The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I must be losing it.  I see Sneddon in goal tonight.  I can't remember anything about him.  Where did we come from?

Signed him from Partick a few weeks ago. 

For what it's worth in the pie debate, if the contract was up it's likely the prices were going to go up regardless of who was chosen as vendor, a bit like my mortgage when my deal ends in September. 🤬

How we looking tonight? Couldn't make the game but sounds like we're a bit unlucky to be behind? 

10 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

For what it's worth in the pie debate, if the contract was up it's likely the prices were going to go up regardless of who was chosen as vendor, a bit like my mortgage when my deal ends in September. 🤬

How we looking tonight? Couldn't make the game but sounds like we're a bit unlucky to be behind? 

Not sure how we arent winning. Hit the woodwork 3 times as well

Screenshot_20240716-210724_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9c36bfdd461bba9b0987d017c84cc9a1.jpg

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not sure how we arent winning. Hit the woodwork 3 times as well

No the woodwork you have to hit its the netting past that.

Good runout tonight, better team but Ayr were comfortable second half which is a slight worry 

Their new stand is a beauty, possibly my favourite ground in Scotland now 

Again I don’t think we have anything to worry about relegation wise but top 4 should be seen as a real achievement. Lots of strong teams this year who are looking up not down 

Decent performance again. Very unlucky to lose and still looked solid enough at the back considering we're missing 3/4 of our starting back 4. Ayr looked ok but nothing to be frightened of in the coming season.

54 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Not there and not watching as I'm a bag of nerves when watching us live on the telly for some reason. Do you think that Donaldson or Lang could have stopped the goal?

Yeah I think they would’ve probably won the header. We were so comfortable for the majority of the game

Another strong performance. Particularly encouraging considering Ayr will probably be challenging for the promotion play offs. 

Needed to take 3 points from the pot 1 and 2 teams to have a good chance of getting through and we have done that. If we beat Buckie and Stenny by a couple of goals that should be enough 

Bit of a strange game. Both teams had chances and not sure we deserved to lose. We definitely competed throughout.

That said, we lacked a bit of quality in the final third and were a bit slack in possession at times, which we won’t get away with this season.

Frustrating game. Very unlucky not to be in front at half time far less level. 
The second half they stiffened up a bit and we created less despite completely dominating the ball. However overall nothing to fear.
On the evidence of tonight I can’t see them challenging. The two up front are slower than a week in the jail. They actually improved when they took the cart horse Oakley off. 
Even a losing draw tonight would have seen us in a very very strong position. Are the positions decided by goal difference or head to head? I can see the three FT teams ending up with 9 points. If it is goal difference we need to pummel Buckie at the weekend 

Should have won it over the piece but we weren’t quite as sharp in the 2nd half to keep the momentum up. Could have been 3 or 4 goals to the good by HT though. Only critique would be we could have brought the subs on 10mins earlier but hey ho. 

Nothing to fear for the season ahead. 

Two tricky games within a few days is bound  to have an effect on the players at this time of the season . They won't quite be up to full match fitness so it's no surprise they tailed off second half. You can see that brown has managed down south. Like bullen before him it's all targeted towards big physical front men but I thought our makeshift pairing coped pretty well.