The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't know how many we've sold, but I am guessing somewhere around 2,500..........maybe more, but it certainly isn't on the back of signings.In terms of numbers, it will be a fraction of the big three, and probably double and triple most of the others in the league. It will be a combination of wishing Housty well, and the 10% to 50% increase the smaller clubs are seeing because they get to see Sevco, Hearts and Hibs. On the build up of a new squad for a new season, I don't think we could me more low key if we tried....but it is early days yet.

I think you're right, but would we really sell more season tickets if we had more high profile signings? Maybe it's just me but what names would suddenly get people into the ticket office?

The Roker Rovers are doing a pre season mini tour of Scotland this weekend starting with your match v Rotherham on Friday night. We are a small group of Sunderland season ticket holders who enjoy the occasional trip north of the border with the ultimate aim of visiting all the 42 senior grounds in Scotland. We have had some great days up there over the past few seasons.

This weekends jaunt will see three of us visit your place on the Friday followed by trips to St Johnstone on the Saturday and Stirling Albion on the Sunday. We normally wear our Sunderland colours which might seem a bit odd, but we have found this to be a good way of meeting people as they tend to come up and ask why the hell we have turned up at the game wearing the colours of a team that's not even playing and its becoming a theme now, so if you see us come and introduce yourself.

I have done a little bit of research re Falkirk and I know there are not many pubs near the ground (the pubs are a major attraction to us, and in fact could be the main purpose of the visit). As two of us are working till mid afternoon our arrival at Falkirk could be as late as 6pm and our hotel is on the M9 junction a mile or so from the ground. Where should we go for a pre match pint? Is there a bar at the ground that will let all comers in or are we better off getting a taxi into town pre game? Will we have an issue getting served in Falkirk town centre on a Friday night wearing red and white striped shirts?

Any info gratefully accepted.

I think you're right, but would we really sell more season tickets if we had more high profile signings? Maybe it's just me but what names would suddenly get people into the ticket office?

Jamie MacDonald was a pretty big signing, I thought.

A 25 year old Simon Stainrod, Russell Latapy and Crunchie would make me buy 10 STs

The Roker Rovers are doing a pre season mini tour of Scotland this weekend starting with your match v Rotherham on Friday night. We are a small group of Sunderland season ticket holders who enjoy the occasional trip north of the border with the ultimate aim of visiting all the 42 senior grounds in Scotland. We have had some great days up there over the past few seasons.

This weekends jaunt will see three of us visit your place on the Friday followed by trips to St Johnstone on the Saturday and Stirling Albion on the Sunday. We normally wear our Sunderland colours which might seem a bit odd, but we have found this to be a good way of meeting people as they tend to come up and ask why the hell we have turned up at the game wearing the colours of a team that's not even playing and its becoming a theme now, so if you see us come and introduce yourself.

I have done a little bit of research re Falkirk and I know there are not many pubs near the ground (the pubs are a major attraction to us, and in fact could be the main purpose of the visit). As two of us are working till mid afternoon our arrival at Falkirk could be as late as 6pm and our hotel is on the M9 junction a mile or so from the ground. Where should we go for a pre match pint? Is there a bar at the ground that will let all comers in or are we better off getting a taxi into town pre game? Will we have an issue getting served in Falkirk town centre on a Friday night wearing red and white striped shirts?

Firstly welcome to Falkirk.

Their is a bar in the west stand but I'm not sure if it's open for this. Phone the club on 01324 624121 to ask.

Personally I'd head to BTW or the Graeme hotel pre match if you want to mingle with the fans.

After the game I'd imagine most pubs will be fine for the footy colours.

It's nowhere near payday so I expect the pubs will be almost desperate for customers.

Hope you guys have a good night.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Jamie MacDonald was a pretty big signing, I thought.

I obviously can't speak for any Falkirk fans, but Jamie MacDonald is probably the most "box office" signing that anybody in this league has made so far this summer. As a first major signing, if that's not motivating lapsed fans to go and pick up a season ticket, I can't think of anyone, realistically, who would.

You protesting at something or just skint?

Had paid outright last few years but decided to do the finance option this season. Then found out as stuff came through the door that they had stopped it.

Contacted the club to see what they could do (twice) as first time they never got back to me.

Still waiting.

So will just pick and choose what games I go to.

Had paid outright last few years but decided to do the finance option this season. Then found out as stuff came through the door that they had stopped it.

Contacted the club to see what they could do (twice) as first time they never got back to me.

Still waiting.

The finance option is still available but not through Zebra.

Still waiting.

Email Kierank@falkirkfc.co.uk he got my mate sorted out with the very thing your after.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Enjoy your weekend.

Re Friday night, only the West Stand (Main) is open so you'll have no problem mingling. Don't imagine there will be any more than 1,500 there but could be wrong.

Pubs wise as Gaz says there is a pub at the stadium which may be open otherwise a taxi to town in only 10 mins max.

Your hotel is just across the road from a brewers Fayre which you'll get food and beer at too.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril