The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Derek McWilliams Broxburn take on Dalkeith in the SC on BBC Scotland just now.

Was at Broxburn at the weekend, didn’t realise he was the manager.  They played very well.

I know some posters were moaning about our Ultras singing what they thought were inappropriate songs last week at Parkhead.

Well, I see our friends over the water have issued a statement threatening to close the stand where their Ultras are seated due to repeated throwing of objects at officials and opposition players as well as causing damage to seats in their own area (apparently it cost c.£130 per seat wrecked by their own fans).

I’m not saying for a minute our Ultras are angels (I’m no angel myself tbh) but we should be thankful for what we have with our young team given the behaviour of other fan groups.

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know some posters were moaning about our Ultras singing what they thought were inappropriate songs last week at Parkhead.

Well, I see our friends over the water have issued a statement threatening to close the stand where their Ultras are seated due to repeated throwing of objects at officials and opposition players as well as causing damage to seats in their own area (apparently it cost c.£130 per seat wrecked by their own fans).

I’m not saying for a minute our Ultras are angels (I’m no angel myself tbh) but we should be thankful for what we have with our young team given the behaviour of other fan groups.

I agree, on the whole our Ultras are generally well behaved. A lot of them are really young and there will be a level of immaturity amongst the younger ones in relation to some of the stuff they sometimes sing. They have been great though and I’d hate not to have them.

11 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Great article. However, can we get a Alfie a sight-seeing tour of Falkirk please 😆 🗿

Edited by Blame Me

2 hours ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Thank f**k you're not our manager, deary me...

McIvor played centre back and there is a long history of players thrown into positions they don't usually play and it's a revelation.

If you don't have the wherewithal to comprehend that happens in football then there is not much hope for you.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

McIvor played centre back and there is a long history of players thrown into positions they don't usually play and it's a revelation.

If you don't have the wherewithal to comprehend that happens in football then there is not much hope for you.

For f**ks sake you STILL can’t even spell his name correctly. 

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This does happen but under no circumstances do you throw a right back up front when you have three forwards who can arguably play that position. 

Maybe worthwhile playing Coll in goals  because he’s big and tall and might end up being an awesome goalkeeper. Definitely worth a try 🙄

Good to hear Nesbitt is back and Morrison should be back for the Ayr game.

Real blow re MacIver, assume McGlynn has been searching for a striker since the second Celtic came out the hat but must be slim pickings out there. Especially with Ayr, Airdrie, Morten, Dunfermline and Raith all in the hunt for a striker as well. 

Hopefully he's not out for too long. Maybe Agyeman will play up top tomorrow and run riot

5 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Went to watch the reserves on Tuesday v the Pars in the reserve league cup & we put out a very young starting X1 with the exception of McCann, Shapley & McKenna who all played 90 mins.  (Sneddon also played 60 mins). I found it interesting that In second half S & Mc played as an obvious front two & to be fair they both tried like bears urged on vociferously by McGlyn & Smith. A couple of observations I gleaned was that actually McKenna is taller of two but Stanley more agile in air. Neither are particularly slow but clear nor are they as mobile as Ross Mc in the high press he is so effective in doing for team. Be interesting to see who replaces Ross tomorrow if he’s definitely missing.

Was also at the game on Monday and I thought both McKenna and Shanley were poor with Shanley in particular having a very poor game. First half was the usual 4-2-3-1 then moved to the diamond at half time.

22 minutes ago, Rocco said:

This does happen but under no circumstances do you throw a right back up front when you have three forwards who can arguably play that position. 

Maybe worthwhile playing Coll in goals  because he’s big and tall and might end up being an awesome goalkeeper. Definitely worth a try 🙄

Coll in goals. Dont be silly. Now Hendo might work as it is probably the only place he has not had a shot at.

Think with MacIver being out then starting Gary Oliver up top is the best available option we have. We have nobody that can properly replace what MacIver brings to the team and whilst Shanley is better in the air than Oliver it's Olivers hold-up and link play that is far superior and that really is going to be huge for us. I get he's a polarising player and a lot of fans don't or won't ever like him but I think he's absolutley fine to play up front for the odd game or 2 (100% need someone else in if Ross is out longer term however) and I certainly never get tired of watching Oliver back into big carthorse centre-halfs and come away with the ball.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Think with MacIver being out then starting Gary Oliver up top is the best available option we have. We have nobody that can properly replace what MacIver brings to the team and whilst Shanley is better in the air than Oliver it's Olivers hold-up and link play that is far superior and that really is going to be huge for us. I get he's a polarising player and a lot of fans don't or won't ever like him but I think he's absolutley fine to play up front for the odd game or 2 (100% need someone else in if Ross is out longer term however) and I certainly never get tired of watching Oliver back into big carthorse centre-halfs and come away with the ball.

I think the key thing that you have sort of nodded to is that with back to goal, the ball needs to go into Olivers feet where Maciver can take it into feet or in the air. 

As long as we acknowledge that and don't feed Oliver to their centr half's eith aerial balls he can't win we can still do good. 

There's always plenty options for a lay off and the return of Nesbitt would be timely on that score too. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think the key thing that you have sort of nodded to is that with back to goal, the ball needs to go into Olivers feet where Maciver can take it into feet or in the air. 

As long as we acknowledge that and don't feed Oliver to their centr half's eith aerial balls he can't win we can still do good. 

There's always plenty options for a lay off and the return of Nesbitt would be timely on that score too. 

Aye thats fair. Anything up to head height for Oliver up against Hanlon/Murray/Fordyce then it's pretty f**king pointless. But get it to him chest/feet then he's more than capable of linking the play. Pretty much the same way we used him up top 2 seasons ago.

10 hours ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Wowser..........." you're a cup half full guy ....right ?? "

Option a)  Falkirk qualified from a League Cup Group on goal difference,

Option b)  Falkirk squeaked out a League Cup Group, despite getting their arses felt at Somerset Park.

Were you at the game at Somerset? You were battered 0-1

Team picks itself surely with MacIver out. Oliver will play up front and Finn stays in midfield.

Keelan Adams to striker is maybe the worst shout I've ever heard ... 

We definitely won't see Shanley starting again this season imo. 

Bad feeling about today. I think it could be... the one...

Obviously I hope first and foremost we don't lose cos its important for league football to try and not lose games, but weirdly, id prefer to be there when it happens. 

Hendo will probably be upset and i'd like him to know that i'm there if he needs a hug. 

4 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

I hope the unbeaten run doesn't go this way, with a whimper and a team gutted by injuries.

I don't think it'll be with a whimper, not seen a Bairns team battle like this group do.

Injuries and/or poor refereeing are going to be our downfall.

I had us down for a narrow victory at the start of the week. I'll stand by that prediction. Going to be tough though.