The Falkirk FC Thread

On 22/08/2024 at 05:11, HopeStreetWalker said:

I was there. What a day Dempsey and Manley were outstanding at centre backs and the whole team were superb and worthy winners. Andy Nicol never gave McClair a kick of the ball.

We bailed out of dodge sharpish, sporting losers they were not.  Was parked in the estate opposite the Springfield Vaults got out of there like an F1 start and never looked back. It was deliverance, we had stayed up and fair doo's to Clarke he got everything right that day.

I remember listening to the radio on the way to the match and they were talking about how many Celtic would score as they could still win the league on GD.

We were given zero chance.

Absolutely delicious and legendary.

3 hours ago, BPM said:

The longer this saga goes on at Raith the more I think Potter is getting this job, especially if they are signing players. What manager in his right mind is going to accept a set up in Scotland that the DOF is signing the players? Gary Holt esq stuff. 

I think so too. Although it could be some patsy who gets the job due to those circumstances, which will never work. 

10 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Baveridge looking like he’s off to ICT.

Surprised they would loan him back out to a league one side again. Wouldve thought his next move would be at a higher level.

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Rovers claiming they got Jamieson in front of several other Championship clubs too. Doubt we would have been one though.

Every player they sign is ‘in front of a clutch of other clubs’ (see the 2 old boys from Hibs as prime examples). Its propaganda from their board and press office bragging about how much they are spending.

Be interesting to see who’s making these signings ? Potter in line for the job perhaps ?

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Every player they sign is ‘in front of a clutch of other clubs’ (see the 2 old boys from Hibs as prime examples). Its propaganda from their board and press office bragging about how much they are spending.

Be interesting to see who’s making these signings ? Potter in line for the job perhaps ?

It's never been a secret Potter has been the one in charge of signings since he came in. I doubt we'll see him as manager long term as he apparently has no interest in it, thankfully. 

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

To be fair it was Jamieson himself who said that he had a few options in the championship but wanted to go to Raith.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

It's never been a secret Potter has been the one in charge of signings since he came in. I doubt we'll see him as manager long term as he apparently has no interest in it, thankfully. 

We have heard all those platitudes before time and again. Saves the money men a wage 

14 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Brad Spencer deserves a song. 

He’s got one, to the tune of Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen. The ultras have only sang it a couple times though.

Edited by WHW

7 hours ago, BPM said:

The longer this saga goes on at Raith the more I think Potter is getting this job, especially if they are signing players. What manager in his right mind is going to accept a set up in Scotland that the DOF is signing the players? Gary Holt esq stuff. 

I agree, wouldn't be at all shocked if that was the plan all along anyway as Potter worked with Raith's owners at Kelty. Barrowman's statement about how they were looking for "the right man" and were confident they would have the next manager in place quickly is looking more and more like an outright lie. Stinks of the SFA statement that they had searched far and wide for the next head of refereeing only to end up with Willie Collum! 

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

What, you mean that Potter signed the players whether Murray wanted them or not? Little wonder Murray's away then.

Reading some comments from Thistle fans on the match thread, & their astonishment at how McGlynn gets a tune out of Nesbitt & McIver. Got me thinking, are there any players who failed to improve in their time at John McGlynn's Falkirk? There can't be many.

1 hour ago, WHW said:

He’s got one, to the tune of Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen. The ultras have only sang it a couple times though.

Do you know the words, even though I’m at the opposite end of the KM7 I try to join in as much as I can 

20 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Reading some comments from Thistle fans on the match thread, & their astonishment at how McGlynn gets a tune out of Nesbitt & McIver. Got me thinking, are there any players who failed to improve in their time at John McGlynn's Falkirk? There can't be many.

Only one I can think of was Brad McKay but Guardiola would struggle to get a tune out of him. He hardly played either.

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The only player that McGlynn signed that I thought was poor (and it’s some feat to only have one) was the boy Wright on loan from County, he was awful. 

Agree. There are not many players who’ve come in and not make a real impact. He was top of my list of players showing no improvement under McGlynn