The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm a bit unclear as I've never really followed the activities of the foundation beyond what occasionally appears on social media. Can someone summarise what exactly has happened? Has the foundation been taken over by a new CEO or has this been a progressive change in priority? I don't know how one can say football is not the priority when it seems its the major income that facilitates the (excellent) charity initiatives.

Providing no support at all for the women's development team and allowing them to pull out by not providing any funding source is abhorrent. The cost of keeping them afloat at the very least until seasons end cannot be that expensive if they somehow have enough to send people on trips away. How has this been allowed? Did those in charge make no attempt? Was the club asked for support?? What has happened? 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I'm a bit unclear as I've never really followed the activities of the foundation beyond what occasionally appears on social media. Can someone summarise what exactly has happened? Has the foundation been taken over by a new CEO or has this been a progressive change in priority? I don't know how one can say football is not the priority when it seems its the major income that facilitates the (excellent) charity initiatives.

Providing no support at all for the women's development team and allowing them to pull out by not providing any funding source is abhorrent. The cost of keeping them afloat at the very least until seasons end cannot be that expensive if they somehow have enough to send people on trips away. How has this been allowed? Did those in charge make no attempt? Was the club asked for support?? What has happened? 

if you look at the foundation board it's a teacher, 2 accountants, 2 in healthcare, 1 in what looks like PR and a professional board member of unknown experience,  where's the sport or football knowledge? where's the business leadership experience? who needs 2 accountants ffs?  

4 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

if you look at the foundation board it's a teacher, 2 accountants, 2 in healthcare, 1 in what looks like PR and a professional board member of unknown experience,  where's the sport or football knowledge? where's the business leadership experience? who needs 2 accountants ffs?  

It’s completely ridiculous the club have no representation on that board whatsoever yet it’s marketed at kids looking to play football as the “Falkirk Foundation” using the club badge and football strips. That in itself needs to change. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, GunnerBairn said:

Looks like we’re cruising to the title. And it’s coming sooner than we think! My money’s on Edinburgh at home. Championees!

I was just going to be coming through to Falkirk for the match then heading home, but I'll be booking a hotel at this rate as there may be a party that night!

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I want it at home cause the place would be bouncing and we'd make £££. Win win.

It could be bouncing at the first home game after anyway, kinda like a homecoming 👏🏻 💰💵

The last game vs Alloa, would the club consider splitting the North Stand, to allow more Falkirk fans in to maximise the crowd.

Edited by GunnerBairn

6 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

It could be bouncing at the first home game after anyway, kinda like a homecoming 👏🏻 💰💵

The last game vs Alloa, would the club consider splitting the North Stand, to allow more Falkirk fans in to maximise the crowd.

I'm sure every avenue will be looked at to get the biggest attendance possible.