The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Agree.

Probably just worth saying though that we are the guys up top. Another FSS uptick and the funds would definitely be there. 

I agree, after our start to the season and the way we performed yesterday, surely if anyone can afford to join and haven’t yet they will now🙏🏻

Having listened last night to our gaffer post match on FFC TV it’s clear he’s on the hunt for a backup to Big Ross although sensed some frustration to date given limited pool to draw from with choice between fit but inexperienced youngsters or unsigned free transfers that are not fit at this point. Did we not have rumour recently that Sharnley going out on loan & can’t see that happening unless replacement found.

A day later and still plenty of pride at the way we played.

I predicted we would play like we did and not lump it and I was certain we would score. What I didn’t expect was for 70min  limit Celtic to hardly troubling Nicky Hogarth. In that time I think he had two saves. Forrest early on and a thunderbolt straight at him about 5 minutes before the equalised for the second time.

Going to the best side in the country, (forget they changed most of their side and don’t forget their midfield was the same one that dismantled Rangers a few weeks back) and be brave enough to play like that was sensational. I don’t think I have heard anyone who wasn’t impressed by our approach. McGlynn, Smith, the backroom team and the players should take massive pride and importantly confidence from that. 

No reason now why we should not take that into the rest of the league campaign. Play to a similar level from here and we are going to be very close to winning this league. 

13 minutes ago, BPM said:

No reason now why we should not take that into the rest of the league campaign. Play to a similar level from here and we are going to be very close to winning this league. 

First time in perhaps a decade, came away from a defeat disappointed but so bloody proud. Were one player short in my opinion (CF) 

If we can somehow identify the correct guy and as you’ve said we won’t be far away from winning the league. 

15 hours ago, Springfield said:

First time in perhaps a decade, came away from a defeat disappointed but so bloody proud. Were one player short in my opinion (CF) 

If we can somehow identify the correct guy and as you’ve said we won’t be far away from winning the league. 

What about someone like  cillian Sheridan to the end of the season. He's a free agent currently and did very well in his short stint at queen's park  in the second half of last season. 

Edited by Shodwall cat