The Falkirk FC Thread

Think it was something like £300,000, no hints of funding, and it's probably all on tick as Lyle Taylor hasn't been sold yet. Could easily be wrong on all counts though.

I thought that the money from the concerts that were paying for most of it.

Ach that's not right. The man is doing what we all do.............chasing pound notes, and in all probability, doing so for his family. I am quite sure he would have gone to Celtic had they offered the same deal first.

Ach that's not right. The man is doing what we all do.............chasing pound notes, and in all probability, doing so for his family. I am quite sure he would have gone to Celtic had they offered the same deal first.

I know. Footballer in money > career progress shocker. Hope he gets broken in 2 by Ian Black.

I would have absolutely no problem with him going to Celtic. No player who signs for a new second division club with the diddiest of diddy trophies to their name deserves respect.

Any of u guys shed any light on how much it has cost Falkirk with regards to the 3G pitch? Or if it was all government funded, I wish rovers would do this, garunteed money maker!

No grants or funding as far as I have been told.....

Cracking sig there JAB, who said that?

With regards to Barr, wasn't he a boyhood *** Rangers fan?

Correct.......

Fair play to him, I dont grudge any player or manager who go on to play or manage their supported club...

That said, I never really got the Darren Barr outstanding player thing.....neither have Hearts me thinks....

First season and 5 months after he spelt out he was leaving to Hearts when he showed owt for me

Darren Barr got back into the Scotland squad last season off the back of his Hearts form and he scored in a Scottish Cup final for them. He's been a very, very good player for Hearts. They're letting him go because their skint.

Moving to Sevco makes him an ambitionless c**t though.

No grants or funding as far as I have been told.....

Correct.......

Fair play to him, I dont grudge any player or manager who go on to play or manage their supported club...

That said, I never really got the Darren Barr outstanding player thing.....neither have Hearts me thinks....

First season and 5 months after he spelt out he was leaving to Hearts when he showed owt for me

He's not even a Rangers fan. He supports the Jambos.

Darren Barr got back into the Scotland squad last season off the back of his Hearts form and he scored in a Scottish Cup final for them. He's been a very, very good player for Hearts. They're letting him go because their skint.

Moving to Sevco makes him an ambitionless c**t though.

Getting in the Scotland squad now for a friendly isnt exactly an amazing thing at the moment, christ Gordon Greer is called up for a world cup qualifier game....

He was never really a first pick at Hearts 54 league starts in 3 seasons and he usually was first to be subbed or dropped. The facts are he failed in the positions he was bought for in Central defence and right back that they moulded him into a defensive midfielder which perhaps was best for him. The one thing I did praise him for was that he was a great athlete.

The facts still stand that they didnt offer even a lesser wage offer to keep him as Id heard he was on daft money and they went and signed Danny Wilson and are seeking Kris Boyd, which hardly points at them scrimping on players they want

He's not even a Rangers fan. He supports the Jambos.

Was quoted throughout his time with us as a big Rangers fan and Im sure a few players at functions pointed to that also when it seemed he might leave and he would love to go to Rangers.....

Hearts/ Rangers.....its a diluted version with similar debt issues I suppose..... :P

Getting in the Scotland squad now for a friendly isnt exactly an amazing thing at the moment, christ Gordon Greer is called up for a world cup qualifier game....

He was never really a first pick at Hearts 54 league starts in 3 seasons and he usually was first to be subbed or dropped. The facts are he failed in the positions he was bought for in Central defence and right back that they moulded him into a defensive midfielder which perhaps was best for him. The one thing I did praise him for was that he was a great athlete.

The facts still stand that they didnt offer even a lesser wage offer to keep him as Id heard he was on daft money and they went and signed Danny Wilson and are seeking Kris Boyd, which hardly points at them scrimping on players they want

Was quoted throughout his time with us as a big Rangers fan and Im sure a few players at functions pointed to that also when it seemed he might leave and he would love to go to Rangers.....

Hearts/ Rangers.....its a diluted version with similar debt issues I suppose..... :P

Fair enough mate. I asked a current player who was an U-19 when he wore navy blue who believed he was a Jambo. As you say, very similar.

I don't see the big seethe from our fans. It's the best gig he's going to get without travelling south of the border.

Fair enough mate. I asked a current player who was an U-19 when he wore navy blue who believed he was a Jambo. As you say, very similar.

I don't see the big seethe from our fans. It's the best gig he's going to get without travelling south of the border.

Exactly, he has been away 3yr, never tarnished the club, decent bloke to speak to and altho I dont hold him in the regard that some do as to his level, he was a model pro, always gave 100%. I also had more respect when he came out in the January and came clean he was moving to Hearts in his last season. I personally thot his performance levels even picked up during that period.

I think he will do well and maybe boost his career and his bank balance and if its his club, then like any of us, we wouldve loved to have played for our club, tho at Brockville for me.... :P ....

Good luck to him, apart from when he is against us......