The Falkirk FC Thread

Voted for Coll for GOTS. It was a bit of a different strike from the other ones and he had to thread it through the eye of a needle to hit the top corner.

Thought I'd be voting for one of Aidan Nesbitt's wonder goals this season but a few were missing from the list, that's been the challenge there have been so many great goals this season it was hard to get it down to a short list. 

Only 188 tickets left for the North Stand now for the Alloa game. (804 sold in the NS)

Voted for Morrison's vs Montrose. 

Could have easily gone for Donaldson's, Lang's or Spencer's as they were all equally as impressive. The fact it was in the dying seconds to secure a crucial win at that time in the season just tipped it for me 

The two where we passed the opposition to death before scoring were great examples of what we have been doing all season. Tait's was a real beauty as well but possibly slightly wind assisted. Really we have been treated to a range of great goals from a hat-ful of different scorers, it's been a joy to watch. 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Voted for Morrison's vs Montrose. 

Could have easily gone for Donaldson's, Lang's or Spencer's as they were all equally as impressive. The fact it was in the dying seconds to secure a crucial win at that time in the season just tipped it for me 

The two where we passed the opposition to death before scoring were great examples of what we have been doing all season. Tait's was a real beauty as well but possibly slightly wind assisted. Really we have been treated to a range of great goals from a hat-ful of different scorers, it's been a joy to watch. 

They are great examples of our style yeah. And great examples of why there remain a huge number of absolute dolts in the KM7 still shrieking about passing it backward or sideways. Last season sure there was a lot of pointless shit, but this season, and those goals show it perfectly, has been a masterclass of keeping the pitch big, moving the ball around, and probing for gaps and mistakes. Down one side, back, across, down the other side.... An absolute nightmare to concentrate and maintain shape when we are doing that. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They are great examples of our style yeah. And great examples of why there remain a huge number of absolute dolts in the KM7 still shrieking about passing it backward or sideways. Last season sure there was a lot of pointless shit, but this season, and those goals show it perfectly, has been a masterclass of keeping the pitch big, moving the ball around, and probing for gaps and mistakes. Down one side, back, across, down the other side.... An absolute nightmare to concentrate and maintain shape when we are doing that. 

Agree and I don't think it's appreciated how big our pitch seems to be compared to other, long-established grounds in Scottish football. Craig Ireland even mentions it in the WDHS podcast and that was almost 20 years ago!

14 hours ago, Baggio said:

I don't understand anyone who isn't voting for Morrison v Montrose! 😂

A goal like that, to win the game, is amazing enough. But for me, that goal was the moment I believed this season might actually turn out to be quite good. 

I wasn't in my usual seat for this game, I was directly behind the goal in the KM7, absolute scenes for the importance of it more for me at the time, as even though I knew it was a peach, I didn't realise actually how far out he was until seeing the highlights. 

Apologies if someone has already mentioned it. However I thought Dylan Taits goal through at Alloa was a thing of beauty. Pretty surprised it didn't make the cut. 

But for sheer skill and I was right in line with it Ethan Ross volley was incredibly good technique. We have scored some absolute worlds this season though.

93rd minute, talk of 'we still can't do it against the better teams in this division'. To get in front after being 1-0 down to a good Montrose side who for YEARS have given us a torrid time, only to give away a daft penalty in the dying moments of the game. 

It's looking like another tough tough season ahead. 

Callumn Morrison picks the ball up from 30 odd yards, everyone in the south stand is thinking 'don't shoot' 

Top bins x 

There is only one goal of the season and it is that one x 

Yes, I think it is looking like Cal picking up a double of Player of the Season and Goal of the Season. We all thought that they were going to be his goodbye gifts to us yet we have the added bonus of him turning out in The Navy Blue next season too.

If Carlsberg made football seasons...

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

There was a Brian Clough interview where he discussed that issue.

Recycling possession and having every one of your team capable of being creative. Wearing down the opposition having to work harder and concentrate harder than your team. Sooner or later there is a lapse and you pounce.

He was a bugger was Clough but his teams were easy on the eye and there's been some similarities in style between Forest and Falkirk this season in particular breaking out from your own half with pace

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There was a Brian Clough interview where he discussed that issue.

Recycling possession and having every one of your team capable of being creative. Wearing down the opposition having to work harder and concentrate harder than your team. Sooner or later there is a lapse and you pounce.

He was a bugger was Clough but his teams were easy on the eye and there's been some similarities in style between Forest and Falkirk this season in particular breaking out from your own half with pace

The other thing like is defenders taking responsibility for helping to overload a deep lying team. If you sit deep and congest the final third, Donaldson in particular will squeeze up and take the ball if it has to come back the way. Or hel carry it deep if the space is there and get the defedners going back towards goal. He has a couple of goals, and he done an Edinburgh defender like prime Crunchie for the last gasp penalty because he's obviously been told to get up there and get involved. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The other thing like is defenders taking responsibility for helping to overload a deep lying team. If you sit deep and congest the final third, Donaldson in particular will squeeze up and take the ball if it has to come back the way. Or hel carry it deep if the space is there and get the defedners going back towards goal. He has a couple of goals, and he done an Edinburgh defender like prime Crunchie for the last gasp penalty because he's obviously been told to get up there and get involved. 

This is spot on for me.

Donaldson is able to advance and have a shot because all 10 outfield Alloa players are <30 yards from their own goal and playing with a back 7. That happens because the opposition is absolutely terrified of giving us any space in the final third 

We've seen a lot of long range strikes and goals this season as a result 

Screenshot2024-04-19at11_29_02.thumb.png.d64f9fd25f8c8f0879938d293e266761.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Torn between Donaldson & Morrison for best goal but, for me, moment of the season was McCann's header & Miller's turn & through ball at Hamilton in December. Accies were on the front foot before then and Morrison still had a lot to do but, from that moment onwards, they were chasing us. That moment confirmed our superiority. The roar & scenes were magnificent & up there with anything I've experienced as a Bairns fan.