The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

I wouldn't want us to have any financial responsibilities to the women's team whatsoever...if they want to pay subs like a lot of blokes would have done when younger to get a game on a weekend fair enough but I have zero interest in their results & would be frankly raging if any of my season ticket money paid a penny towards their expenses.

Personally I wouldn’t mind if the club brought the women’s team in house as I don’t think we are talking a huge amount of money here, a lot of the girls also don’t seem particularly happy with how they are treated under the foundation at the moment so it would be a solution to this however I totally understand your point and it’s fair enough. Most fans spending money on the football club want to see it going directly to the club I.e. translating into players on the pitch and helping us win games which there can be no argument with, we are a football club and that should always be the priority. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Again I much prefer women's football to be a separate entity from mens and self funded just like the men's teams are. Then there's no arguements over why this team is getting more money than the other team. Bring the women's team under the falkirkfc banner and you will soon be getting questions on why the women's team aren't getting paid the same as the men etc.No issues with them raising money at Falkirk games etc if they wish or starting up funding streams  but fans aren't buying season tickets to fund the women's team.

This topic has been raised a few times so I'll repeat what I said previously. 

I believe the womens team are largely self-funding at present, mainly due to sponsorship brought in by the coaches and everyone involved paying their own way. 

If they were part of FFC our successful commercial team would likely be able to bring in additional sponsorship for them. They would simply be a different product to be added to the range of commercial opportunities, along the same lines as having golf days and speakers nights for the academy. 

I obviously have no idea how the club would do it but I doubt any season ticket money would be diverted to a womens team. 

The elephant in the room when it comes to the women's team and bringing it in house - despite feelings either way about the Foundation - is we are struggling to fund a men's team far less adding whatever the women's costs might be.

As bainsford bairn alluded to there will almost definitely be addition comercial opportunities to bringing the women’s team in house the club could work on, there are also obvious PR benefits. Woman’s football is a growth area and I genuinely don’t think it would be a drain on club resources if done correctly however it is a fair point of concern for fans who pay they’re money to watch the men’s team and expect the cash to be reinvested in that direction. I’d like the club to explore the idea (as I think they are) however I can also see the other side of the argument which is perfectly legitimate. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

If the club had more funds available, I’d have no issue with a small amount of funding going towards the women’s team. However, I don’t think it’s something fans’ money should be used for at the moment.

The men’s team can only operate as it does because it is funded by fans through ticket sales, sponsorship etc. I do think most supporters reasonably expect that their contribution is spent on that team or things that contribute towards it (like the academy). 

More than happy for the commercial department to help out with finding sponsors but I’m not sure the solution is for the club’s money to be diverted towards what is in effect a wholly separate team.

Each week Falkirk fc tweet about games involving 'our' teams, u16s u18s, mens first team and falkirk women, so are they already under our banner? If they being run by the foundation then how come the club are claiming they are part of the main club, seems the water is rather murky. For what it's worth, I think it would be good to have them in house but it does come down to cost? I do know Stenhousemuir run their womens team, the directors say it costs money they would rather spend on the mens team but they need to be seen to be doing the right thing towards the ladies 

18 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

Each week Falkirk fc tweet about games involving 'our' teams, u16s u18s, mens first team and falkirk women, so are they already under our banner? If they being run by the foundation then how come the club are claiming they are part of the main club, seems the water is rather murky. 

No they're not. 

A number of years back, the previous commercial staff were very active in getting players to visit sponsors premises on almost a daily basis. Because of that, there were literally dozens of commercial stories to go on club socials. So the media officer at the time started publicising the womens team with things like match reports and fixtures as it increased the football content.

The fixtures part still gets done, perhaps for historical reasons or perhaps there's a desire between club and foundation to publicise womens football. It doesn't cost anything so why not? 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

a lot of the girls also don’t seem particularly happy with how they are treated under the foundation at the moment

Have you spoken to them? 

8 hours ago, BPM said:

I agree but this undercurrent of stories and counter stories needs tackling and club shareholders have the right to know for a few of reasons.

The stories coming out on here are by yourself and the same few with close contacts to the board.

There’s only one poster who had a genuine issue with the Foundation, with a few bad experiences, however that’s some organisational issue that does need addressed and should be nothing of concern to the club AGM. 

You’re pressing for answers when you already have one side of the story. 

If you want the other side then why not contact the Foundation. 

43 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No they're not. 

A number of years back, the previous commercial staff were very active in getting players to visit sponsors premises on almost a daily basis. Because of that, there were literally dozens of commercial stories to go on club socials. 

So why not now? Why change your opinion to an analogy about a dog owner being the only one to feed it. Why can’t the club help regardless? 

Hi folks - I am really happy with the way the team is performing at the moment and loving going to games and watching an entertaining and winning team.

Given how happy and content I am, am I still welcome on this thread or would it be better if I found something trivial to moan about?

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hi folks - I am really happy with the way the team is performing at the moment and loving going to games and watching an entertaining and winning team.

Given how happy and content I am, am I still welcome on this thread or would it be better if I found something trivial to moan about?

You'll certainly not be welcome on the board with that attitude 😉

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Last time I checked this is "The Falkirk FC Thread" not "The Falkirk FC football only thread" ...

That encompasses everything Falkirk FC whether it interests everyone or not.

57 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

So the media officer at the time started publicising the womens team with things like match reports and fixtures as it increased the football content.

I remember when we went all over the country covering the youth team with match reports and pics. I`ve got an archive full of them. Now that we have a couple of youth teams again, it might be worth reviving that and watching the progress or otherwise of these youngsters?

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I honestly hope that all we are doing on here for years is arguing about random stuff cause the football is so good. 

4 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I remember when we went all over the country covering the youth team with match reports and pics. ...

1st team match reports don't appear to be a priority so can't see academy ones being produced any time soon.

The strategy would appear to be concentrated on producing video content and allowing BainsfordBairn and other photographers to publish photos on their own social media.