The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Not even close. McGlynn was the driving force behind the Goodwillie deal. The then BoD could have stopped it but it was all McGlynn.

McGlynn isn’t the kind of manager who would let a board sign a player he wasn’t 100% behind

So why was a board member sacked /  stepped down over it ? Or was it all whispers 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I think it's a mixture of everything required. SLO, JS on the QT if they have influence and a catch-all statement from the club this week just as a reminder that misbehaviour and/or tragedy chanting is unacceptable.

We think and hope we'll be better than them on the park but let's definitely be better than them off the park.

I think it's the unfortunate trade off really. Said that last season too.

On one hand the young team have made a massive difference to the atmosphere in the ground, have lifted the players and probably won us a couple of points as a result. Brilliant.

On the other hand some of them are irritating wee fannies. Who will do what irritating wee fannies trying to be edgy will do. 

I don't believe any self policing or announcements would do f**k all . You either take them warts and all or empty them.

For me the good outweighs the bad. 

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I think it's the unfortunate trade off really. Said that last season too.

On one hand the young team have made a massive difference to the atmosphere in the ground, have lifted the players and probably won us a couple of points as a result. Brilliant.

On the other hand some of them are irritating wee fannies. Who will do what irritating wee fannies trying to be edgy will do. 

I don't believe any self policing or announcements would do f**k all . You either take them warts and all or empty them.

For me the good outweighs the bad. 

Absolutely the case that they have transformed the atmosphere at TFS but it certainly does not mean they are a law unto themselves.

The balaclava wearing stupid song singing shite should be condemned and strongly acted against by the club.

21 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

So why was a board member sacked /  stepped down over it ? Or was it all whispers 

If you’re referring to John Sim I think he had just had enough of running Raith Rovers, Goodwillie probably was the straw that broke the camels back there. He is a fairly elderly man who lives in Thailand. After the circus settled down he put out a call for investment and when a credible offer materialised he sold his controlling stake in the club. Nobody forced him out, he owned the club outright. He still owns a minority of shares in the club and still owns Stark’s Park. He’s still an occasional attendee at games. 

Of the remainder of the board then both of members who voted against the signing stepped down there and then as a protest. Two guys who voted for the signing do remain on the board.

Edited by Enigma

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If you’re referring to John Sim I think he had just had enough of running Raith Rovers, Goodwillie probably was the straw that broke the camels back there. He is a fairly elderly man who lives in Thailand. After the circus settled down he put out a call for investment and when a credible offer materialised he sold his controlling stake in the club. Nobody forced him out, he owned the club outright. He still owns a minority of shares in the club and still owns Stark’s Park. He’s still an occasional attendee at games. 

Of the remainder of the board then both of members who voted against the signing stepped down there and then as a protest. Two guys who voted for the signing do remain on the board.

Every days a school day I suppose 

OUT TOMORROW!

🆕🎙️EP:91 “I LIKE A DRY PIE”

🔵 Review Flag Day & the win over Queens Park with FTVs man behind the camera, Drew Barton 🎥
⚪️ @BTWFalkirk Invincible’s Lager 🍺
🔵 Preview Dunfermline Ath (A) with @bigfootballscot host @stevenmill 🏁

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_1092.thumb.jpeg.4a4a252b15c4468405d1c83d2613b936.jpeg

It's worth saying that the hissing and Norrie songs have been here long before the Ultras group. No doubt they should absolutely be stamped out and the Ultras could play a part in that, but this is definitely not symptom of the Ultras group and conflating the two isn't fair. 

24 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It's worth saying that the hissing and Norrie songs have been here long before the Ultras group. No doubt they should absolutely be stamped out and the Ultras could play a part in that, but this is definitely not symptom of the Ultras group and conflating the two isn't fair. 

Actually if it’s coming from the ultras section as is what is being suggested they absolutely deserve to be condemned…….

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Not a chance Rovers are interested in Mcglynn, and not a chance Mcglynn is interested in the Rovers.  

56 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Who said that was even a thing? That’s hilarious man! 🤣

Guess who!

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

Don’t think any of us would be surprised if RR haven’t already made contact with the club.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Who do you think are doing the singing?

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually if it’s coming from the ultras section as is what is being suggested they absolutely deserve to be condemned…….

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Who do you think are doing the singing?

It's coming from individuals. It might get exacerbated in a mob mentality kind of way, but it is ultimately individuals.

Football fans, particularly in Scotland, should be all too aware of the dangers of labelling a group as deviant following the actions of individuals. 

The Ultras will undoubtedly have a role in helping stamp out the actions of these individuals, as there is a risk of them being latched onto. You'll not get a solution to that though by creating a false narrative that unacceptable behaviour is somewhat a result of the group.  

5 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I think it’s worth a punt putting out a message asking the Ultras to not let the club down by singing these absolute awful songs. The relationship between the club and the Ultras is extremely strong and they have been an integral part of our clubs success in the last couple of years. Let’s hope the screw the head on and go and enjoy their day without any of these vile and disappointing chants and songs. It would be nice if they turned the corner and continue to be a credit to the club. After all there are lots of alternative songs they have created along with some of the old standards. 
Come on Jamie and the board, let’s put it out there and see if we can change this unacceptable type of behaviour to all fans.  I suppose we won’t know unless we try. 

Edited by bejazz1

8 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It's coming from individuals. It might get exacerbated in a mob mentality kind of way, but it is ultimately individuals.

Football fans, particularly in Scotland, should be all too aware of the dangers of labelling a group as deviant following the actions of individuals. 

The Ultras will undoubtedly have a role in helping stamp out the actions of these individuals, as there is a risk of them being latched onto. You'll not get a solution to that though by creating a false narrative that unacceptable behaviour is somewhat a result of the group.  

I love the ultras and the stadium is totally different place thanks to them but, when I heard the drum beating along to the Dean Shiels song I was furious.  You can say it's individuals but it was a number of individuals in the area where ultras are, singing along to the drums. 

Ultimately however, it's for the whole stadium to stamp out. The main stand and others in the KM should have been booing those singing (or something to show it won't be accepted) and didn't.  So while I don't accept that associating the ultras with those songs is a false narrative, I do accept that it's not just for the ultras to sort. It's for all of us.

14 minutes ago, One off poster said:

I love the ultras and the stadium is totally different place thanks to them but, when I heard the drum beating along to the Dean Shiels song I was furious.  You can say it's individuals but it was a number of individuals in the area where ultras are, singing along to the drums. 

Ultimately however, it's for the whole stadium to stamp out. The main stand and others in the KM should have been booing those singing (or something to show it won't be accepted) and didn't.  So while I don't accept that associating the ultras with those songs is a false narrative, I do accept that it's not just for the ultras to sort. It's for all of us.

100%. I'll be honest here and say that I sit in the KM stand and was there on Friday night. It might just be my old age but a lot of what I heard on Friday was just a noise to me, I couldn't make out what was being sung. 

I'm taking my 8 year old son to Dunfermline on Saturday. As much as I'm looking forward to it, I know these unacceptable songs will be sung purely because the Ultras sing about hating Fifers, "gas a Fifer he's deid" in games where we're not even playing them! It's down to the Ultras themselves firstly to stop that and if they don't it's the job of other supporters to shout them down and the club to put a stop to it

8 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I think it’s worth a punt putting out a message asking the Ultras fans to not let the club down by singing these absolute awful songs. ...

Have to agree with others and perhaps not made clear in my earlier post but I don't think singling out U1876 is helpful. 

A minor problem but any reminder should be directed at ALL and not just the Ultras.

Regarding Friday night, I too am in the KM and most I heard was "Hate the Fifers, clap your hands" but not to say much worse wasn't sung.