The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

How silly you appear, even to the Falkirk fans, most of whom are sensible chaps.If you want to point out that Falkirk are bigger and more successful than Queens, please feel free. You won't get an argument from me - just incredulity that you feel the need to state the blindingly obvious.However, if you wish to call Queens a seaside league team or claim we've shone for two to three years, then you'll get challenged, because it's shit.

Well you have only shone for 2 or 3 years. You reached a cup final, won a seaside league and lost a play off to us last year. When else have you shone?

The Scottish cup draw? Really? By luck of the draw a lot of SPL teams played each other in previous rounds and are out. That has no bearing on the state of Scottish Football. Thats one of the funniest things I've ever read.

So the holy grail of the SPL should've resulted Kilmarnock beating Rangers like Raith easily did. St Johnstone cup holders beating QOS, then the unpredictability of it with a form team like Hamilton getting put out from Partick team that can't win two league games in a row. Aberdeen also got beat of an Dundee team that can stay unbeaten for 5 then lose 5 in a row.

The SPL is a league where more than 50% start a season where relegation is a possibility, the rest other than Celtic are there to make up the numbers. Celtic also have as good as bought the upcoming league cup and Scottish cup by buying two players. The step up is sounding so good, I may achieve all my footballing dreams.....if a bigger bank balance was my main aim.

Hemmings I'm sure had the bottom feeding SPL interest and not to sure how much of an interest we had, but he choose wisely and went I think a league one English team, which is a step up

So the holy grail of the SPL should've resulted Kilmarnock beating Rangers like Raith easily did. St Johnstone cup holders beating QOS, then the unpredictability of it with a form team like Hamilton getting put out from Partick team that can't win two league games in a row. Aberdeen also got beat of an Dundee team that can stay unbeaten for 5 then lose 5 in a row.

The SPL is a league where more than 50% start a season where relegation is a possibility, the rest other than Celtic are there to make up the numbers. Celtic also have as good as bought the upcoming league cup and Scottish cup by buying two players. The step up is sounding so good, I may achieve all my footballing dreams.....if a bigger bank balance was my main aim.

Hemmings I'm sure had the bottom feeding SPL interest and not to sure how much of an interest we had, but he choose wisely and went I think a league one English team, which is a step up

I'm sure Greg Stewart is sitting with a bottle staring at his SPL player of the month award having a breakdown and dreaming of what could have been.

I'm sure Rory Loy is also sniggering like f**k that Falkirk had been in for Greg a few times but couldn't tempt him. i can imagine him laughing that Dundee don't win as many games as Falkirk which makes him a far better prospect than someone doing the business at a higher level.

Cup games don't guage anything. Morton beat Celtic last season FFS. In your promised land of green and pleasant didn't the top of the premier get humped at home recently in the cup to a team 2 divisions below them?

You are having a real nightmare here mate.

Yes, some top flight clubs have been toppled by second tier sides this year.

The fact is however that the draw literally ensured that half of the country's top fourteen clubs would be eliminated by Christmas. That's the main reason why this season's quarter final line up features fewer top flight sides.

Well you have only shone for 2 or 3 years. You reached a cup final, won a seaside league and lost a play off to us last year. When else have you shone?

What, are you now selecting two or three isolated years, rather than implying a spell of consecutive years?

God, this is desperate stuff.

I don't think we've particularly shone or been in lights at any stage in living memory, although our Cup run seven years ago obviously raised our profile.

Your difficulty however is that you claimed we were a seaside league club who'd only been otherwise for two or three years. It's such rubbish that other Falkirk fans wish to chat among themselves when you come on.

You're just talking absolute rubbish mate and should stop it.

I can assure you that I'm absolutely aware of Queens' stature, both currently and in more historic terms. I feel absolutely no need or desire to bang a drum on the subject in relation to Falkirk, an altogether stronger outfit, with consistently greater achievements and more potential.

It would look better for you though, if you just admitted to being wrong on the daft remarks you've made about the team I support.

I don't mind the marketing guys pushing hospitality or sponsorships etc. they are doing they're job and I'd be more annoyed if it was silent on that front.

Agree about the lack of football content but should that be up to the marketing guys? I don't think so.

There's 3/4 guys who do the ffctv and another 2/3 who do the programme, couldn't that content go on the website too? Or at least a diluted version?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I'm sure Greg Stewart is sitting with a bottle staring at his SPL player of the month award having a breakdown and dreaming of what could have been.

I'm sure Rory Loy is also sniggering like f**k that Falkirk had been in for Greg a few times but couldn't tempt him. i can imagine him laughing that Dundee don't win as many games as Falkirk which makes him a far better prospect than someone doing the business at a higher level.

You are having a real nightmare here mate.

Greg Stewart although I rated him was playing for Cowdenbeath,also as far as I remember quite injury prone. The ones fully in the know re his abillity and willing to take a chance were teams in the same league.

He has done well against the journey men and trash that is in the SPL, he has something to write home about because previously he was at Cowdenbeath, but in reality it means not much more than if he was doing similar at a full time championship side. You obviously rate the SPL quite highly but I understand, supporting a team that is more famous for stock car racing....perhaps the carbon monoxide or the restricted view you have at the stock car track is to blame

Greg Stewart although I rated him was playing for Cowdenbeath,also as far as I remember quite injury prone. The ones fully in the know re his abillity and willing to take a chance were teams in the same league.

He has done well against the journey men and trash that is in the SPL, he has something to write home about because previously he was at Cowdenbeath, but in reality it means not much more than if he was doing similar at a full time championship side. You obviously rate the SPL quite highly but I understand, supporting a team that is more famous for stock car racing....perhaps the carbon monoxide or the restricted view you have at the stock car track is to blame

You seem to truly believe that the SPL isn't a step up from the championship. You can slag Cowden all you want by the way. It doesn't detract from the fact that you clearly don't have the slightest clue about football.

Any player in their right mind would rather be at an SPL than Championship club. They get more money, better recognition and therefore more chance of moving to a better league if thats their ambition. You started this by saying players would be better off at Falkirk winning games instesd of playing in the SPL.

Any player will learn more by playing with and against SPL players who are in the main far better than Championship players.

You must be off your tits on that noxious smell from Grangemouth.

You seem to truly believe that the SPL isn't a step up from the championship. You can slag Cowden all you want by the way. It doesn't detract from the fact that you clearly don't have the slightest clue about football.

Any player in their right mind would rather be at an SPL than Championship club. They get more money, better recognition and therefore more chance of moving to a better league if thats their ambition. You started this by saying players would be better off at Falkirk winning games instesd of playing in the SPL.

Any player will learn more by playing with and against SPL players who are in the main far better than Championship players.

You must be off your tits on that noxious smell from Grangemouth.

Not sure that you can make that claim in this particular season.

Queens are a mid card second tier side, roughly 16-20th in Scotland. Falkirk are about 9-14th.

That's about right, I suppose, although we've had a good few finishes in the higher bracket recently and can hopefully do so again this season.

This discussion has little to do with comparing the standing of our two clubs though.

It's about challenging BPM's assertion that Queens are a seaside league club. His basis for it is that that's what he deems them to be.

That's about right, I suppose, although we've had a good few finishes in the higher bracket recently and can hopefully do so again this season. This discussion has little to do with comparing the standing of our two clubs though. It's about challenging BPM's assertion that Queens are a seaside league club. His basis for it is that that's what he deems them to be.

My first game was in 1996, since then you've been a consistent First Division/Championship side. That's the best bit of 20 years. Dumfries is a fairly big town and the support you have is fine. Similar level to Ayr or Morton IMO, if you were relegated you'd be one of the bigger clubs in that league.

My first game was in 1996, since then you've been a consistent First Division/Championship side. That's the best bit of 20 years. Dumfries is a fairly big town and the support you have is fine. Similar level to Ayr or Morton IMO, if you were relegated you'd be one of the bigger clubs in that league.

It's been for a bit less than 20 years, but essentially, you're right.

We were indeed a big club in terms of the division below when we visited a couple of years back. The reality is though that we'd spent much of time from the seventies to the nineties perfectly at home (and indeed struggling at times) in such reduced circumstances. This is presumably what BPM wishes to hark back to. It's not a particularly current or relevant picture though.

Anyway, sorry for banging on about Queens, but he needed correcting.

I believe you people prefer discussing some other outfit on here so please, do carry on.

:lol: what a total banger.

That's about right, I suppose, although we've had a good few finishes in the higher bracket recently and can hopefully do so again this season. This discussion has little to do with comparing the standing of our two clubs though. It's about challenging BPM's assertion that Queens are a seaside league club. His basis for it is that that's what he deems them to be.

We haven't finished higher than 16th in Scotland in at least 30 years, probably longer. We've finished in 16th (4th in the second tier) three or four times (Iain Scott did it, Brannigan did it twice I think, once in the season he took over from Chisholm in March and the one he had to himself, though that one was slightly false in that had Dundee not been docked 25 points we'd have been 5th. McIntyre of course did it last season and we currently sit there again.

His 16th to 20th is about right in terms of our overall standing in the Scottish game roughly. Falkirk's 9th to 14th is probably about right too to be fair,

We haven't finished higher than 16th in Scotland in at least 30 years, probably longer. We've finished in 16th (4th in the second tier) three or four times (Iain Scott did it, Brannigan did it twice I think, once in the season he took over from Chisholm in March and the one he had to himself, though that one was slightly false in that had Dundee not been docked 25 points we'd have been 5th. McIntyre of course did it last season and we currently sit there again.

His 16th to 20th is about right in terms of our overall standing in the Scottish game roughly. Falkirk's 9th to 14th is probably about right too to be fair,

Yes, that's true. I had in my head that our 4th place finishes placed us at 14th, but of course they don't.

We can all agree that Marshmallo is about right, that BPM is full of pish and that I should piss off from this thread for a bit then.