The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Rugster said:

Falkirk tv keep pausing for anyone else?

yes, fucking useless. The same last week even although we were at TFS where we're not supposed to have any problems.

11 minutes ago, Baggio said:

It's going to be weird not getting a guard of honour every week next season....

I think they should all do it anyway. There's precedent - Airdrie gave Utd one last night before they were confirmed champions.

We're running on empty just about now with injuries and suspensions mounting up and luck seems to have deserted us some what. One to go though so let's hope we can raise our game one last time. The last two games show you why unbeaten seasons hardly ever happen.

1 minute ago, HonestAl said:

Hendo’s injury.

Was it non impact?
Will he make it for next week or shall I bring my boots with me just in case…….?

Looked like hamstring. 

Luckily I was "abroad" so got to stream the game.  Fairly limped over the finishing line there.  It was never going to be easy today but I was looking for more of an "up and at 'em" display.  On the bright side, the way the last part of the game went made sure there's no need to take my laxative tonight. 

I think it was a mistake to take Morrison and Nesbitt off.  Especially Nizzy.

The players must all be really tired by now, just wanting it over.  I hope they are raring to go next week and put on a show worthy of the monumental effort they have put in this season.  

"once more unto the breach dear friends".

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Luckily I was "abroad" so got to stream the game.  Fairly limped over the finishing line there.  It was never going to be easy today but I was looking for more of an "up and at 'em" display.  On the bright side, the way the last part of the game went made sure there's no need to take my laxative tonight. 

I think it was a mistake to take Morrison and Nesbitt off.  Especially Nizzy.

The players must all be really tired by now, just wanting it over.  I hope they are raring to go next week and put on a show worthy of the monumental effort they have put in this season.  

"once more unto the breach dear friends".

What did you and your brother think of MacIver’s contribution today?

Good chance that we could have 4 full backs as our defence next week. Not sure that I'd want MacIver playing at the back? He'd be good in the air obviously, but he looks like his concentration can waver a bit at times for me. 

Another terrific result in trying circumstances (injuries, ref, time wasting, pens, diving, away from home against an in form side fighting for their lives).

One of the additional benefits of being in the championship next season is the refereeing "should" be better.

Today sets up an absolute cracker next week. Those last tickets should now go fast.

Hopefully we can get a defence together for one last push over the line.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Good chance that we could have 4 full backs as our defence next week. Not sure that I'd want MacIver playing at the back? He'd be good in the air obviously, but he looks like his concentration can waver a bit at times for me. 

Sammon and Wales will be licking their lips!

My DOOM for this is unchanged; we'll just have to go out and outscore them. Probably will need 4 the way bad luck at the back and refereeing seems to be going... 😑

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What did you and your brother think of MacIver’s contribution today?

My brother was at Murrayfield taking match photos for Falkirk Rugby club - they won the League cup.  He'll be chuffed.

My opinion of MacIver certainly did improve.  I can see his value a bit more.  Still can't help thinking if we kept Burrell how many more goals we would have scored. There is a reason the other players who voted for team of the year didn't put him in the team, and I would suggest they might know more than we do?  Could be wrong though.

So yes, he went up in my opinion today.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake