The Falkirk FC Thread

I think where the jury was/is out on Shanley is the fact he came halfway through last season it would have been hard to uproot any of our team given how it ended so his chances were limited to shine. It is clear McGlynn has an eye for a player and has seen something a lot of us didn't and as mentioned yesterday he did look up for it, had a couple of good runs and how the united player didn't get booked for bringing him down I don't know. I do agree that it would be good to have another backup striker but pretty sure I read/saw McKenna can play as a striker as well as midfield so that would answer that one.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You're almost as charming as that lovely @BPM poster. Sorry, you're exactly as charming as that BPM poster.

I"m no fan of @BPM, the sense he talks is sometimes watered down by the attack mode he adopts and tries to explain away as banter but he's unquestionably a massive supporter of the club and puts his money where his mouth is. I've no idea who @Captain Chugwash is but if he / she is a volunteer at the club then that deserves respect and the views they express have more weight than the rest of us.

There's no justifiable reason to disrespect the anonymity rules here and point fingers the way you did, particularly when it's clear you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/more-matches-on-premier-sports

10 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

I"m no fan of @BPM, the sense he talks is sometimes watered down by the attack mode he adopts and tries to explain away as banter but he's unquestionably a massive supporter of the club and puts his money where his mouth is. I've no idea who @Captain Chugwash is but if he / she is a volunteer at the club then that deserves respect and the views they express have more weight than the rest of us.

There's no justifiable reason to disrespect the anonymity rules here and point fingers the way you did, particularly when it's clear you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/more-matches-on-premier-sports

Your opinion means f*ck all to me mate.

8 hours ago, BPM said:

So what does “we need a level above Ross mean?”

Agree, we do need a decent Brian Graham type targetman. Do you think they will provide the funds to get one though? Goalscorer always cost a lot sadly. 

4 hours ago, Captain Chugwash said:

There have been gripes with FTV over the past couple seasons but as mentioned in an earlier post, none of the issues you’ve mentioned were their fault yesterday. 

Respectfully disagree CC. The results of the FSS survey are pretty clear, the fans say every aspect has deteriorated since the changeover.

Yet someone put out a statement saying how they have “not only maintained but improved it”. Sorry, but that just comes across as someone in denial and completely ignoring the fans feedback.

We use the service and are grateful for it, so I don’t agree with some of the harsh/personal comments of some people on here, but equally it’s not fair to try and pretend it’s not definitely worse now than it was. 

On a lighter note, from what little we could see, Adams looked decent. 

31 minutes ago, Sarah67 said:

Respectfully disagree CC. The results of the FSS survey are pretty clear, the fans say every aspect has deteriorated since the changeover.

Yet someone put out a statement saying how they have “not only maintained but improved it”. Sorry, but that just comes across as someone in denial and completely ignoring the fans feedback.

We use the service and are grateful for it, so I don’t agree with some of the harsh/personal comments of some people on here, but equally it’s not fair to try and pretend it’s not definitely worse now than it was. 

On a lighter note, from what little we could see, Adams looked decent. 

Could you please point out to me out to me (just out of interest here) and tell me which aspects of the club you think have deteriorated in the last two years? Also I’m going to pray and hope you enjoyed that performance yesterday yes? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Fair doo's to the guy! good effort so well done that man.

Agreed! Hopefully not the last we've seen of the young youtuber who put together a highlights package that puts high budget professional organisations to shame.

At least we won't have to worry about Premier Sports anymore, as yesterday's game was the only Falkirk match to be streamed as part of the group stages. Falkirk TV will revert to their usual coverage moving forward.

I thought the Bairns played really well yesterday, and got a good win against a now Premiership team. Bodes well for the upcoming season.

Was also impressed with Adams.

24 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Could you please point out to me out to me (just out of interest here) and tell me which aspects of the club you think have deteriorated in the last two years? ...

I read the OP comment as in regard to FTV. 

The FSS survey says ...

Falkirk TV is a quality service?

We have seen a reduction in those 
who agree with this statement from 
52% in 2021/22 and 59% in
2022/23 to 47% in 2023/24.

The anti MacIver stuff is and always has been totally bizarre. He was excellent last season and picked up where he left off yesterday.

There were valid question marks when he joined and I think some Falkirk fans just haven't been able to move on from their pre-determined opinion of him. Those of us who watch the games with an open mind are big fans of him now.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I read the OP comment as in regard to FTV. 

The FSS survey says ...

Fair enough, I’ve misunderstood the comment. Didn’t realise the poster was being specific to Falkirk tv but for my tupens worth the service is fine all be it I only really use it for highlights. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Where's all this anti Ross MacIver stuff that everyone seems to be getting their knickers in a twist about? 

A couple of posters mentioned we may need back up or competition and that isn’t allowed. Even Falkirk daft aren’t allowed to comment anymore. 

8 minutes ago, BillyBairn said:

At least we won't have to worry about Premier Sports anymore, as yesterday's game was the only Falkirk match to be streamed as part of the group stages. Falkirk TV will revert to their usual coverage moving forward.

I thought the Bairns played really well yesterday, and got a good win against a now Premiership team. Bodes well for the upcoming season.

Was also impressed with Adams.

Having a player with a strong shot to pick up any clearance forces the opposition to deploy a tactic to nullify that threat.

Therefore forcing the opposition to be reactive rather than proactive in how to set up the midfield when under pressure.

In Jock Steins great 60's Celtic side there was Murdoch on the right, Gemmell on the left 30 - 40 yard out waiting to fire in a howitzer from any clearance cutback resulting in the opposition midfield set up address that rather than be creative. The amount of space they created for teammates by their presence handed them midfield dominance.

Adams has that shot in his locker and proven last season so does Donaldson and Henderson.

We have not had that threat for years.

Long season to go but was encouraging yesterday onwards and upwards. Buckie line up will be interesting and there may well be player rotation.

What a nice problem to have

33 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

A couple of posters mentioned we may need back up or competition and that isn’t allowed. Even Falkirk daft aren’t allowed to comment anymore. 

No that is not what was said. One on Falkirk Daft said we needed an upgrade on MacIver. That is not saying we need competition but replacement which is clearly unfair on MacIver 

It is tiresome to read people getting abused for offering a different point of view. 

Ironic too, for some to be told off for pointing fingers at people when the same users try to accuse others of being someone else.

A lot of double standards going on.

2 hours ago, BPM said:

No that is not what was said. One on Falkirk Daft said we needed an upgrade on MacIver. That is not saying we need competition but replacement which is clearly unfair on MacIver 

I think you're the only one that thinks getting in another quality striker that can challenge McIver means anyone wants him replaced. It absolutely means having some positive competition which is firstly good for the team and secondly good for MacIver.

In general you have some strange perceptions of other people's discussion. Someone saying we could do with another centre half as back up to Lang and Donaldson does not mean anyone also thinks we are in a terrible situation. It would just mean that we would get to see Keelan Adams in his preferred position. 

Edited by Jimmy1876