The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Indirectly you've just put the goalkeeper chat from the other week in perspective 😶‍🌫️

Give me a ropey Sam Long or Nicky Hogarth over a fraud like Leo Fasan any day of the week and twice on Sunday's. This game sticks out as a particular nadir for him and Hartley IIRC 😬

Just watched the "highlights" of this game on Youtube to confirm that Fasan's performance was as bad as I remember and can confirm:

1. Yes it was

2. It contains absolutely zero Falkirk play from that day - we were absolutely abject - It's horrible 😱

3. Let us never speak of this again and submit a takedown notice on that video 🚫

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

There is a video on the go on youtube of Falkirk "skills and goals" from that season. It is absolutely fantastic viewing. PTSD for many of us though, especially me at the Connah's Quay game. Never had a heads gone like it in a' ma puff.

Airdrie away in the playoffs remains my biggest and most shameful heads gone at football. 

I completely and utterly lost my shit. Uncontrollable rage 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Indirectly you've just put the goalkeeper chat from the other week in perspective 😶‍🌫️

Give me a ropey Sam Long or Nicky Hogarth over a fraud like Leo Fasan any day of the week and twice on Sunday's. This game sticks out as a particular nadir for him and Hartley IIRC 😬

I seem to remember him winning a MOTM award in one game, saving us from an even bigger hiding? Or maybe I'm just making that up?

5 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

Just a question for you all but how was Rumarn Burrell when he was with you the guy has been very good with us but I'm assuming he wasn't that good with you?

Generally did a good job, I liked him and would probably have kept him. He certainly had an eye for goal (as you've discovered), however, he wouldn't have fitted in to McGlynn's system this season so was probably let go for that reason. I think he would have been a good option off the bench for us this season though if chasing a goal because his best performances for us tended to be as a substitute. 

Can I just check - does everyone else get the same advert on here all the time? I know I’m not a young man anymore but, since Tom Lang signed, I’ve not had any problems in “that” department. 

Clearly any talk of a rebuild is nonsense- we have the basis of a good side for next season. However, it will be a step up and we will require additional quality in a number of positions imo.

Long, McKay, McGinn and Lawal will be leaving. Personally I also wouldn’t be retaining Mackie, Oliver or Shanley and would look to move Allan on.

We will then need imo a GK, RB, CB, LB, CM (possibly Tait), no 10 and ST. I would consider offering Ross a deal but would want to see a lot more from him first.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets see how they cut it in a higher league over a season and I hope they are good enough. Have seen it far too often over the decades a winning team with top performers just don't cut it then its a scramble to put it right. 

There will be 5 new outfield players making a regular start plus a goalie.

Sorry wrong answer…… you need to be specific HSW 😎

20 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

Just a question for you all but how was Rumarn Burrell when he was with you the guy has been very good with us but I'm assuming he wasn't that good with you?

For me he seems a pea heart and the three times I have seen him this season has not changed my view. Rumours he was a moody so and so too. 

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Clearly any talk of a rebuild is nonsense- we have the basis of a good side for next season. However, it will be a step up and we will require additional quality in a number of positions imo.

Long, McKay, McGinn and Lawal will be leaving. Personally I also wouldn’t be retaining Mackie, Oliver or Shanley and would look to move Allan on.

We will then need imo a GK, RB, CB, LB, CM (possibly Tait), no 10 and ST. I would consider offering Ross a deal but would want to see a lot more from him first.

If the positions you mentioned that have to be filled to be competitive next season ain't a rebuild 6-7 players how would you describe it?

You have just contradicted yourself and agreed with my post that kicked the discussion off.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If the positions you mentioned that have to be filled to be competitive next season ain't a rebuild 6-7 players how would you describe it?

You have just contradicted yourself and agreed with my post that kicked the discussion off.

A rebuild would be replacing the majority of  your starting players but I very much doubt Pedro was meaning that. We might not need a right back depending on how the boy from Cumbernauld turns out.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not a rebuild, because none of those he quoted are first team regulars & we do not have a first team GK under contract.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hope our last game v Alloa at TFS isn’t changed to 5.30pm for Alba but I could see it happening. A late kick off is going to severely disrupt my celebration/drinking time.

Won't happen for reasons that others have stated but also I'm certain that Alba have filled their 2 match per stadium quota with us, so unless another provider picks it up there's no chance.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nah, he said additional quality. I don't think he's suggesting that the guys already signed should be replaced or aren't good enough. It would be great if the positions that he quoted were replacing the likes of Yeats, Lang, Henderson, MacIver etc if that meant those players sitting on the bench, because the replacements would be top class!

35 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Can I just check - does everyone else get the same advert on here all the time? I know I’m not a young man anymore but, since Tom Lang signed, I’ve not had any problems in “that” department. 

Not here. I'm seeing an advert for Microsoft at the top and further down one for Adidas 

50 minutes ago, StuartA said:

The ads on here are personalised to your recent search history 👀😂