The Falkirk FC Thread

Has there been some sort of rift between Compton and the other players or Pressley? He played the second half on Friday and even when he was in space on the wing, some of his team mates only grudgingly passed to him. I'd like to see us keep him as he's one the few players capable of creating anything in the final 3rd.

Compton criticised Pressley's tactics last season and got told to train with the young lads. He's not been brilliant but when you're played on your weak side constantly I'd maybe be upset too. Especially as he looked decent on the left and was about the only player able to go past a man

Has to be said, if Compton told Pressley he is clueless, he's gone up in my estimations.

Possibly worth a shot as player manager. Maybe he has some tactical know-how. Disagreeing with Pressley is a pretty useful indicator of that...

Has there been some sort of rift between Compton and the other players or Pressley? He played the second half on Friday and even when he was in space on the wing, some of his team mates only grudgingly passed to him. I'd like to see us keep him as he's one the few players capable of creating anything in the final 3rd.

There's been a rift since last season I think. I'd like to keep him too, because If Flynn goes, then Compton and Higginbotham are our only real sources of creativity.

It's fucking typical of ourselves to make hard times, even harder though. No money, down to the bare bones as far as players go, then Pressley goes and starts slagging off one of our few players publicly. If what you say about the players only 'grudgingly' passing to Compton is true, then there's obviously a division within the dressing room. What an utter shambles. f**k off Pressley.

Has the Falkirk element to my bet (on teams to win their respective leagues in England & Scotland) been misplaced or are folk just being a bit melodramatic about Falkirk's chances of the title this season?

I have it on each way so second place would be good enough too.

I think we'll be somewhere between 4th-7th. Absolutely no chance we'll finish top 2 unless some cash appears from nowhere to bring in 5/6 players. Even then Pressley would still spunk it all on shite.

I think by the seasons start we'll have a reasonably strong first 11 to push for the top half, but the lack of squad depth, would probably see injuries etc push us down the table. I don't think we'll be fighting to stay in this league though, although my opinion may change dependent on any players brought in.

Has the Falkirk element to my bet (on teams to win their respective leagues in England & Scotland) been misplaced or are folk just being a bit melodramatic about Falkirk's chances of the title this season?

Were you on hallucinogenic drugs when you put that bet on? :blink:

You do realise we are managed by Steven Pressley dont you? :lol:

You might as well have put your money in a big pile and set fire to it.

What was your reasoning in picking us?

Seriously? :o

I wouldn't have touched Falkirk. Generally I expect HB to be correct in that they'll be nowhere near promotion but most likely not near relegation either ultimately but if they don't pick up some players and / or some investment soon they are seriously screwed. They haven't a goalkeeper who can legally drink (well they might have barely) nor a forward at the club. Although there are some decent players trialing with them (McGovern, McManus) they appear to be in worse nick than us at the moment.

Were you on hallucinogenic drugs when you put that bet on? :blink:

You do realise we are managed by Steven Pressley dont you? :lol:

You might as well have put your money in a big pile and set fire to it.

What was your reasoning in picking us?

Seriously? :o

I wouldn't have touched Falkirk. Generally I expect HB to be correct in that they'll be nowhere near promotion but most likely not near relegation either ultimately but if they don't pick up some players and / or some investment soon they are seriously screwed. They haven't a goalkeeper who can legally drink (well they might have barely) nor a forward at the club. Although there are some decent players trialing with them (McGovern, McManus) they appear to be in worse nick than us at the moment.

I only have a quid on it (I have chosen the league winners in Scotland & England),and I don't really expect to win anyway but several thousand pound would be nice.

Seriously though, I just have a feeling Falkirk will have a decent season.

I only have a quid on it (I have chosen the league winners in Scotland & England),and I don't really expect to win anyway but several thousand pound would be nice.

Seriously though, I just have a feeling Falkirk will have a decent season.

Hunners o green dots cometh yer way if correct :lol: