The Falkirk FC Thread

Let’s hope we get as many supporters signing up to the FSS, renewing/new STs and every possible £ into the club. This will give the manager grounds for bringing in players. So far it’s looking promising on the STs sales, let’s hope it continues!!!!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That has to be the smallest end of season release list in my 50 or so years following the Bairns.

Same here, a right anti climax to end of the season

Edited by grumpyoldman

One of the biggest things for me next season is how the fans react to defeat. We have been great this season but we have to stick with the team and keep giving them support. It’s inevitable we will lose games next season but hopefully we will all cut the management and players a bit of slack and stay behind them.

5 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Goalkeepers - Nicky Hogarth (1)

Defenders - Finn Yeats, Keelan Adams, Coll Donaldson, Tom Lang, Leon McCann, Sean Mackie (6)

Midfielders - Brad Spencer, Liam Henderson, Calvin Miller, Callumn Morrison, Alfie Agyemang, Aidan Nesbitt, Gary Oliver, Michael McKenna (8) 

Forwards - Ross MacIver, Ryan Shanley, (Jordan Allan) (2/3)

So that’s 17 under contract plus a few apprentices now. Not sure whether any of those youngsters are ready to step up. Ideally I’d still be looking for a keeper (Stone?), another CB (Hanlon maybe? But I’d prefer someone right sided), a holding midfielder (Tait?), and a winger (Ross?). Jordan Allan might be away but I don’t think the budget will stretch to another striker with Shanley, Oliver and McKenna already covering Ross MacIver.

Yeats and Henderson are rare gems that can play in Defence and Midfield. Wanting to change things in a game these two give McGlynn that option. If as hoped Adams gets the right back slot it frees up Yeats to play in midfield which I think is where he will make his name. There are going to be more players than club slots and suspect there's going to be a 'wow' signing.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

One of the biggest things for me next season is how the fans react to defeat. We have been great this season but we have to stick with the team and keep giving them support. It’s inevitable we will lose games next season but hopefully we will all cut the management and players a bit of slack and stay behind them.

Genuinely think that the support now has back, the connection and relationship that’s been missing for a few seasons. It’s a given that we’ll get some results that wont go our way, however,  if the players give it 100% application and graft, don’t think there will be anyone giving it to the players. Don't get me wrong there will always be one or two that complain even when we get results, there’s not a lot you can do with them apart from telling them to shut the f…. up. 

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yeats and Henderson are rare gems that can play in Defence and Midfield. Wanting to change things in a game these two give McGlynn that option. If as hoped Adams gets the right back slot it frees up Yeats to play in midfield which I think is where he will make his name. There are going to be more players than club slots and suspect there's going to be a 'wow' signing.

I have reservations now on ‘wow’ signings after Ruben Sammut (Chelsea under 23s?? ‘wow’) and Leigh Griffths. And then, of course, there is the the “Dads Army” signings of 2008 that went against everything beforehand. So, just good, solid signings without a label will do me.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Would love a Farid type signing. Not the striker bit but a player from abroad that nobody has ever heard of. It adds a bit of spice wondering if they are the new super star or a worthless punt

Seen too many worthless punts playing for us in the last few years.

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I wonder if Mackie resigning means that the Hanlon rumour doesn't have any legs.

If Hanlon was coming in I'd assume that he'd be replacing Brad McKay in the squad

14 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

If Hanlon was coming in I'd assume that he'd be replacing Brad McKay in the squad

Definitely, we need at least one player in each position as backup (Natural position, not second position like Mackie at Centre Back)

4 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Even before celebrating with the Falkirk team he'd lost his place inan underperforming Cove team. I'd be pretty surprised if his next move is full time so i think it's the right choice by the club. Hope he kicks on and gets regular football somewhere.

I wonder if Mackie resigning means that the Hanlon rumour doesn't have any legs.

Neither does Hanlon.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Genuinely think that the support now has back, the connection and relationship that’s been missing for a few seasons. It’s a given that we’ll get some results that wont go our way, however,  if the players give it 100% application and graft, don’t think there will be anyone giving it to the players. Don't get me wrong there will always be one or two that complain even when we get results, there’s not a lot you can do with them apart from telling them to shut the f…. up. 

I was in the north stand for the Alloa game due to my mate attending and me being too late in buying him a ticket for the south. At the end, with everyone in fine fettle and most heading to the pitch, I stood behind a guy who was whining about the fact that the players had gone to the Ultras first on the lap of honour, meaning that he would have to wait before getting the chance to congratulate the players. I suppose he had a point as, by that time, there were only a couple of dozen left in the north, however, we'd just completed an invincible season, having won the league at a canter, yet this guy thought it ok to moan about the order that a lap of honour was completed! 'An absolute shambles' 'feckin amateurs' etc etc.

We won't stay unbeaten next season, but it's crucial that guys like that don't get the chance to start berating the team because it could catch on, with the obvious potential consequences.

Can't believe supporters have actually grassed about non official products. 

Just been reading through the programme from the Alloa game. The Coll Donaldson interview(nothing to do with him) doesn't read well at all. Ridiculous amount of mistakes in it. I'm not sure how the interview was conducted then put on to paper but surely someone must check all this out before print.  Multiple other mistake throughout the rest of it as well. Anyway it's  a souvenir of a good season. 

2 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

tbf Brad McKay was barely in the squad, 20 mins up at Cove, gave away a goal, out injured for 4 months, 1 maybe 2 appearances on the bench and then out on loan in January 👀

39 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Can't believe supporters have actually grassed about non official products. 

Just been reading through the programme from the Alloa game. The Coll Donaldson interview(nothing to do with him) doesn't read well at all. Ridiculous amount of mistakes in it. I'm not sure how the interview was conducted then put on to paper but surely someone must check all this out before print.  Multiple other mistake throughout the rest of it as well. Anyway it's  a souvenir of a good season. 

lucky you, i missed getting one and now they're gone ...🥲

That release list should free up some funds for the squad. McKay and mcginn would have been on good money and the club advertised that the fss donations paid for tait and Ross, not sure if that would have been a contribution or the whole thing.

Hopefully these extra season ticket sales and top ups will see us having a couple of good signings coming in over the next month or 2.