The Falkirk FC Thread

If MacDonald does leave ( which i think he will) i would like to see him replaced with Darren Jamieson from Livi.

He's a half decent shot stopper playing in a shi*e team but his kicking is horrific, even worse than MacDonalds. Countless times on Wednesday night he was clearing back passes straight to us.

He's a half decent shot stopper playing in a shi*e team but his kicking is horrific, even worse than MacDonalds. Countless times on Wednesday night he was clearing back passes straight to us.

Still, he commands his box well ( unlike MacDoanld)

His pros outweigh his cons, im a big fan of his.

Guest Back Post Misses

I hope he goes..... I dont rate him for crossed balls and his kicking and use of the ball is awful

The current table doesnt stand to your logic, I dont think there is a team in their correct place due to resources.

The SPL table will have a similar look outside the top 2 and do I have to remind you Hearts and Hibs got relegated last season

As for the bed wetters, ok it was grim at points over the season mainly the start and now over the last few weeks but I feel Houstie has gave enough in relation to that he was manager later on, didnt know the division, didnt know the players and had to get players in. The starting 11 from the last game of the season v Hamilton, we have only 5 players from that losing Kingsley, McGrandles, McGovern, Millar and I suppose I should mention Flynn and Beck. Replacing the first four is a task alone and some Falkirk fans were looking for like for like replacements for them.....like that was going to happen.....

That being said, the signings for next season will have to be better, questions seriously asked over Morgan Taylor, we had him on trial for a period and still signed him on loan and OTJ as we have a former Hibs employee as asst manager who mustve seen OTJ and what he was capable of. Taiwo, Kerr and Baird Im happy with, Cooper and Smith can still prove me wrong, I hope tho doubt the latter. The signings need to be better as OTJ and Morgan Taylor are the worst signings for a hell of a long time.

We have ran out of steam and options in the attack area is my analysis of it all, its annoying that most teams have more options than us in that dept and that is what Houstie has to get correct for next season, if he doesnt then the current bed wetters will need a bigger bed

Worst signings in a long time? There is loads of competition in the last 5 or 6 years. I will give you Enoch, Chris Smith, Chalmers, Perry, Marr, the winger Pressley signed and disappeared after three months.........Short memories all round

Worst signings in a long time? There is loads of competition in the last 5 or 6 years. I will give you Enoch, Chris Smith, Chalmers, Perry, Marr, the winger Pressley signed and disappeared after three months.........Short memories all round

Willie Gibson?

To your list ill add - Ian Flannigan, Jordan White, Mehdi Khalis, Andy Haworth, Sean Higgins and David Weatherston.

I'd rate all of them above Morgan and OTJ.

They at least had shown they could play well. Morgan's contribution is a shove on Tuesday and ran about a lot v Hibs. OTJ and Morgan have been Brendan McIntyre-esque

Guest Back Post Misses

Willie Gibson?

To your list ill add - Ian Flannigan, Jordan White, Mehdi Khalis, Andy Haworth, Sean Higgins and David Weatherston.

Andy Haworth was the winger I couldn't remember

Guest Back Post Misses

I'd rate all of them above Morgan and OTJ.

They at least had shown they could play well. Morgan's contribution is a shove on Tuesday and ran about a lot v Hibs. OTJ and Morgan have been Brendan McIntyre-esque

OTJ played two games and got injured so it was impossible to tell how good or bad he was as a player.

The point I was making is that we have signed duds for years - and every year. And we will next season and the seasons after Houston is not the manager.

OTJ played two games and got injured so it was impossible to tell how good or bad he was as a player.

The point I was making is that we have signed duds for years - and every year. And we will next season and the seasons after Houston is not the manager.

OTJ played 5 games for us, trying to make a case for him in a positive way in those games is in a similar fashion to Morgan, there isnt one

Im now thinking on Ally Graham as being in the same class as the above two as worst signing since in my opinion.....Tho only Jordan runs them close in the above mentioned....but he was a step above Ally Graham.

Smiths had his day in the sun v Cowdenbeath and varying sub impacts, Cooper has had impact moments and started off not too badly, the point being they have had some impact, something that cant be put towards OTJ or Morgan

Since relegation we have had some real stinkers, as BPM said this season is not unique in that some players just don't work out.

Some of my personal lowlights;

2010/11

Mehdi Khalis

Jason Marr

Ross Perry

2011/12

Willie Gibson

Jordan White

2012/13

Iain Flannigan

Johnny Flynn

Andy Haworth

Sean Higgins

Chris Smith

2013/14

Rakish Bingham

Joe Chalmers

Olu Durojaiye

Phil Roberts

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

No way Weatherston should be on that list, his fitness wasn't great but he was an excellent player. He tracked back, put tackles in, went forward with purpose, tried like a bear when he was on the park, I was gutted he never got a new contract. Plus the goals against livi at home to make it 4-3 after falkirk had been 3-0 up and the last minute winner against dunfermline.

Flynn was nowhere as bad as some made out. He was probably one of our best players towards the end of last season.

That's why I didn't mention him about last season, I thought he was much improved.

His first season was horrific however.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril