The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Listening to FD now..... Did Aero leave on bad terms with the fans? 

He wasn't immune from stick in the Hartleys heroes era, but I wouldn't have had him down as one that disliked us

I don't think he left on bad terms, I think when you look at his time with us in a struggling team he was the only one who seemed to give a sh*t wasn't the greatest defender but he put in effort just a shame the rest of the team back then couldn't.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He wasn't immune from stick in the Hartleys heroes era, but I wouldn't have had him down as one that disliked us

Being captain for the first half of that season probably didn’t help him much. His last start for us was when Dunfermline pumped us 4-2 (going on 5 or 6) at TFS, and iirc he was massively at fault for one of the goals. Was dropped the following week at Ayr away and a few days later he was gone. Can’t forget he was the one of the last  (if not the last?) that had remained after the Houston era into the followinng decline; he’d been a mainstay in the team that had finished 8th the season before. Was a good servant for us and I don’t harbour any ill feeling against him like I think most Falkirk fans don’t, but probably easy to forget how the last 18 months or so dampened the positive feelings that had been built up before that. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

For anyone wanting a laugh great watch seeing Ewan getting ripped by John and Steven Mills

scroll to about the 25 minute mark

Now that we’ve won the game and won’t play Hearts again for a while, can we not mention that guy again?

In fact, if we do play Hearts again, can we just not mention him at all next time?

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It would be sweet if John McGlynn was able to benefit from his relationship with Brendan Rodgers and used some of the money from the Celtic tie to borrow a couple of their players, eh? 😋

Would be ok in the short term but if we have realistic ambitions of ever competing in the Champions League we’ll need better as they’ve proved time and time again they ain’t good enough 😉.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don’t recall him being on bad terms. Forever remembered for punching a *** in the baws and it was glorious. 

I personally didn’t mind Aero but he did get a lot of stick that final season from the South stand and on more than occasion bit back, which you can understand. I don’t think he’d be welcomed back. 

I think he’d love to score against us though. 

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

I personally didn’t mind Aero but he did get a lot of stick that final season from the South stand and on more than occasion bit back, which you can understand. I don’t think he’d be welcomed back. 

I think he’d love to score against us though. 

I reckon anyone that played for us in the 5 yrs prior to McGlynn would love to score against us especially Anton Dowds, mind you most of the issues stemmed from the previous regime and a succession of shite managerial appointments and board decisions.

I don’t think it was necessarily the push on its own for me from Vargas, it was the fact he jumped up like someone possessed and charged at Spencer like a madman. The referee was absolutely horrendous. Totally inconsistent with his bookings and awarding of fouls.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I reckon anyone that played for us in the 5 yrs prior to McGlynn would love to score against us especially Anton Dowds, mind you most of the issues stemmed from the previous regime and a succession of shite managerial appointments and board decisions.

Are you Gary Deans?

10 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I don’t think it was necessarily the push on its own for me from Vargas, it was the fact he jumped up like someone possessed and charged at Spencer like a madman. The referee was absolutely horrendous. Totally inconsistent with his bookings and awarding of fouls.

I think he lost a tooth in an earlier collision if I remember and was raging re that. The ref possibly took it into consideration although whether he should have is questionable……

36 minutes ago, BPM said:

Are you Gary Deans?

I just remembered back to that comment to the AGM was wondering what you were on about there ..lol, pretty much goes to show how many people they pissed off.

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

His patter is f**king chronic. Makes Paul Slane look like Billy Connolly. You’d have to be a masochist to put yourself through that podcast every week. 

I've never listened to it before, but tempted to go back a week and listen to that now. 

Bad times when you prefer the fifer to the other host. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bumped into his brother in law in Lanzarote last year and he said Aero loved his time with us and didn’t want to leave.

36 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Bumped into his brother in law in Lanzarote last year and he said Aero loved his time with us and didn’t want to leave.

Can’t remember anyone in my time supporting the club that took a better penalty…….

Aye we’ve had a few who could take a good one, but I don’t think (could be wrong) that Aero ever missed one. Did he not take 10 and score the lot?….

Edit to add that he did indeed score 10 from 10 with us and all time 31 from 35…..

Edited by roman_bairn

Muirhead was a decent player for us I thought. One of a number of solid championship players hunted out the door and replaced by Hartley's f**king impersonators.

Safe to say we wouldn't have ended up in league one with more players of his standard on the pitch and less Tom Dallisons.