The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

The missus family are full of really bitter Celtic fans who can't seem to understand that I take great pleasure in seeing them or their blue cousins get beat. 

'ye must like one or the other' 

A bit like being asked what is your favourite cancer.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember that lot - were not liked in particular when they started the sectarian nonsense and got well telt for it. Used to hang about the Big Bar in Bainsford.

A right blue nosed pub that was. Got grief when i dared walk in with a green t-shirt on. Tubes

FWIW - I missed the Clydebank game cause I was away at sea with the Navy, we had to wait until the wee small hours for the scores to be pinned up on a noticeboard and the wait was un-fucking-bearable - hardly ate a thing!

Happy days indeed

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

At the risk of being downvoted into oblivion, I'll add a little bit to this discussion - my whole family are Rangers supporters. I at one time counted myself amongst them. Went to loads of games, bought all the shirts, sang the songs etc. Slowly over time though, I started to question what it actually meant following that team. I started properly researching about the songs, politics etc of it all and realised that I was not only against all of that nonsense, but STRONGLY against it, to the point where I could no longer go to Ibrox and tolerate hearing people singing songs about being up to their knees in F (not gonna say the actual word) blood. My mrs' family are Catholic and I can't stomach that shite. So aye, I decided I'd go all in with Falkirk and have been a season ticket holder ever since. 

Big team found.

Only joking. Nice to hear a tale of someone managing to escape the swamp. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

At the risk of being downvoted into oblivion, I'll add a little bit to this discussion - my whole family are Rangers supporters. I at one time counted myself amongst them. Went to loads of games, bought all the shirts, sang the songs etc. Slowly over time though, I started to question what it actually meant following that team. I started properly researching about the songs, politics etc of it all and realised that I was not only against all of that nonsense, but STRONGLY against it, to the point where I could no longer go to Ibrox and tolerate hearing people singing songs about being up to their knees in F (not gonna say the actual word) blood. My mrs' family are Catholic and I can't stomach that shite. So aye, I decided I'd go all in with Falkirk and have been a season ticket holder ever since. 

Last time I mention this but come on @Rennieball, are you made of stone? That’s a great story!

10 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Big team found.

Only joking. Nice to hear a tale of someone managing to escape the swamp. 👍🏻

A lot of people are almost indoctrinated from a young age into believing all that pish. Supporting either side of the OF can absolutely feel like a cult at times. I'll never forget - I was planning a trip to Dublin with my Mrs and I remembered looking at pictures of the city on Google and seeing the Irish tricolour and my immediate reaction was irritation. Imagine Irish folk flying their own flag in their own country! Just one of the many seeds that made me step back and think hold on a minute.

My Mrs never attended a single Rangers match but she's more than happy to come and watch the navy blue because, in her words - "supporting Falkirk doesn't involve hatred of anybody" (Fifers excluded of course 🤣).

I might not ever see Falkirk win a major trophy the rest of my life but that's not what's important and it's what OF fans don't understand. Celtic supporters are threatening a full on revolt and their team are TWO POINTS off top of the league ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

A lot of people are almost indoctrinated from a young age into believing all that pish. Supporting either side of the OF can absolutely feel like a cult at times. I'll never forget - I was planning a trip to Dublin with my Mrs and I remembered looking at pictures of the city on Google and seeing the Irish tricolour and my immediate reaction was irritation. Imagine Irish folk flying their own flag in their own country! Just one of the many seeds that made me step back and think hold on a minute.

My Mrs never attended a single Rangers match but she's more than happy to come and watch the navy blue because, in her words - "supporting Falkirk doesn't involve hatred of anybody" (Fifers excluded of course 🤣).

I might not ever see Falkirk win a major trophy the rest of my life but that's not what's important and it's what OF fans don't understand. Celtic supporters are threatening a full on revolt and their team are TWO POINTS off top of the league ffs. 

I only ever slightly favoured Celtic in the 90’s when Rangers dominated and for some reason that stuck and I also wanted them to do well in Europe. Still, it’s always brought me contentment knowing that I wasn’t ever arsed about those two and all the guff that comes with it!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

🆕🎙️EP:73 HELLO DOON THERE

🔵 Review the BIG wins over Montrose (3-0) & Kelty Hearts (0-1)🔝
⚪️ Meet the @FalkirkFC Commercial Team PLUS Competition news 💷
🔵 Falkirk Daft LIVE: End of season Party with @BTWFalkirk 🎤 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7865.thumb.jpeg.c90620197834133ffbd754c48860da73.jpeg

50 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Came across this in my archive, must be coming on 20 years ago I took it. Don`t know if it`s relevant to anyone on here?

team pic2.jpg

I think I recognise 2 of them. One of them lives nearby, next time I see him check if it's home and get the context. I played in a couple of 11 a side matches at TFS back when it was a grass/sand by hybrid pitch. Its probably been just a hire or a charity thing maybe?

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think I recognise 2 of them. One of them lives nearby, next time I see him check if it's home and get the context. I played in a couple of 11 a side matches at TFS back when it was a grass/sand by hybrid pitch. Its probably been just a hire or a charity thing maybe?

I think from memory it was a charity match... this is the opposition and I know there`s at least one guy on here regularly.😉

team pic4.jpg

54 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I think from memory it was a charity match... this is the opposition and I know there`s at least one guy on here regularly.😉

team pic4.jpg

Yes the other team paid to play against a team of staff and legends. I was one of the legends,  Baptie was one of the staff. 🤣

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️EP:73 HELLO DOON THERE

🔵 Review the BIG wins over Montrose (3-0) & Kelty Hearts (0-1)🔝
⚪️ Meet the @FalkirkFC Commercial Team PLUS Competition news 💷
🔵 Falkirk Daft LIVE: End of season Party with @BTWFalkirk 🎤 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7865.thumb.jpeg.c90620197834133ffbd754c48860da73.jpeg

Update - Our end of season party/Live podcast sold out earlier today 👏🏻