The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Last time I looked they didn't have them on sale yet. I thought maybe because we were holding back to see how many we needed first? Someone said I think that they sold about 100-120 last time?

Given they’ll have playoff matches to go to which are more meaningful, and they’d be coming to our party, I can’t imagine that many will sell.

I don't think we should be chasing off supporters of other clubs.

I've got a group of mates (a hibee, an Ayr and a Celtic supporter) and we regularly go to random games around the country to visit smaller clubs we haven't been too or to a game we fancy for a day out and I wouldn't expect us to get chased out of somewhere just because we weren't local diehards.

If the way we play starts attracting day trippers all we should be doing is getting them to spend as much as possible. 

On 22/04/2024 at 12:14, Bainsfordbairn said:

There are plans to record more than normally happens. The young student who does "story of the matchday" runs her own company and some of her people will be there on the day to record additional footage. She's very good, as to be fair Luke was before her. In addition to her input,  the club were testing / trialing a new remote video camera at the weekend. They intend to capture as much as they can of what will be a historic day. 

You can maybe borrow Marvin Bartley's drone he uses at training, get some good aerial shots, we dont seem to use it much anyway going by performances.

My (probably irrelevant) take on rangers/Celtic fans going to watch Falkirk, or any other club is, would there be the same outcry towards Hibs, Hearts, Dundee,  etc, fans coming to the games. As has already been said, as long as they don't turn up decked in their teams colours or cause bother, and pay their way their cash is surely as good as anyone's. I can't say I've noticed it much myself but I believe some of them are actually quite decent human beings.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

I've got a group of mates (a hibee, an Ayr and a Celtic supporter) and we regularly go to random games around the country to visit smaller clubs we haven't been too or to a game we fancy for a day out and I wouldn't expect us to get chased out of somewhere just because we weren't local diehards.

If the way we play starts attracting day trippers all we should be doing is getting them to spend as much as possible. 

We do the same invite our non Falkirk fan pals to hospitality etc, a mate who’s a Celtic fan  got tickets from the club via his bairns school and has led to his bairn wanting a Falkirk top. 

As far as I’m concerned, £1 spent by a day tripper is extra money in our bank account, and is more than welcome.

The easiest way for any business to increase income is to get existing customers to spend more. I’m sure the club will have plans in place to capitalise on the extra bodies through the gate. Certainly not as simple as “they’re just ugly sisters fans”.

Kinda agree with the earlier posts about non Bairns attending games. I’ve a few friends that are die hard supporters of the club that travel from predominantly around the Aberdeen area who have settled after working most of their days offshore, and families/second generations that are dandie fans. However very proud to bring there siblings along to games where possible, although they obviously support the bairns when the leave the granite city.
I think it’s been covered but if it’s the arse cheeks that have decided to attend, we can only hope that their respective kids get the bug, the Ultras will play a big part, and what a difference with the young team at the games this season. The marketing team and admin have been outstanding, can I suggest two or three stalls with all/any merchandising outside the stadium, don’t miss a trick. 

For me the biggest opportunity at the Alloa game is FSS sign ups.  All money coming into the club is good but would also prefer an FSS sign up option rather than a 'pay more' option with season ticket renewal.  Pay more is welcome but one off - FSS membership would continue to give.  

We need to ride the wave of good feeling around atm and boost numbers wherever we can!  

Wonder if we could even have someone at events like the Falkirk Daft BTW thing at a wee stall able to sign people up.  A bit of booze, good feeling and peer pressure could get a few more in the door at those type of events.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Does anyone know what awards were given out last night at recognition night and who got them as I’ve been looking online to see but I’ve only seen the captain chaos shirt that was given to Alfie

47 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Does anyone know what awards were given out last night at recognition night and who got them as I’ve been looking online to see but I’ve only seen the captain chaos shirt that was given to Alfie

Cal Morrison won every male football award on the night (from memory). 

20 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Customers a customer and if a neutral want's to come to experience the day their £ is welcome.

Will be a memorable day out and if 1 in 10 , 1 in 20 changes allegiance to the Bairns job done. Where it may pay off more though is they take their children with them and they decide they want to go back and the club have a good chance of a supporter for life.

One thing’s for sure, if we get the right result down at Annan and we’re still going for “The Invincibles”, you won’t be able to move for vloggers at TFS a week on Saturday: Sam from Footy Adventures, LMC VLOGS, Blair McNally etc. are all guaranteed to be there to hopefully witness a piece of footballing history. They’ll all be able to interview each other.

49 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Cal Morrison won every male football award on the night (from memory). 

Yep. FSS Player of the Year, Junior Bairns POTY, Players POTY, Fans POTY & goal of the season. (Montrose I think). 

On the womens side, Iona Bridges won POTY, Ella Stewart breakthrough POTY (now a first teamer while still a schoolgirl and a cracking wee 'baller) and Outstanding Achievement went to Rachel Pirie. The women will have their own private awards night for players and staff after the season is over, hence why the categories are a little different from the men. 

On the recognition side of things, Jean Sneddon got a Lifetime Achievement, Joe Wallace (retiring groundsman) an Outstanding Contribution and Robert Cox (longstanding volunteer and current boardroom attendant) Special Recognition. 

The Foundation did similar awards for some of their people. 

Club staff are likely all off today but I'd assume there will be announcements, stories and pics uploaded tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yep. FSS Player of the Year, Junior Bairns POTY, Players POTY, Fans POTY & goal of the season. (Montrose I think). 

On the womens side, Iona Bridges won POTY, Ella Stewart breakthrough POTY (now a first teamer while still a schoolgirl and a cracking wee 'baller) and Outstanding Achievement went to Rachel Pirie. The women will have their own private awards night for players and staff after the season is over, hence why the categories are a little different from the men. 

On the recognition side of things, Jean Sneddon got a Lifetime Achievement, Joe Wallace (retiring groundsman) an Outstanding Contribution and Robert Cox (longstanding volunteer and current boardroom attendant) Special Recognition. 

Club staff are likely all off today but I'd assume there will be announcements, stories and pics uploaded tomorrow. 

First one I have been to since the likes of Tam Scobbie was playing for the club. I enjoyed the night. Real togetherness in the room. 
Highlights for me were Jean Sneddon’s award and Stephen McGinn’s speech and his support for Ross McIver missing out on the team of the year. The whole room spontaneously started singing Tequila. He must has felt great inside  

Edited by BPM

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Great to hear Jean getting recognition, she is a lovely person who has given so much to our club. It’s great to see the club recognising the efforts of volunteers and shows how much the new regime value the efforts of those that give up their time for our club.

5 hours ago, BPM said:

First one I have been to since the likes of Tam Scobbie was playing for the club. I enjoyed the night. Real togetherness in the room. 
Highlights for me were Jean Sneddon’s award and Stephen McGinn’s speech and his support for Ross McIver missing out on the team of the year. The whole room spontaneously started singing Tequila. He must has felt great inside  

That was class yeah