The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They all got two years deals last summer, as did Pearse Carroll the year before them. 

I imagine the gaffer will look at their performances during preseason before deciding to either put them out on loan or retain them for part of his matchday squad. 

Cheers. Good to know that. They seem to all be doing pretty well. If they aren't quite ready probs a loan deal at a higher level the next step. Would be  great to see homegrown players back  in the side in the future.

Would be great to see at least one of the young lads being kept and played from the bench. The only way to learn how to cope with senior football is being on the park. We saw that with previous players but in Elvis's time they went straight in due to necessity that season.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Absolutely bang on. Theres no one taking anything for granted, and if truth be told, apart from the pissed in the hospitality, 4500 odd fans were waiting nervously on that final whistle. 

Annan have been on a great run and we won’t get it easy next week. We will need to work hard and keep our shape. Happy to take a point tbh. 

Agree with all of this, only end of a game I’ve been nervous at almost all season.

Saturday will be tough but if we bring our A game, etc etc etc

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

83 tickets left for the Alloa game now with almost half being single seats. Imagine the next block will be getting opened up this week

Screenshot2024-04-22at11_38_55.thumb.png.1901691dd8e8f7ca1d48e4cdebcef2a2.png

Great to see. With the Alloa game hopefully being a historic occasion would it be too much to hope for that Falkirk TV have multiple cameras at the game so that we can see the crowd in all its glory? Cameras behind the goals even? I'm sure I watched highlights of one of our recent league games and the other club (can't remember who it was, sorry had )at least 2 cameras in use.

39 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Would be great to see at least one of the young lads being kept and played from the bench. The only way to learn how to cope with senior football is being on the park. We saw that with previous players but in Elvis's time they went straight in due to necessity that season.

That's why it was good to see us get them all out on loan playing first team games this season as there was no sense having them sitting on our bench doing nothing. 

Ages are all as of August 2024, so still plenty of time for them to develop. I'd imagine the majority will go out on loan again. Burke & McGinley were only signed as amateurs so are out of contract this summer unless they get a modern apprenticeship or another amateur deal.

Owen Hayward (19) - Will most likely be our third choice keeper again next season having played plenty of games in the east of scotland league for Penicuik Athletic.

Max McGinley (19) - Right back who made his debut for us as a late sub against Peterhead last season, has been out on loan at Edinburgh Uni in the lowland league. 28 games this season.

Logan Sinclair (17) - Left sided centre back who also came on against Peterhead last season has been out playing with Tynecastle in the east of scotland league.

Shay Burke (18) - Big centre midfielder on loan at Drumchapel this season in the west of scotland first division. They are currently top of the league.

Scott Honeyman (18) - Right winger with 7 goals and 2 assists in 20 games for the shire in his second season running there.

Rhys Walker (18) - Left winger started off really well at Camelon scoring for fun. Assisted Lawal's goal away at Alloa earlier in the season.

Edited by FFC 1876

47 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

Why, that's what you do, you seem very argumentative?

Nothing wrong with a good debate about football we all have different opinions or it would be pretty boring. Bit different from asking for information regarding our youth players though. I'm sure bainsford can make up his own mind on whether he wants to reply or not.

13 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Great to see. With the Alloa game hopefully being a historic occasion would it be too much to hope for that Falkirk TV have multiple cameras at the game so that we can see the crowd in all its glory? Cameras behind the goals even? I'm sure I watched highlights of one of our recent league games and the other club (can't remember who it was, sorry had )at least 2 cameras in use.

There are plans to record more than normally happens. The young student who does "story of the matchday" runs her own company and some of her people will be there on the day to record additional footage. She's very good, as to be fair Luke was before her. In addition to her input,  the club were testing / trialing a new remote video camera at the weekend. They intend to capture as much as they can of what will be a historic day. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There are plans to record more than normally happens. The young student who does "story of the matchday" runs her own company and some of her people will be there on the day to record additional footage. She's very good, as to be fair Luke was before her. In addition to her input,  the club were testing / trialing a new remote video camera at the weekend. They intend to capture as much as they can of what will be a historic day. 

exciting.....

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Cheers. Good to know that. They seem to all be doing pretty well. If they aren't quite ready probs a loan deal at a higher level the next step. Would be  great to see homegrown players back  in the side in the future.

If they are good enough they are old enough. At 18 -19 they should be knocking on the door for a start or sub.

Fine judgement to make as was proved with Finn Yeats as an 17-18 year old at Aberdeen and got his break at Falkirk. So i'm for giving them a go in particular if its cover for RB, LB, CB all positions that require them, solve that it leaves more cash available for other positions.

Also is signals to other young players that are available that Falkirk is the place to go.

Time to be bold it's how we picked up Will Vaulks

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:84 TWO TO GO

🔵 Review the hard fought 2-2 draw v Kelty Hearts with guest pundits Malcolm McFeat & Leila 🤎
⚪️ Fans outstanding 🥁🎶
🔵 Awards chat 🏆
⚪️ Subbuteo print competition winner announced 👏🏻 &
🔵 Annan Athletic (A) Preview 🚌

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

Sponsored by Lava Cup Tournament & Falkirk FFIT T8’s

IMG_9094.thumb.jpeg.2c3fce5d6ab769dd18b07e7243034c0b.jpeg

3 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Ten-man Falkirk battle for a point against Kelty Hearts as champions keep  unbeaten League One run intact

His foot isn't that high looking at that. I guess the guys round me might have been right saying it was never a red card after all.

What often happens when something is high is that it then goes down because of gravity. Also, a still photograph may take a snapshot of something on the way up, or on the way down.

I think the "once in a lifetime achievement" claim is an understatement.  I am in my 60's.  My dad was at the 57 cup final.  His dad supported Falkirk from about 1910.  I don't know if his dad supported Falkirk, but if he did he was just about old enough to be around at the formation of the club in 1876.  

None of them saw an invincible Falkirk team.  That's a once in a four lifetime event for me (if we manage to get over the line, nothing for granted).  And of course for the overwhelming number of supporters everywhere, they have never experienced it and never will.

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I thought it would just be you with a camera in each hand and a GoPro strapped to your head.

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

This unbeaten run owes a lot to Allan v Cove, Donaldson v Edinburgh and the whole team v Kelty Hearts. Those achievements mean just as much as the  4 5 and 7 goal routs along the way.

Don't forget Miller v Edinburgh for having the bottle to score the pen in those circumstances when he's not even our regular penalty taker.

On 19/04/2024 at 12:15, Newbornbairn said:

Strips aren't out. There's only the small available with the hoodie now 

Think I got the last “large”.  Fantastic, great quality.  I’m too old for a strip but this will do nicely.