The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm hoping he goes to you or the scum, we could do with a left sided centre back but Paul Hanlon's far too slow, don't rate him at all.

Wouldn't mind that, Meekison's got unfinished business here.

Tbf we signed Berra who was slower than a week in the jail, but his reading of the game and just knowing where to be at all times he didn’t need that and I would assume the same with Hanlon but it will be interesting to see where he ends up 

4 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

Archie Meekison released by Dundee United, I wonder if he would be an option if Tait isn't available

Phew, 15 in total released by Goodwin.

Others to catch the eye are Chris Mochrie & Layton B.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If it cost £30k approx to sign Tait but at the cost of one less signing for the squad. Is it worth the risk?

McGynn's call on that and its a tricky one.

Would be a steal at £30k.

Great statement of intent.

54 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Tbf we signed Berra who was slower than a week in the jail, but his reading of the game and just knowing where to be at all times he didn’t need that and I would assume the same with Hanlon but it will be interesting to see where he ends up 

Similar players but I didn't want Berra at the time either when he was leaving Hearts and I don't think Hanlon's anywhere near the level Berra was over the course of his career. 

Donaldson and Lang are both starters anyway so signing Hanlon would be a bit of a weird one given the wage he'll command. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If it cost £30k approx to sign Tait but at the cost of one less signing for the squad. Is it worth the risk?

McGynn's call on that and its a tricky one.

Less of a gamble given you've had 6 months of seeing how he performs in the team. Tait will be the first choice but I wouldn't mind Meekison in, could have had him instead of Gary Oliver.

Posted (edited)

Players I wouldn't mind us signing this summer.

GK - Harry Stone (Loan), Murray Johnson (Loan), Josh Rae, Ryan Fulton

CB - Jack Milne (Loan), Luke Graham (Loan)

CM - Dylan Tait, Archie Meekison, Max Anderson (Loan), Reece Lyon, Steven Warnock(Loan if Killie keep him)

ST - George Oakley, Chris Kane, Bobby Wales(Loan if Killie manage to keep him) Jay Bird, Zak Lovelace(Loan if Rangers manage to keep him)

Edited by FFC 1876

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Players I wouldn't mind us signing this summer.

GK - Harry Stone (Loan), Murray Johnson (Loan), Josh Rae, Ryan Fulton

CB - Jack Milne (Loan), Luke Graham (Loan)

CM - Dylan Tait, Archie Meekison, Max Anderson (Loan), Reece Lyon, Steven Warnock(Loan if Killie keep him)

ST - George Oakley, Chris Kane, Bobby Wales(Loan if Killie manage to keep him) Jay Bird, Zak Lovelace(Loan if Rangers manage to keep him)

Despite what Airdrie fans say, every time I've seen Josh Rae he's been pish

Supposedly Josh Rae has been offered £4k a week from Ross County and has a number of clubs after him, would be very surprised if we can compete with wherever he ends up  

Sounds like Fulton is being shown the door at Accies, would rather we went for him tbh 

Never been a fan of Chris Kane, St Johnstone seem to have had a dearth of strikers that can't score goals, Nicky Clark possibly being the exception when he isn't injured. If it's a cheaper back up option to MacIver is it worth taking a punt on Goss from Annan? Out of contract at the end of the month according to transfermrkt.

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Never been a fan of Chris Kane, St Johnstone seem to have had a dearth of strikers that can't score goals, Nicky Clark possibly being the exception when he isn't injured. If it's a cheaper back up option to MacIver is it worth taking a punt on Goss from Annan? Out of contract at the end of the month according to transfermrkt.

Surely the cheaper back up would be Shanley.

Any new player should be an improvement on what we already have.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t bring in a second striker at all. The McKenna signing makes me think Gary Oliver might be seen more as a backup CF next season and Agyeman can play there too.

As more out of contract, released players are announced by clubs compounded with teams facing financial problems will have reduced squads. Most likely there will be too many players for the positions available.

It's a buyers market and for once Falkirk are in a good position.

Team on the up. Stability. Players getting a chance. Club unity -Board-Manager-Players-Fans as one. There's not many clubs that can pitch that to a potential signing.

The length of contract will influence just as much as the wage.

We just might be surprised at who we sign.

14 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

So anyhoo, this showed up on my FB feed ...

https://www.matthewjiwood.com/subbuteo-xis/falkirk-invincibles

Screenshot_20240508_201638_Facebook.jpg

All very good but I would prefer the money all went to the club. I note the Falkirk crest isn't on their design which tells you its for private profit.

Invincible material is on the way - just give it a week or two (I know because I am working on one big thing). 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Assuming Allan leaves and we re-sign Shanley, Ross & Tait, a senior squad of 21. 

IMG_8552.jpeg

Many will disagree but I would definitely like to see another striker come in to compete with Maciver. Competition for places has worked well elsewhere in the squad and brought out the best in players.

I also wouldn’t fancy having to rely on Shanley or Oliver for extended periods if Maciver was unavailable for whatever reason.

Posted (edited)

I have a feeling McKenna has been singed to compete with McIver going on how the Arbroath fans describe him and on how McGlynn described him. Good in the air, a nice touch and apparently is capable of mixing it up a bit. He did finish top scorer in the championship the season before last and won the leagues POTY. The fact he can play in a couple of positions similar to Oliver is obviously a bonus. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I have a feeling McKenna has been singed to compete with McIver going on how the Arbroath fans describe him and on how McGlynn described him. Good in the air, a nice touch and apparently is capable of mixing it up a bit. He did finish top scorer in the championship the season before last and won the leagues POTY. The fact he can play in a couple of positions similar to Oliver is obviously a bonus. 

Tbf McKenna finished with that many goals because of Joel Nouble, not sure how many of McKennas goals would’ve been directly assisted by Nouble but I can think of a handful just off the top of my head there must have been a lot. Nouble was the man uptop taking defenders away and McKenna as the 10 got plenty of soace running into and in and around the box