The Falkirk FC Thread

Well done to the club for announcing the fantastic profits made last season. I appreciate that transfer fees, cup run etc. is a large portion of that but the point is the club is running extremely well just now.

That may make some people sad I know and some who will still criticise but this is good news for the club moving forward

Stadium completion was confirmed at last nights AGM.

By all accounts it will be a stand, offices, hospitality suites and various facilities for the team and community teams. I believe the community side is funding a good percentage through grants.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Stadium completion was confirmed at last nights AGM.

By all accounts it will be a stand, offices, hospitality suites and various facilities for the team and community teams. I believe the community side is funding a good percentage through grants.

Any timescales given?

Please tell me this is a wind up? We only fill about a 3rd of the existing capacity unless we give half the ground to the city teams. Please tell me how more empty seats will do us any good? It shouldn't even be considered until we're regularly getting 6000 + home fans and that will only happen when we're doing well in the top division playing nice football.

Please tell me this is a wind up? We only fill about a 3rd of the existing capacity unless we give half the ground to the city teams. Please tell me how more empty seats will do us any good? It shouldn't even be considered until we're regularly getting 6000 + home fans and that will only happen when we're doing well in the top division playing nice football.

To be honest, I'm in the "the stadium needs finished" camp. That open side is an eyesore. At least it's going to be more than just seats and sounds like it'll serve the team, fans and community.

Re capacity versus crowds, we have a stadium that's too big (main stand anyway) and we'll never have 6000+ home fans (other than one off games, we didn't even get that at Brockville). At our peak a few years ago in the SPL we averaged about 4500 home fans, that's probably our whack.

My only hope is the new stand has no more than 2000/2500 seats and is close to the pitch.

Edited by RC55 FFC

f**k that , no point in putting capacity there just for the sake of it, we've got to put the best time on the park for the money we've got, if we're going to spunk it on a useless vanity project then I'm finished, I thought people had learned from such mistakes made at clubs you mentioned, after all we've been through in the last few seasons we now want to waste what money we've got on a fuckin white elephant? Build the fence up to the height of the stand roof if need be and paint some murals or even just get one of those canvases of the Brooklyn bridge or something? This is a joke. If you put terracing there my guess is the south stand would almost empty into it .

Ahhh the 4th stand. A great way to start an argument with all Falkirk fans.

We don't need it. Everyone knows this.

With the next sentence someone tells you the ground is soulless and lacks atmosphere.

The ground needs to be completed so people can enjoy visiting the ground without freezing their tits off and maybe keep some noise in the place.

4 corner pods and East stand will maybe see people who reckon we use to have an atmosphere at Brockville when we played Morton, QOS, Dumbarton etc shut the f**k up about it.

I hope that any structure proposed for the East side will merge onto the North and South stands so we aren't left with 2 more gaping open corners.

I'm to tired to give this serious thought at the moment and I don't really have enough info on what's being proposed. I'd like to see the stadium 'finished' but I'd also like to see us stay solvent - I also acknowledge that the stadium is already to big.

Just think if they ran an exact copy of the Brockville enclosure down that side of the pitch though - complete with the gable end of a house :P - I guess even the away fans would like that!? We could move Falkirk telly into the middle of it and get Jock Brown to open it by means of a 'Falkirk on the rampage' style commentary.

Is the old enclosure roof still at Ochilview?

Even with the positives mentioned it is still a waste of money, get things right on the park and maybe we could get closer to filling the existing capacity, there will never be an atmosphere at TFS not unless its a sell out for us winning the league, its just to big and open and we are the most dour and miserable fans about ! nothing about this is good. When we're playing alloa or Dumbarton or even ross county or Hamilton or whoever, do we end up closing one end behind the goals just to keep that open?

Nah we've got enough empty seats as it is.

They should use cash to reduce capacity elsewhere in the stadium and spread out capacity more evenly round the pitch - safe standing may be more expensive but fans want it.

The reduction in seats should allow for more office or leisure space that will increase footfall on non match days.

(The above points were previously suggested by my mate to the club a couple of years ago - seems very sensible to me)

I'd like to see the stadium 'finished' but I'd also like to see us stay solvent - I also acknowledge that the stadium is already to big.

This is pretty much my view on it. We do need that area filled in, but we don't actually need more seats. I've always thought something similar to the 'small' stand at EEP (with some terracing) would be perfect. Albeit, with a smaller capacity. Closes the ground off somewhat, but doesn't take us too far beyond what we are at now. Again though, we don't really need it.

EEP1.JPG