The Falkirk FC Thread

Here’s a thought. From the horses mouth Sam Long has the goalie jersey for March, Nicky is getting it for April, does it go back to Sam for the last game of the season against Alloa or does he give them a half each. That for me would be ridiculous if we are still unbeaten and Alloa have something to play for, but it’s unfair to either keeper for them to miss out on the day we hopefully get the trophy, given the TFS is likely to be buzzing. Tough one for John to sort out.

20 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

True he hasn’t started a huge number but he has been involved in every game this season so he has had an opportunity.

Aye but coming on for 20 mins or less and then having to get up to speed with the game it's not the same. Now I'm not saying he should've got more starts certainly not over the form of our starters I'm just saying it's difficult to show your very best when your coming on off the best or starting the odd game here or there. Keeping him would depend on his wages and who else is available. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Here’s a thought. From the horses mouth Sam Long has the goalie jersey for March, Nicky is getting it for April, does it go back to Sam for the last game of the season against Alloa or does he give them a half each. That for me would be ridiculous if we are still unbeaten and Alloa have something to play for, but it’s unfair to either keeper for them to miss out on the day we hopefully get the trophy, given the TFS is likely to be buzzing. Tough one for John to sort out.

He could pochle it so they both end up with 18 starts each.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He could pochle it so they both end up with 18 starts each.

Start Sam as it’s his month and once/if the game is in the bag then bring Nicky on. That’s how I would sort it out, but I wouldn’t want to make that call.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Start Sam as it’s his month and once/if the game is in the bag then bring Nicky on. That’s how I would sort it out, but I wouldn’t want to make that call.

I'd prioritise our players for that game . Players signed for us and more importantly the players signed up for next season and beyond should be the starting points. Then anyone needing an appearance for a medal if any. 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd prioritise our players for that game . Players signed for us and more importantly the players signed up for next season and beyond should be the starting points. Then anyone needing an appearance for a medal if any. 

If we are unbeaten I would start our strongest 11, an invincible season is history making and never likely to be repeated. I’d try and get the game won and then as you say bring players on that need an appearance for a medal, the full squad has contributed and it wouldn’t be nice if any of them missed out.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

If we are unbeaten I would start our strongest 11, an invincible season is history making and never likely to be repeated. I’d try and get the game won and then as you say bring players on that need an appearance for a medal, the full squad has contributed and it wouldn’t be nice if any of them missed out.

Our possibly strongest 11 if Hogarth is in goals is all our own players anyway I think.  Question is whether Tait gets in and whether big tam Lang gets back to fitness enough to play most of  the remaining games.

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Our possibly strongest 11 if Hogarth is in goals is all our own players anyway I think.  Question is whether Tait gets in and whether big tam Lang gets back to fitness enough to play most of  the remaining games.

Tam will be back in the next few games and if previous posts are true he is back in training at some point this week hopefully so probably bench Saturday, starting next Saturday as for tait he will start as long as hendo is in defence but he isn’t in our strongest 11 but definitely one of the 60 minute subs mcglynn loves so much

29 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

players missing out on medals isnt the only thing some might miss out on as only bisland, McCann, Mackie and McGinn are the only players excluding goalkeepers and players out on loan that haven’t scored yet this season

It would be a shame to see Leon miss out on a goal this season as he has been one of the best players this season and fully deserves one, maybe Morrison can let him take a penalty when we get one next 

12 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Planning my journey down to Dumfries for Saturday. I've never been to Palmerston and was just wondering if there are any designated pubs for us lot nearby? Preferably one that does a good Guinness! 🤣

Not sure if any are preferred by the Falkirk fans but there are a few pubs about 5 to 10 mins walk from Palmerston.  Bottom of Glasgow St. there's Spread Eagle, Salutation, Globe and Devorgilla. Over the bridge into town on Buccleuch St. there's Cavens Arms ( good food, real ale) and further up is the Robert The Bruce (Weatherspoons). If coming by train head up English St. to town centre there's plenty between the train station and the ground.  (some don't allow football colours)

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not sure if any are preferred by the Falkirk fans but there are a few pubs about 5 to 10 mins walk from Palmerston.  Bottom of Glasgow St. there's Spread Eagle, Salutation, Globe and Devorgilla. Over the bridge into town on Buccleuch St. there's Cavens Arms ( good food, real ale) and further up is the Robert The Bruce (Weatherspoons). If coming by train head up English St. to town centre there's plenty between the train station and the ground.  (some don't allow football colours)

Cheers for answering, mate! Cavens Arms I reckon is the one for me. Waa planning on getting some scran and I love ale! Any idea if they're okay with football colours?

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I believe a club can buy additional medals at their own cost if players don't meet the appearance criteria

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Spookily I was thinking about this as well this morning. I think he might well give them a half each, take one off at 50 minutes so he can get an ovation. I very much hope we are still invincible by the time Alloa comes around and the big crowd gets to celebrate that too. The only thing that's at the back of my mind is that final game at Brockville where we were unbeaten at home all season and Inverness ruined the party in that very last game with a 3-2 loss (with that one that crossed the line for a bye kick). Alloa are a very decent side and are very capable of giving us a game that day, especially if they need a win for a better play off position.

On another note I didn't realise that the south stand had already sold out for the Alloa game (in 2 months time!) so I got on this afternoon and bought 3 tickets for the main stand - looks like they are going fast too as I couldn't get any of the tickets in the seats I normally buy and had to settle for elsewhere. What a time to be alive...

40 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Spookily I was thinking about this as well this morning. I think he might well give them a half each, take one off at 50 minutes so he can get an ovation. I very much hope we are still invincible by the time Alloa comes around and the big crowd gets to celebrate that too. The only thing that's at the back of my mind is that final game at Brockville where we were unbeaten at home all season and Inverness ruined the party in that very last game with a 3-2 loss (with that one that crossed the line for a bye kick). Alloa are a very decent side and are very capable of giving us a game that day, especially if they need a win for a better play off position.

On another note I didn't realise that the south stand had already sold out for the Alloa game (in 2 months time!) so I got on this afternoon and bought 3 tickets for the main stand - looks like they are going fast too as I couldn't get any of the tickets in the seats I normally buy and had to settle for elsewhere. What a time to be alive...

On the other side of the coin, they may have already solidified there final position and put out a weakened team to rest for the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The only thing that's at the back of my mind is that final game at Brockville where we were unbeaten at home all season and Inverness ruined the party in that very last game with a 3-2 loss (with that one that crossed the line for a bye kick).

that goal still annoys  me 

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I had to do the same thing. Been in the KM stand all season but had to buy tickets for the family section of the main stand to keep my son close to the singing section.

On a related point, does anybody know if u12 season tickets can be bought for the KM stand? Couldn't see anything about this for this season but I'd love to get one for my son for next season when I go for my own

14 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

... does anybody know if u12 season tickets can be bought for the KM stand? Couldn't see anything about this for this season but I'd love to get one for my son for next season when I go for my own

Yes. My son and I sit in the KM with an adult and U12 ST.

Edited by Blame Me

The only issue with giving them a half each is if whoever plays second half gets injured or sent off then it's down to which outfield player can go in goal. Not a scenario you'd want especially if we are still unbeaten at that point. I think you play one or the other full game. Bring one of them on for the last few minutes if we still have a sub to use.