The Falkirk FC Thread

Why does Pressley feel the need to comment on this?

Ex footballer, current manager and football fan. I'd say he was entitled to comment on it.

Whether people agree with him or not is a different matter but he obviously thinks its important enough to bring it up.

Personally I think its important too but I also feel its pointless as no-one will listen and even if some do, f**k all will get done.

Edited by MattBairn

I saw this but didn't realize it was his first for them. Good news.

There a few other former players amongst the goals yesterday. Lee Miller got one for Carlisle and Darryl Duffy scored a penalty for Cheltenham.

As well as Scott Flinders getting a red card and giving away a penalty for a very clumsy challenge.

Feckin Duffy penalty put my English team oot..... :( and Ryan Flynn in commentary was called Steven Flynn....... :lol:

Duffie getting a new deal is superb news. He's undobutedly an unsung hero in our squad, and creates most of our goals. Fair play to him if he's willing to sign new terms, I fully expected him to be off at the end of the season or even January.

Good news about Weatherston too, he's really come onto his game lately, and I'd hate to think we could lose an in form player in January for hee haw.

Does David's new deal mean Compton isn't coming back in January?

Duffie getting a new deal is superb news. He's undobutedly an unsung hero in our squad, and creates most of our goals. Fair play to him if he's willing to sign new terms, I fully expected him to be off at the end of the season or even January.

Good news about Weatherston too, he's really come onto his game lately, and I'd hate to think we could lose an in form player in January for hee haw.

Does David's new deal mean Compton isn't coming back in January?

Id like to see Compton back if he can settle his differences with Elvis - but not at the expense of Weatherston

Was thinking earlier about how well things have gone this season:

-2nd in the league

-semi final of the league cup

-final of the Ramsdens cup

- won the Stirlingshire cup

- Beat Rangers and Dundee United missing key players.

- Pressley manager of the month (twice)

- 2 players of the month (Allagui and Dods)

- young player of the month ( Sibbald)

- Alot of young players in the team and doing well.

Coyb!

All three bits of news there are indeed pleasing. Weatherston has proved to be a good signing thus far and I've been impressed with his workrate. Sibbald coming back is great news as he's an outstanding talent. But Duffie signing a new deal dwarfs those bits of good news - we are now in a much stronger position when the bids inevitably come in for him. At only 19 years old this guy is only going to get better and it's superb that that will either be happening at Falkirk, or if it does happen somewhere else we are in a position to get a decent fee for him.

Yep really great news getting them both signed up. Weatherston has really improved in the last month or so and as showed on Saturday has become quite an important player for us and as for Duffie he's improved so much this season and to get him signed up for another year as least means we'll get a decent fee for him when he goes probably in the summer imo. He's improved defensively but going forward this season he's been fantastic just beats players with ease.

As for Sibblad it would be brilliant to see him back on Saturday. I thought he would've been out for longer and that really says a lot about him he's battled back so quickly.

Great wee interview here with Lee Bullen on life after football:

http://spencersagents.blogspot.com/2011/11/peter-hanson-interviews-our-lee-bullen.html?spref=tw&m=1

Interestingly he states that the average wage at the club is £350. Didn't imagine it would be quite that low to be honest. I'd figured around £500 or so. A good read anyway. Speaks very highly of Pressley.

Interestingly he states that the average wage at the club is £350. Didn't imagine it would be quite that low to be honest. I'd figured around £500 or so. A good read anyway. Speaks very highly of Pressley.

Isn't £500 the wage cap? Except the players who had deals from May and Yogi's tenure