The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf McKenna finished with that many goals because of Joel Nouble, not sure how many of McKennas goals would’ve been directly assisted by Nouble but I can think of a handful just off the top of my head there must have been a lot. Nouble was the man uptop taking defenders away and McKenna as the 10 got plenty of soace running into and in and around the box 

With our front 3 (MacIver, Morrison and Miller) that sounds ideal

2 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

All very good but I would prefer the money all went to the club. I note the Falkirk crest isn't on their design which tells you its for private profit.

Invincible material is on the way - just give it a week or two (I know because I am working on one big thing). 

Falkirk daft have been promoting that guys ffc stuff so presumably the club are OK with it 

4 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

Falkirk daft have been promoting that guys ffc stuff so presumably the club are OK with it 

FD can promote whomever they want whether the club like it or not.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

The FD podcast isn’t an official podcast to the football club so the thoughts of the football club may not (will not) match ours in terms of promoting competitions or items that may not be making the football club money.

We do support the club making as much money as possible obviously but we don’t always promote just club merch/initiatives. IE we have promoted various items such as Ultras 1876 merch, PintnPrints merch & other non club stuff over the last couple of years via comps, sponsorships or we just like someone’s work so want to share.

Edited by RC55 FFC

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Of course they can but let's face it they ain't going to upset the apple cart......unofficial it may be but its as close to the club as you can get without being official, or is that just how it looks 🤔 😆 🤣 

Just now, martin ritchie said:

Of course they can but let's face it they ain't going to upset the apple cart......unofficial it may be but its as close to the club as you can get without being official, or is that just how it looks 🤔 😆 🤣 

I'll bite since it's quiet around these parts 🙂

Agree they've become quite close to the club, staff, players and FSS but I don't sense they've censured themselves to avoid upsetting those relationships.

John and Ross are calling it as they see it which is why I think it's been so well received - Take John's criticism of the "begging bowl" emails or Ross awarding Falkirk daft-ie to some of the players over the season.

I think the club are quite happy to endorse them as the show and contribution they make is brilliant, in my view. 

Spoiler

Ross and John you can pay me your tenners whenever. Bank details in your DM's 😉 😝

46 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I'll bite since it's quiet around these parts 🙂

Agree they've become quite close to the club, staff, players and FSS but I don't sense they've censured themselves to avoid upsetting those relationships.

John and Ross are calling it as they see it which is why I think it's been so well received - Take John's criticism of the "begging bowl" emails or Ross awarding Falkirk daft-ie to some of the players over the season.

I think the club are quite happy to endorse them as the show and contribution they make is brilliant, in my view. 

Hide contents

Ross and John you can pay me your tenners whenever. Bank details in your DM's 😉 😝

Pint of T in Elliot’s and that’s your whack 😂

59 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

I can assure you we do & have upset the apple cart many times 😂😂

1 hour ago, martin ritchie said:

Not sure I’d agree with that. There have been criticisms of the club and team on the podcast a number of times when deserved, which you wouldn’t get on official club media. 

Clearly there hasn’t been much to complain about this season on or off the pitch, but I don’t get the impression they would hold back if they felt it was necessary.

50 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not sure I’d agree with that. There have been criticisms of the club and team on the podcast a number of times when deserved, which you wouldn’t get on official club media. 

Clearly there hasn’t been much to complain about this season on or off the pitch, but I don’t get the impression they would hold back if they felt it was necessary.

and quite right too, wouldn't expect anything else, but that doesn't mean they should be promoting products made by somebody in Sheffield with no association with, or loyalty to the club. do you think wood design and illustration would be pushing their stuff if our season had been like the last 4? keep the NBP in the Falkirk family.

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

so its a blank canvas then, what about the Pars? 😏

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

and quite right too, wouldn't expect anything else, but that doesn't mean they should be promoting products made by somebody in Sheffield with no association with, or loyalty to the club. do you think wood design and illustration would be pushing their stuff if our season had been like the last 4? keep the NBP in the Falkirk family.

Don’t disagree (as we always push the clubs stuff too) but if something looks cool & made well then personally happy to give it air time & I know John does too. Same with ultras merch, prints pints merch etc. 

The club gets zero money from people spending money in the Westfield lounge too but people still do it on masse every home game. The club promote it as it’s an option for fans. We were approached (& the club aren’t selling them) so shared it. 
Edited by RC55 FFC

Posted (edited)

This is a really strange criticism. The podcast is completely separate from the club as it should be and the guys do a spectacular job of celebrating the club, bringing fans together and discussing almost all of the different fans views. I have zero issues with people finding unique posters and merch they want to represent their love for the club. So what if the poster maker is in Sheffield? We have Bairns fans all over the country and if it gets promoted in different areas that is a good thing as far as I'm concerned even if money doesn't directly go in. All of that being promoted on the podcast has been exactly why it's been so engaging and to an extent brought about more awareness of issues and good things that are happening to fans who maybe weren't as engaged before. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

Posted (edited)

Imagine the only thing somebody has to moan about being what is or is not said on the Falkirk Daft podcast which is made by two supporters in their own time for the benefit of us all with any financial profit going into the club 🙄

Edited by FK1Bairn

27 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

You do know there's a well known supporter with his own business based in Sheffield who attends every game and sponsored Falkirk TV

Posted (edited)

As posted before but this is the last chance - please send me (pablorobo@hotmail.com) your thoughts or anecdotes about this season. Four or five sentences or fewer. Humorous is best. The best ones received will be published in a soon to be announced project being done in association with the club. 

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee