H) 🐝
⚪️ Recognition Night chat 🏆
🔵 AND we shortlist who is on for the Falkirk Daft Player & Goal of the season 👀

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9184.thumb.jpeg.daf8d4dbb49a136e9a26feda2b438771.jpeg

Waiting patiently ⌚