The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Re: admission costs and catering prices, I think that there is a degree of psychology involved. £21 to get in then £7 for a pie and Bovril seems a bit much. However, if we charged £23 to get in and then it costs £5 for a pie and Bovril sounds about right. Or maybe it is just me?

Difference being the money from the pie sales does not go to the club, the catering contract is outsourced. Gate receipts obviously do go directly to the club however. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Difference being the money from the pie sales does not go to the club, the catering contract is outsourced. Gate receipts obviously do go directly to the club however. 

Even better then surely?

15 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

£23 to the club instead of £21 to the club?

£5 to the caterers instead of £7 to the caterers?

The club benefits.

The club BOD promised fans at the beginning of last season ticket prices would be frozen for a minimum of two years so that’s not possible. The club also have no control over what the catering company charge (they have probably paid good money to win the contract in the first place) so there’s also no mechanism there the club can use to reduce prices of pies either and to be honest I don’t see it as a massive issue, if somebody thinks the pies are to expensive then simply don’t buy one! It’s not harming the club in any way. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Never buy anything from them (for quality reasons rather than cost) but a boycott sounds a good idea to me. As said by others earlier in the thread it's supply and demand in action. 

It looks like profiteering to me rather than a natural increase so I hope the stalls are empty until there's a rebalance .

I seldom buy and if people aren't happy they should boycott and express their unhappiness, but the rhetoric on COYB is almost unhinged. the fact is though food inflation in the last year is running at around 2% a month and the minimum wage is up what 10% or so. These costs have to come out somewhere and it's always the consumer who pays. always. i will say the club hasn't handled this all that well this has been blowing up for over a week now and silence,

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

They are a complete irrelevance.

they are a community club who won their league last year, like us. I'm sure supporters of the premiership clubs view us an an irrelevance, okay maybe not Dundee United lol, but they'd be wrong. I'm sure the last time we played stenny in a competitive game they beat us and beat us well. the fact they don't like us is neither here nor there to me, I get why but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I think I can understand the frustration, even if I haven't/wouldn't react in the same way. It is a significant jump in prices, and unlike other areas of club, it's probably the one time that fans weren't informed of a change prior to rocking up at the stadium. 

get that but isn;t it a bit naive in times of rampant inflation over the last year or so to be surprised, unless you're a kid of course and mum and dad are covering all the cost. tbf it doesn't look like that on coyb though.

44 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Re: admission costs and catering prices, I think that there is a degree of psychology involved. £21 to get in then £7 for a pie and Bovril seems a bit much. However, if we charged £23 to get in and then it costs £5 for a pie and Bovril sounds about right. Or maybe it is just me?

it's you seeing as you don't actually go to any games

19 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The club BOD promised fans at the beginning of last season ticket prices would be frozen for a minimum of two years so that’s not possible.

Appreciate the club statement and kept to their word. I like all my mates contributed the extra £60 and helped getting guys like Tait signed. (We can argue till the cows come home about the catering costs)

So the club cannot alter or tweak the away gate pricing. Mightily hacked off these cnuts over at Hamilton are charging £26 a skull. Seriously considering giving it a miss. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Appreciate the club statement and kept to their word. I like all my mates contributed the extra £60 and helped getting guys like Tait signed. (We can argue till the cows come home about the catering costs)

So the club cannot alter or tweak the away gate pricing. Mightily hacked off these cnuts over at Hamilton are charging £26 a skull. Seriously considering giving it a miss. 

Legally we cannot increase the pricing of the north stand without doing the equivalent to the KM stand. 

Just now, AJ1981 said:

get that but isn;t it a bit naive in times of rampant inflation over the last year or so to be surprised, unless you're a kid of course and mum and dad are covering all the cost. tbf it doesn't look like that on coyb though.

I'll caveat this post by saying I haven't tried any of the Pie Sports pies yet so can't comment on the quality but in respect to all the other staples sold I'm not sure they can improve the quality of a Mars bar, tea or soft-drink syrup so much that it justifies the price hike to the extent they have.

I'm not in favour of an organised boycott but people can choose not to buy it.

On 15/06/2024 at 16:14, AJ1981 said:

its irrelevant if somebody is from denny or denmark, if they support falkirk fc they're part of the family and we're a family that can be pretty hard on itself. people should be viewed on their opinions and their actions. not where they come from. where you are born is an accident of nature 😂 

5 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

it's you seeing as you don't actually go to any games

So I support Falkirk but I watch on Falkirk TV because I live abroad but I am not part of the Falkirk family?

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Legally we cannot increase the pricing of the north stand without doing the equivalent to the KM stand. 

Had no idea that this was a legal requirement. So for next season does any increase on the away support, ie £2, we need to apply the same £2 to the KM?

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Had no idea that this was a legal requirement. So for next season does any increase on the away support, ie £2, we need to apply the same £2 to the KM?

Not a legal statute as such but is in the SPFL articles of association.

I suppose the thing with the rage over pie prices is to do with the sort of tradition and routine factor that goes hand on hand with attending football. It's a thing that people do. It's emotive. Pie and Bovril is synonymous with going to the game in Scotland. I can take or leave it, but the kids always want a drink and 3 quid for a cup of skooshy syrup shit isn't Great. But for me the reaction is like a less important version of how we all loathe non 3pm on Saturday games, or how we think it's shite when there's no cash gate. Going to the football is one of the few things left that carries such long held wee routines and stuff and maybe it just stings a bit for it to suddenly feel like someone is fleecing you over it.

On the pie debate. FWIW, £7 for a dry tasteless kebab pie and watery hot choc left me a tad disappointed.. Will ensure to save a few coppers for when I next venture towards a steak / scotch pie. 

One good thing about the great pie boycott is that there will be less rubbish in the stadium 🙌🏻. Every cloud and all that.

Now if we can just sort the pesky website we might finally have harmony amongst us…