The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Captain Chugwash said:

First game of the season and this stinking patter is back, deary me. The FTV boys were lumped with a host of issues because QTV (who broadcast on behalf of Premier Sports) took over their gantry and internet connection. The poor quality footage you saw was taken from QTV's cameras. The FTV team actually did an excellent job to bring you a stream at all so maybe give them a bit of credit instead of suggesting they should be shown the door, you clown.

They knew a week ago what QTV’s requirements were, I’m sorry it was a PPP means PPP situation. 

On 08/07/2024 at 18:30, Springfield said:

Was thinking the same. Just a thought. Anyone with a bit of enterprise could make a few bob. Get a stall set up in the stadium perimeter with packed lunches - Small juice, Mars bar, Greggs sausage roll or pie for £4. 

I just had a memory from my childhood watching GrangeHill and them making toast.

Is it Pie Sports you have this year? Some of there pie at Patrick have been amazing and yes expensive but they are probably twice the size. Although your Kebab pie was excellent last time me played you.

28 minutes ago, Hampden Roar said:

They knew a week ago what QTV’s requirements were, I’m sorry it was a PPP means PPP situation. 

Not true. Hearing that organisation on their side was a shambles and a lot of miscommunication in what was a “too many cooks” situation. Thanks for playing though.

The highlights well they’re pretty awful but I understand there were issues so I’m not gonna complain too much but the Premier Sports highlights possibly has the most boring commentator I’ve ever heard. if you can’t sleep tonight, just put on his audio  

33 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

We will see mate, enjoy your night.

You should maybe be more concerned with ayrs intensity because unless all the money you've spent has improved you since last season when our B team beat you without breaking sweat you'll be lucky to stay up again. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Not true. Hearing that organisation on their side was a shambles and a lot of miscommunication in what was a “too many cooks” situation. Thanks for playing though.

I’m sorry the club knew a week ago of their requirements 

12 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

You should maybe be more concerned with ayrs intensity because unless all the money you've spent has improved you since last season when our B team beat you without breaking sweat you'll be lucky to stay up again. 

IMG_4866.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

The highlights well they’re pretty awful but I understand there were issues so I’m not gonna complain too much but the Premier Sports highlights possibly has the most boring commentator I’ve ever heard. if you can’t sleep tonight, just put on his audio  

The commentary was by DUTV for some reason

The 'Oh no' at the second goal was quite funny 

3 hours ago, BPM said:

Hopefully today will be the end of “we need a CH” campaign and the MacIver is not good enough chat on Falkirk Daft. 
Adams was outstanding as were the whole side. It was like we had never been away. After 20 minutes we absolutely bossed the game. Win on Tuesday and we will be in a very strong position. 

I’ve been a massive advocate of MacIver, he’s on for 30 again this season 😉😂

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Are Falkirk Daft saying MacIver isn’t good enough?

Not at all. Just re-listened and John says we need another big, strong striker as well as Ross MacIver as the other options are very different in Shanley and Oliver (assuming Allan goes). Nothing at all was said that he wasn’t good enough. 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Don’t think it’s a case of getting anyone ‘better’ but I would be concerned if Maciver was unavailable for any length of time. 

Before today I’d have prioritised a centre half but on today’s showing Adams is more than adequate in that position. I’d therefore be looking for an extra striker on loan.

Agreed

I saw Shire beat Dunfermline's U18's 4-1 in a pre season friendly this morning then joined my Falkirk supporting friends and family at the Falkirk game.

Early days and it's argued the League Cup group stage simply gives a competitive edge and purpose to pre season but I was impressed with Falkirk. They went toe to toe with Dundee United and turned the screw after the 1st goal. If they keep up their momentum and get a point minimum in Ayr then they'll be through. If I were a Falkirk fan I'd be looking forward to the season ahead.

Until the 1st goal I felt there was a lack of energy but it's the first competitive game of the season and it was an entertaining end to end affair despite that.

If I were a Dundee United fan I'd be unsure how to feel. They won the Championship and it's only the 1st game but someone must have said that 1st goal wins as they collapsed then did bugger all. Also, the last time their manager was in the Premiership he managed Aberdeen off the face of a cliff, didn't he?

They were a bit jaded and tired and were like a singer/comedian that used to be famous. Mind going for a family holiday to Blackpool to see a singer/comedian who was a talented heart throb back in the 40/50's? Mind your gran loved him but you think there's a reason he's playing holiday season in Blackpool and doesn't get asked for autographs anymore? Anyway she enjoys the show and you think it's a bit naff, 'safe' and just not that funny. 

That's how I felt about Dundee United but Falkirk should compete with Ayr for mid table this season and then build from there. There's a positivity about Falkirk but Rome wasn't built in a day.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The Premier Sports highlights are up on YouTube btw. 

They're fucking shite though 

Is there a curse around the zoom button at our stadium? Premier highlights and Falkirk tv always miles away from the action . Sorry if pointing this simple fact out makes me a clown 

This team just doesn’t lose games. Pleasing.

Particularly pleasing when you consider the fact we’ve just won the league with an invincible season yet somehow seem to have stumbled across a new superstar defender from the amateurs.

33 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Is there a curse around the zoom button at our stadium? Premier highlights and Falkirk tv always miles away from the action . Sorry if pointing this simple fact out makes me a clown 

It doesn’t make you a clown at all. We bought Falkirk TV so the grandkids could watch the match today, but the coverage was terrible.

It was late starting, there was no build up, no sound for the majority of the first half and to top it off the picture was awful and really poor quality. It’s gone backwards ever since it moved to Pars TV/SFO tbh. 

I think lots of others seemed to have issues with it today too, so you’re not alone  

Value for money has definitely gotten much worse too, especially with times being tight for all families at the moment.