The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

It looked a clear penalty in real time, it looks a clear penalty on the highlights. How on earth is it a harsh decision?

Can't believe that game was yesterday already. Can't believe that season is over. Absolutely can believe that team has proven to be invincible though!  They've had the hallmark of legends for some time and carried the weight of expectation superbly. 

It was possibly a gamble running with a smaller squad, prioritising quality over quantity, but when you build a spirit like this team has it counts for so much and has proven unbeatable! 

This hasn't just been about a squad though. We're a proper club again. A community. This is why we support our local team and today will never be forgotten. 

To everyone here, at the stadium today and to Bairns everywhere: 

COYB ❤️ 

Incredible Saturday. Magical atmosphere all around town. Stadium was magical and there was simply no way we were going to lose. Many tears from young and old. Special day that I’m sure will live with us forever. Really hope that John McGlynn gets the award tonight, a fitting tribute to the guy for giving us a team that many will regard as legends. 

Brilliant day out yesterday. Brilliant season.

Players typified yesterday what it takes to become invincibles. Playing for each other, being adaptable, never giving in, taking risks and believing they are never out of it.

Nesbitts goal was a cracker (he finished 5th top scorer in league so hats off to him) and Spencers penalty was a thing of beauty especially given the importance of that goal.

Not been mentioned much but the multi ball quick return system we use was vital again yesterday in keeping the game flowing and the pressure up. The opponents don't get a chance to regroup. Really helped make sure their goalie didn't get away with more time wasting than he already did. I hope we use it to as good effect at home next season.

Excited to see what the close season brings with new signings, re signings (Tait), season tickets sales, new ideas for ultras, marketing, TV, who comes up with us, down from above and what the fixture list will be. Some great fixtures next season again.

What a time to be alive....

What an unbelievable season and a great way to mark 20 years of TFS. John and the boys have done the whole town proud since day one and not only was the football and absolute joy to watch, but seeing the next generation of Bairns belting out Falkirk anthems makes me realise the club is in great hands. Being in the Championship is an absolute minimum requirement for this club and I think we can go even better.

By my calculations we’ve got 14 signed up for next season? Have I missed anyone?

Hogarth in goals 

Defenders - Adams, Donaldson, Lang, McCann, Yeats

Midfielders - Agyemang, Henderson, Miller, Morrison, Nesbitt, Oliver, Spencer

Forwards - MacIver

I think 3-4 top quality signings over the summer would get us into contention for the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

What an unbelievable season and a great way to mark 20 years of TFS. John and the boys have done the whole town proud since day one and not only was the football and absolute joy to watch, but seeing the next generation of Bairns belting out Falkirk anthems makes me realise the club is in great hands. Being in the Championship is an absolute minimum requirement for this club and I think we can go even better.

By my calculations we’ve got 14 signed up for next season? Have I missed anyone?

Hogarth in goals 

Forwards - MacIver

I think 3-4 top quality signings over the summer would get us into contention for the playoffs. 

A lot of really good articles from players in the match programme yesterday, however, the one from McGinn was particularly good. As expected came across brilliantly and his professionalism and attitude was first class throughout the season. What he did say was that he would likely (as expected) be moving on. Shame he was hampered by injury but he's definitely had a positive influence on the park and off it. 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Hogarth in goals 

Forwards - MacIver

Don't forget Jordan Allan

Congratulations Falkirk. Its about time the other half got to celebrate his football team achieving something!

On a personal level delighted for Ross MacIver and his family, too. Especially out of position yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Oh Lordy, why the f**k is my head so sore.

Falkirk I love you ❤️

Thought your head would be bursting today mate. Hair of the dog required 😄