The Falkirk FC Thread

If Scobbie stays then he should be captain.

Dods named captain today.

Has Wardlaw signed? Will be good to see him get a good club so quickly :)

He is on trial at the moment, most Saints fan seem to rate him as a good 1st division player so should hopefully get us a few goals.

Now, nobody hold me to this but a guy on OneF claims to have seen several trialists up training today.

They were:

Robbie Winters

Darryl Duffy

Gareth Wardlaw

Others training included Mark Stewart, Olejnik and McManus.

Tsk, tsk, trawling OneF for stories? That will be frowned on here.

Would be awesome if all these players were at training however i think most will be with us for fitness rather than signing.

Duffy, Stewart, McManus and Wardlaw would be my favoured 4 strikers for next season.

4?!?!?!? We'll be extremely lucky to have 3 first-team strikers next season, I don't think there's any chance whatsoever we will be able to afford or accommodate 4.

Speaking of which do we have any young strikers cutting about just now? It just seems to be mainly defenders and midfielders. As per really.

4?!?!?!? We'll be extremely lucky to have 3 first-team strikers next season, I don't think there's any chance whatsoever we will be able to afford or accommodate 4.

Speaking of which do we have any young strikers cutting about just now? It just seems to be mainly defenders and midfielders. As per really.

Certainly not those 4 anyway, planet cuckoo land stuff.

Now, nobody hold me to this but a guy on OneF claims to have seen several trialists up training today.

They were:

Robbie Winters

Darryl Duffy

Gareth Wardlaw

Others training included Mark Stewart, Olejnik and McManus.

Obviously we won't be able to sign every single one of those strikers but I'd be delighted to sign any of them (yes, even Winters). I haven't seen Duffy play for a while but his pace was his greatest asset when he was with us before, I'm assuming some of that is gone? He'd still score goals though I'm sure. Winters could do a turn for us, good experienced pro and his record at Livingston was decent without being spectacular. Wardlaw would be a good signing by all accounts, haven't seen enough of him to make my own judgement. We saw what Stewart and McManus could do in this division last season (ie lots). Boaby coming back would also be a huge step forward.

If I was to guess I'd say we'll sign Winters, Wardlaw, Boaby and McManus.

We had Winters on trial for 2 or 3 weeks two summers ago before he joined Livingston. He did ok and I thought we might actually sign him but nothing special. He did look a wee bit like he was seeing out time on his career then and two years have passed since. What age is he now? :unsure: