The Falkirk FC Thread

Just an alternative view point as I think some people are getting carried away. I wouldn't say I've been particularly negative this year.

Why would being negative suit me?

laugh.gif

Nobody is getting carried away. Nobody expects anything from this team. We are essentially an under 19's team with 5 or 6 older players(and these older players range from 21-25, with the exception of Dods). The fact we're playing decent football, and players are giving it their all, thats all I ask. It's not their fault they have to do a mans task out there and regardless of where they finish, I will be proud of them.

Most of us expect another couple of mid table seasons in the first division before we have a promotion worthy team so anything more than that is a bonus. And it will be worth it in the end when we have a financially stable club doing well :)

Yep, i think though that tight as this first division is, it's really very very pish quality, which is fortunate.

A 5th or 6th place in the league would be a good season. Probably the case next season as well.

The real sad thing is we are talking about a couple of years till financial security.

We had that and then some. I'm still staggered to beleive that someone at the club agreed with the idiot Hughes that being the 7th best side in Scotland two years running wasn't good enough for a club our size. The young guys in the side is uplifting but had we kept to our budgets while in the SPL, a relegation would not have seen us having to throw them all in at the one time. And we may have been talking of mounting a creditable title challange not in two or three years time but immediately.

That we came 3rd last season tells it's own tale of the quality in the division at the moment.

I'm still staggered to beleive that someone at the club agreed with the idiot Hughes that being the 7th best side in Scotland two years running wasn't good enough for a club our size.

It really is astonishing.

The sad thing after that is that even that decision wasn't ultimately catastrophic, given we could easily have reduced our outlays and made that money back, had the board not appointed first Eddie May with Pressley, then Steven Pressley on his own.

On both occasions, the summer and the winter, we could haev remained in the league had we appointed a real manager.

Weren't we just the 7th best side one season? I thought we finished 10th, 10th, 7th, 11th and 12th in our five seasons.

Still, the point still stands - in a way I don't blame Hughes for asking for more money (despite my well-known misgivings about him), but I can't believe the morons on our board didn't tell him to sit back down and shut up.

Weren't we just the 7th best side one season? I thought we finished 10th, 10th, 7th, 11th and 12th in our five seasons.

Still, the point still stands - in a way I don't blame Hughes for asking for more money (despite my well-known misgivings about him), but I can't believe the morons on our board didn't tell him to sit back down and shut up.

We finished 10th, 7th, 7th, 10th, 12th.

The first year we were 7th was the year Dunfermline were relegated. We were never really in any danger of making the top 6 but we were very comfortable in 7th. The second was when we missed out on the last pre-split game at Pittodrie. The year we survived on the last day we actually finished above St Mirren as well as Inverness.

We finished 10th, 7th, 7th, 10th, 12th.

The first year we were 7th was the year Dunfermline were relegated. We were never really in any danger of making the top 6 but we were very comfortable in 7th. The second was when we missed out on the last pre-split game at Pittodrie. The year we survived on the last day we actually finished above St Mirren as well as Inverness.

Hah, so we did. It all seems so long ago now :(

Agreed. I don't blame Hughes for asking for more money, but I certainly blame him for how he spent it - although I'll admit that I was genuinely excited about the signing of O'Brien at the time, given his career to date - how wrong I was!

We weren't that far off the top six the previous season, if Hughes and the board really wanted that 'next level' pish, then a couple tweaks here and there could have done it, but they went completely overboard. The board should have told Hughes to f**k off, really, when they seen who he was wanting to sign.

Hah, so we did. It all seems so long ago now :(

Yup. That record is why it annoys me a little bit that people are saying "this is the most I've enjoyed the football in years". The two years we were 7th we had a brilliant team and some brilliant results, both home and away. The season we avoided relegation at Inverness was my favourite as a Falkirk supporter, there were some cracking games, two cup runs and obviously a rollercoaster ride over the year. The last two seasons have obviously been shite but when I see comments on OneF saying "this is the best the football's been since our first year in the SPL" I can't get my head round it.

Before people call me a c**t I would just like to say that I am enjoying the games more now than I have in either of the previous two seasons, and I think the effort and desire shown by the players in recent weeks has been great to see.

Agreed. I don't blame Hughes for asking for more money, but I certainly blame him for how he spent it - although I'll admit that I was genuinely excited about the signing of O'Brien at the time, given his career to date - how wrong I was!

We weren't that far off the top six the previous season, if Hughes and the board really wanted that 'next level' pish, then a couple tweaks here and there could have done it, but they went completely overboard. The board should have told Hughes to f**k off, really, when they seen who he was wanting to sign.

Bairnstrust just held a "George Craig tribute evening". What a shower of bawbags.

Yup. That record is why it annoys me a little bit that people are saying "this is the most I've enjoyed the football in years". The two years we were 7th we had a brilliant team and some brilliant results, both home and away. The season we avoided relegation at Inverness was my favourite as a Falkirk supporter, there were some cracking games, two cup runs and obviously a rollercoaster ride over the year. The last two seasons have obviously been shite but when I see comments on OneF saying "this is the best the football's been since our first year in the SPL" I can't get my head round it.

Before people call me a c**t I would just like to say that I am enjoying the games more now than I have in either of the previous two seasons, and I think the effort and desire shown by the players in recent weeks has been great to see.

Our first season in the SPL was dreadful. How long did it take us to win a home game?? The season after, with Stokes in the side and us horsing the Fifers at every turn, was fantastic though.

Bairnstrust just held a "George Craig tribute evening". What a shower of bawbags.

Lest We Ever Forget :-

Brian Guthrie :-

QUESTION: just how close are Falkirk to being a very good team? Answer: very close. Right now this young Bairns side is like a top F1 car just waiting for the final upgrades and fine tuning to be a real belter. Scoring is the problem that stands out, but being a fully paid-up member of the Church of the Eternally Optimistic Falkirk Supporters Club I remain convinced that we are nearly there, that goals will come and the side will haul themselves up the table.

Eddie May is committed to an attacking brand of the passing game – his charges are learning the hard way and growing up in public – and they are winners in waiting.

Evening

2 items have this evening gone live on the official FFC eBay store.

• Additional mascot slot allocated - Falkirk v Rangers (Previous mascot winner kindly gave permission for FFC to list this additional mascot item)

• Player Issue Falkirk home shirt 2006/2007, signed by 1st team squad including Russell Latapy, Kasper Schmeichel, Vitor Lima, Cedric Uras, Steven Thomson plus many more.

Both available now at the following link or via the eBay store link on the official website at your leisure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ffcshop/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Thanks

Retail Team

Keep the faith :) Exciting times at Falkirk again for the first time in a while.

Really good to see all the young boys coming through and even better that a few/most of them are Falkirk fans themselfs. Young Krissy Faulds from the Braes on the bench today well done lad :) Hopefully the start of another exciting career.

Looking forward to the next couple of games at home to Rangers and away to Morton. Just hope we give the Gers a game. COYB!!

And another thing, I don't blame Yogi for asking for more money. We were a bawhair away. I also don't blame the board for giving him more money either, it could have been achievable and an extra windfall from an old firm game would help finances. However, I blame Yogi entirely for the 4 duds he brought in(Bullen, McNamara, McCann and O'Brien) on wages far too high for their ability at the time. Bullen has majorly decreased his salary since arriving at the football club, and the other 3 were money-grabbing c***s.

Evening

2 items have this evening gone live on the official FFC eBay store.

• Additional mascot slot allocated - Falkirk v Rangers (Previous mascot winner kindly gave permission for FFC to list this additional mascot item)

• Player Issue Falkirk home shirt 2006/2007, signed by 1st team squad including Russell Latapy, Kasper Schmeichel, Vitor Lima, Cedric Uras, Steven Thomson plus many more.

Both available now at the following link or via the eBay store link on the official website at your leisure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ffcshop/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Thanks

Retail Team

Update -

Additional mascot slot item has been sold as "Buy it now".

Signed 06/07 home shirt (player issue) is still available however this is an auction item rather than "Buy it now". Shirt includes signatures of Latapy, Schmeichel and many others as mentioned above.

All money raised goes back into Falkirk FC.

Thanks

Retail Team