The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

This season must be the most homogenous ever in terms of playing surfaces.

9 out of 10 sides have AstroTurf this season and at least 6 out of your last 7 have been played on the Greenfields mx surface we all use (can't find the Annan's pitch manufacturer)

It was noticeable that Cove’s pitch seemed pretty hard compared to others. Ball bouncing bigger than expected. The pitch seemed quite bare and the ball didn’t seem to slow on it.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

This season must be the most homogenous ever in terms of playing surfaces.

9 out of 10 sides have AstroTurf this season and at least 6 out of your last 7 have been played on the Greenfields mx surface we all use (can't find the Annan's pitch manufacturer)

We're playing on grass on Saturday, so will be playing on different surfaces in the space of a week. Which is what he said.

Not going to blame Mackie for the tackle, he had to do it or Burrell was through. Donaldson tried to win the header and lost it so was out of position. Henderson then tried to make the tackle and missed it. Maybe look at the two attempted efforts before it took Mackie to clean him out.

54 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Not going to blame Mackie for the tackle, he had to do it or Burrell was through. Donaldson tried to win the header and lost it so was out of position. Henderson then tried to make the tackle and missed it. Maybe look at the two attempted efforts before it took Mackie to clean him out.

He's maybe been forced into that given the circumstances but his rashness is my only reservation around him really.

We haven't seen him much since he signed, but he's got a tendency to dive in, something which is noticeable in this team as we normally are quite controlled out of possession.

As others have said I wouldn't necessarily mind him staying next year, but he's guaranteed to be second fiddle and he is good enough to start so will probably be off for the sake of his career. 

Might be another changed XI at Stirling if Morrison and Lang are out as was hinted at in the McGlynn interview. I will guess that Lang will miss out again and Morrison will be on the bench.

1 hour ago, Bairns1994 said:

Aye I don’t agree with the negativity around the keepers. I’ve said this on a previous post; keepers sometimes peak well into their 30s and we’ve got 2 very young keepers. it’s only natural they’ll make mistakes. However, I think it’s the nature of the position unfortunately, one small error can cost a goal and change the game. 

The negativity is more centred on this crazy chopping and changing every month situation which gives neither young keeper a chance to settle in to the job.  If either had been given the gloves for a long extended period of time then I'm sure we'd have seen the best out of them .

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Left backs not really a position I'm too concerned about going into next season, right back however is somewhere I'd like to see us improve on. A new starter and a bench player. Yeats to move into fighting for a midfield position, that is if he's signed back up. 

Keelan Adams has already been signed, presumably to be the new bench player

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Just watched the highlights. We dodged a bullet there. Lawal was clearly NOT offside for the goal towards the end.

off side.jpg

Why was Lawal playing if he's on loan at Cove from us? Thought that wasn't allowed

4 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Just watched the highlights. We dodged a bullet there. Lawal was clearly NOT offside for the disallowed goal towards the end.

off side.jpg

Yeah, was just about to post the same. It’s not even close - Burrell a couple of yards onside,

Worryingly this came from another long throw into the area, followed by an up-and-under into the box. 
Hard to defend really.

Edited by HonestAl

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Just watched the highlights. We dodged a bullet there. Lawal was clearly NOT offside for the goal towards the end.

off side.jpg

Hard to tell.   They're all on the 18 yard line.  

9 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

Hard to tell.   They're all on the 18 yard line.  

You can clearly see Donaldson on the right of the photo is noticably nearer the goal than Burrell.  Anyway, don't matter now, we are due a few dodgy decisions our way

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

3 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

We dodged a bullet last night, Burrell was NOT offside for that disallowed goal. (when I posted this a couple of minutes ago I incorrectly labelled Burrell as Lawal, sorry)

off side.jpg

Burrell is onside there, the defender running back there (might be Coll idk) puts pretty much all of the cove players onside but any dodgy decision we get we should welcome with open arms

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Might be another changed XI at Stirling if Morrison and Lang are out as was hinted at in the McGlynn interview. I will guess that Lang will miss out again and Morrison will be on the bench.

I'd stick with Hendo at the back, Tait beside Spencer and Miller/Nesbitt/Ross if Morrison can't make it. No issue with Alfie instead of Ross though in that scenario. 

50 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

We dodged a bullet last night, Burrell was NOT offside for that disallowed goal. (when I posted this a couple of minutes ago I incorrectly labelled Burrell as Lawal, sorry)

off side.jpg

Although I haven't viewed the highlights yet, It's very hard to say from that photograph as the ball is well in the air rather than just leaving the player's foot. It's entirely possible that Burrell has taken a step forward from an offside position as the ball was being kicked.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

You can clearly see Donaldson on the right of the photo is noticably nearer the goal than Burrell.  Anyway, don't matter now, we are due a few dodgy decisions our way

Been photoshot in