The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

1) of course.

2) If Falkirk TV aren't in control of what happens at TFS then they should be and something isn't right.

3) 99.9% sure that I have never posted either of those remarks.

Not the brightest are you?

It’s very obviously only for the premier sports cup games.

Also where did I claim you said those things? You told me that it was people’s opinions when my original post was actually in response to one of those remarks 😂. Braindead.

12 hours ago, GMBairn said:

You should maybe be more concerned with ayrs intensity because unless all the money you've spent has improved you since last season when our B team beat you without breaking sweat you'll be lucky to stay up again. 

I actually think Ayr have made some ok signings, the good thing is Scott Brown has signed them who so far over his, albeit short, managerial career has a win rate of about 30%.

He’s more interested in sucking up to Brendan Rodgers, Wee McGregor and the Celtic fans are as well as slagging off Rangers than focusing on being a serious football coach/manager.

2 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Not the brightest are you?

It’s very obviously only for the premier sports cup games.

Also where did I claim you said those things? You told me that it was people’s opinions when my original post was actually in response to one of those remarks 😂. Braindead.

You're almost as charming as that lovely @BPM poster. Sorry, you're exactly as charming as that BPM poster.

Really enjoyed the game and thought we were dominant and Utd were poor. MacIver won everything in the air and the whole team looked hungry. Hunted in packs off the ball and looked comfortable with the ball. A polished performance and take a bow Keelan Adams! The lad reads the game and was right place, right time throughout and comfortable on the ball.  A real find, and McGlynn has a decision to make on what is our strongest back line now. A good headache to have and no failures for me yesterday. If we get out the group stage we could use cash to bring in further signings on loan at least. Trust in McGlynn.

Edited by GunnerBairn

The Premier sports coverage is quite shocking, which I have two main takes from

1) Falkirk TV looks pretty respectable by comparison considering it is all done by volunteers 

2) Doncaster once again showing his complete and total incompetence for flogging said rights for about 30 pence, and being genuinely pleased with himself about it 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Despite a minor injury crisis that was a fantastic performance yesterday yet I sober up, read a few pages on here and realise what utter wankers some of our fans are. How any “fan” can go straight to picking negativity from that match absolutely baffles me. I enjoyed that from start to finish and can only see us getting better when the squad is at full fitness. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Absolutely. It baffles me when some of our fans say “we need a striker that will score more goals than MacIvor” but they don’t have the football intelligence to realise that if you replaced him with someone like Burrell, he may score more but we will score a lot less as a team as MacIvor creates so many attacking chances for others due to his unselfishness in the build up

Correct. Morrison certainly wouldn't have scored so many last season without MacIvor in the team.

31 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Absolutely. It baffles me when some of our fans say “we need a striker that will score more goals than MacIvor” but they don’t have the football intelligence to realise that if you replaced him with someone like Burrell, he may score more but we will score a lot less as a team as MacIvor creates so many attacking chances for others due to his unselfishness in the build up

I think we need someone else similar in style to MacIver as should he become injured, I don’t think any of the others would bring our 2 wingers into play as much, as you say. I may be doing McKenna an injustice but think he is more of a CM/10 now than a target man to win flick ons or headers like MacIver did in the box yesterday. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

Shanley looked decent when he came on. Won a couple of headers and was physical. Not exactly the same as Tequila obvs but it’s clear how McGlynn is developing him. Let’s be happy ffs, that was great yesterday 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Somehow a teenage lad with an iPhone has created a better looking highlights package than premier sports could manage with all the professionals and cameras they have available to them.

Fair doo's to the guy! good effort so well done that man.

6 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Shanley looked decent when he came on. Won a couple of headers and was physical. Not exactly the same as Tequila obvs but it’s clear how McGlynn is developing him. Let’s be happy ffs, that was great yesterday 

He did look up for it, which is what you want from the subs coming on. No failures yesterday. 

Great to be back in the stadium & atmosphere was brilliant again from the fans. 

Edited by RC55 FFC