The Falkirk FC Thread

That felt tense until we scored, and then the drive home. Only to find the bridge to Edinburgh closed and a long detour via Kincardine - only to find the bloody M9 closed too. Then much of the Edinburgh bypass down to single line traffic.  Added 90 mins on my trip home. And all the food outlets closed as I passed them having missed out dinner. Oh well worth it. COYB. 

Edited by Roboccop

49 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Great day/night away and some fantastic hospitality with exiled bairns. Thought we controlled the game with ease, special mention to Mackie, Henderson & Tait. Miller was different class for his twenty odd minutes. Keeper never troubled and Cove look miles away from the team a couple of seasons back. As with many, not that keen on this “rotation thing” but Cove never threatened. Going to be a difficult POTY, with so many candidates, but Henderson & Miller maybe worthy of top billing. 

You have to remember we will be playing 3 games in a week on different surfaces with a 5 hour round trip travel at the sage time all near the end of a long hard season where players will be playing through injuries. Happy to let McGlynn manage his squad as he knows a hell of a lot better than us. 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Sean Mackie, I thought he might be for the off at the end of the season but I’m changing my mind. His physicality could be an asset in a championship squad.

Not for me, he had that honker of a header back to Long last night and I actually felt he was lucky to stay on the park after his tackle on Burrell as it looked high.

Excellent little through ball for the goal but we need better competition in the championship.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not for me, he had that honker of a header back to Long last night and I actually felt he was lucky to stay on the park after his tackle on Burrell as it looked high.

Excellent little through ball for the goal but we need better competition in the championship.

It’s obvious with so little game time, there’s a mistake going to happen, as with the header. However thought he played well. On the fence with extending contract as he’s up against mr reliable who’s made LB his own. He can also play LCB which may temp McGlynn to offer some type of deal. Guessing there’s a lot of discussions behind closed doors with potential targets and existing players. At the end of the day I wouldn’t lose too much sleep if he’s released.

54 minutes ago, BPM said:

You have to remember we will be playing 3 games in a week on different surfaces

This season must be the most homogenous ever in terms of playing surfaces.

9 out of 10 sides have AstroTurf this season and at least 6 out of your last 7 have been played on the Greenfields mx surface we all use (can't find the Annan's pitch manufacturer)

Left backs not really a position I'm too concerned about going into next season, right back however is somewhere I'd like to see us improve on. A new starter and a bench player. Yeats to move into fighting for a midfield position, that is if he's signed back up. 

11 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Will be so strange to sit in the KM7 and see the north stand regularly filled with a decent amount of away fans. I cannot wait, that’s if we win the league 😁

Don't worry the livi games will take you back.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Sean Mackie, I thought he might be for the off at the end of the season but I’m changing my mind. His physicality could be an asset in a championship squad.

I rate him. He’s only clocked about 243 minutes of game time in the league so far this season, recently starting 2 games and clocking 2 important assists, which is good going for someone who’ll not be 100% match fit. He’s made a few wee errors in recent starts, but he’s been absolutely solid.

He’ll more than likely want a move for next year though.

Edited by Bairns1994

Jeez, I was having my breakfast and catching up on the posts on here since last night.  I nearly spat out my cornflakes scrolling down on my pc when a massive screen filling close up photo of the greasy f****r appeared.   Please be careful what you post on here, I nearly pebble dashed my monitor.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

44 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

This season must be the most homogenous ever in terms of playing surfaces.

9 out of 10 sides have AstroTurf this season and at least 6 out of your last 7 have been played on the Greenfields mx surface we all use (can't find the Annan's pitch manufacturer)

Falkirk’s is brand new, Cove has been down for a few years so even if the manufacturer is the same the condition won’t be the same so in effect are different. The closest you will get to the “same” pitch in this league is us and QOS

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

It’s obvious with so little game time, there’s a mistake going to happen, as with the header. However thought he played well. 

1 hour ago, Bairns1994 said:

I rate him. He’s only clocked about 243 minutes of game time in the league so far this season, recently starting 2 games and clocking 2 important assists, which is good going for someone who’ll not be 100% match fit. He’s made a few wee errors in recent starts, but he’s been absolutely solid.

Apologies for bringing the keepers up again on a great morning.

Mackie is prone to errors, I’m surprised he hasn’t been sent off. Yet it seems to be a different view if it’s an outfield player rather than a keeper with a mistake, that it’s down to game time that’s caused it (he’s played 11 times this season), yet each gkpr has been rotated.

Both keepers have had a brilliant season yet get the brunt of frustration if we haven’t won.

Each on 0.6 goals against in the league, which is some going for a defence as a whole.

Outperforming the fifers of last season and even Peps stats.

Now dreading the repost if either screws this up.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

An assist for Keelan Adams in a 3-0 win over Threave Rovers.

2 goals for Rhys Walker at the weekend in a 6-1 win over Pumpherston. 

Man of the match performance for Logan Sinclair in a 4-4 draw with Glenrothes.

Hayward, Burke and Honeyman don't look to have played over the weekend.

I must admit I thought the ref was going for a red card for Mackie's challenge on Burrell and probably couldn't have had any complaints if he did. 

12 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Apologies for bringing the keepers up again on a great morning.

Mackie is prone to errors, I’m surprised he hasn’t been sent off, yet it seems to be a different view if it’s an outfield player rather than a keeper with a mistake, it’s down to game time (he’s played 11 times this season). 

Both keepers have had a brilliant season yet get the brunt of frustration if we haven’t won.

Both on 0.6 goals against in the league, which is some going for a defence as a whole.

Outperforming the fifers of last season and  even Peps stats.

Now dreading the repost if either screws this up.

Aye I don’t agree with the negativity around the keepers. I’ve said this on a previous post; keepers sometimes peak well into their 30s and we’ve got 2 very young keepers. it’s only natural they’ll make mistakes. However, I think it’s the nature of the position unfortunately, one small error can cost a goal and change the game.