The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He’d be the next I’d be offering an extension to.

Alfie, Miller, Mackie and Ross all need new contracts I reckon teams will start sniffing about our players as the run goes on.

Also need to look at a position round about the TFS for the statue of McGlynn... 😂

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Alfie, Miller, Mackie and Ross all need new contracts I reckon teams will start sniffing about our players as the run goes on.

Also need to look at a position round about the TFS for the statue of McGlynn... 😂

What a nice problem to have then there is the factor of one of the younger players bursting through and too good not to give a chance to. Game won 20 odd minutes to go give them a run out and real game experience. McGylnn has come a long way since the Airdrie debacle so fair doo's to the board for backing him.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

McGylnn has come a long way since the Airdrie debacle so fair doo's to the board for backing him.

Come a long way since signing the rapist. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few teams in the league above were taking a look at him now. 

56 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Made me laugh. Seething are you? Aye? 

IMG_6840.jpeg

He was on X. Just a wind up merchant IMO. Not serious views if you look through his posts 

Just listened to McGlynn on Sportsound. Nothing really different from post match stuff TBH. The most accurate comment on the whole piece was from Rory Loy about the stability that has been created at the club to allow the football side to flourish. He has been at the club and witnessed the dysfunctional way we were run before. Was it on WDH he first highlighted it?  

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Just listened to McGlynn on Sportsound. Nothing really different from post match stuff TBH. The most accurate comment on the whole piece was from Rory Loy about the stability that has been created at the club to allow the football side to flourish. He has been at the club and witnessed the dysfunctional way we were run before. Was it on WDH he first highlighted it?  

It was. Some funny/scary comments about how some people involved in the club at the time behaved. We are a different beast on and off the park now thankfully.

4 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Massive plaudits have to go to Hogarth imo. Not just for his display yesterday but his performances so far this season have been excellent. He has improved so much. Everytime hearts sent a ball into the box yesterday I had 100% confidence Nicky would come and claim it. Hopefully he can go and kick on now, and get a proper run in the team. 

Quite enjoyed his Pickford-esque post catch flop downs as well. 

12 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Quite enjoyed his Pickford-esque post catch flop downs as well. 

One of them was tremendously dramatic. Ball caught, landed, 2 steps then a slow mo sink to the knees and down 🤣

I know we like money but honestly, this is a football tournament, so for football and personal reasons I'd really prefer to avoid going away to the uglies. 

Vile experience going there which seems to be getting worse... See the blue cheek fans despicable antics yesterday

Edited by Bairnardo

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know we like money but honestly, this is a football tournament, so for football and personal reasons I'd really prefer to avoid going away to the uglies. 

Vile experience going there which seems to be getting worse... See the blue cheek fans despicable antics yesterday

Does anyone know if it’s a seeded draw? If it is, its odds on we will get one of the OF unfortunately.

I’d love a home draw re anyone but the OF or Aberdeen tbh….. 

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Me too, there's some winnable ties in the next round. If we are to play them, I'd rather it was at hampden in a semi final (not that we're there yet). 

As much as there's a rivalry between us and the pars, my hatred for the two arse cheeks goes beyond that. I genuinely hate them. 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Does anyone know if it’s a seeded draw? If it is, its odds on we will get one of the OF unfortunately.

I’d love a home draw re anyone but the OF or Aberdeen tbh….. 

4.17 In the Quarter Final Round of the Competition, the 8 Clubs and clubs qualified and 
eligible to participate in this Quarter Final Round shall be included in an ‘unseeded’ 
ballot to determine which two Clubs or clubs will play against each other in each of 
the 4 Quarter Final Round Matches. In the case of each such Match the Club or club 
drawn first shall be the Home Club. The Clubs or clubs will play a single Match at the 
Match Ground of the Home Club. The 4 winners from the Quarter Final Round will 
qualify to play in the Semi Final Round.

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

4.17 In the Quarter Final Round of the Competition, the 8 Clubs and clubs qualified and 
eligible to participate in this Quarter Final Round shall be included in an ‘unseeded’ 
ballot to determine which two Clubs or clubs will play against each other in each of 
the 4 Quarter Final Round Matches. In the case of each such Match the Club or club 
drawn first shall be the Home Club. The Clubs or clubs will play a single Match at the 
Match Ground of the Home Club. The 4 winners from the Quarter Final Round will 
qualify to play in the Semi Final Round.

Spartans away incoming….

Edited by roman_bairn