The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This should forever be known as 'Thank f**k Brad McKay Is Gone' day.

It was announced on twitter and the official website last Thursday. It was a glorious day indeed.

Scottish Premiership clubs will consider banning sectarian songs and chanting in the top flight from 2026.
The SPFL will issue a resolution to be voted on by all 12 Premiership clubs, with 9 votes to 3 required for this to pass.

25 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Scottish Premiership clubs will consider banning sectarian songs and chanting in the top flight from 2026.
The SPFL will issue a resolution to be voted on by all 12 Premiership clubs, with 9 votes to 3 required for this to pass.

How the f**k can it be ‘up for consideration’ ?

Ban it and start hammering the 2 clubs that have been doing this for decades with weekly points deductions.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How the f**k can it be ‘up for consideration’ ?

Ban it and start hammering the 2 clubs that have been doing this for decades with weekly points deductions.

😆

18 hours ago, Blame Me said:

That may be taken out their hands - Shire facing a financial shortfall themselves putting them in jeopardy by all reports in the Falkirk Herald.

Shame about Shire yon Alan Mackin has a lot to answer for.

Was always a good derby and pub crawl along Graham's Road there and back.

Would be great to see them playing at a higher level at some time.

If they are in such dire financial straights, could a Falkirk v Shire pre-season friendly be arranged. It could make all the difference.

Steven Warnock released from Killie would have had him in to challenge Nesbitt for the position at 10. Can also play on either wing or further back in the middle of the park. 

Diminutive but a very good footballer with plenty of talent.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

It was announced on twitter and the official website last Thursday. It was a glorious day indeed.

Like him or not he was an individual doing his job and earning a living. Didn't work out for him, had a few decent games.

He's away - move on.

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Like him or not he was an individual doing his job and earning a living. Didn't work out for him, had a few decent games.

He's away - move on.

🖕

Disappointing that despite the club's working with the SPFL on a well researched proposal they have decided to disregard it entirely. Not surprising though. It appears they didn't even intend to let the premiership clubs know that there was any alternative proposal as well if I've understood correctly.

I posted the below on the Raith Rovers thread but anted to share it here as well just in case it is helpful because I know Falkirk fans groups and those connected to the club read this thread.

That is a really good statement (as an aside it seems very odd that Airdrie are not involved?).

I really hope the ban can be avoided. The proposed quality assurance solutions seem so obviously sound that the ban cannot be conceived as anything other than petulance and/or selfishness. It also reeks of something that, if banned, will become unbanned in a few years (like the 10k seats rule).

I know people form the club read this page - I wonder if, should no backing down occur regarding the vote, it would be a good idea to get MSPs/local councillors involved  to raise awareness/pressure (writing to them, asking them to raise the issue through appropriate committees, get them to publicly support the joint proposal etc.). I imagine the community element would be a strong card. 

Great article, and surprisingly Airdrie posted  missing. However the paragraph below set by the big knobs more or less shuts out anything the clubs will be able to fight. 

We are, however, disappointed to learn that the Premiership clubs intend to proceed to a vote on a blanket ban of artificial surfaces from season 2026/27, and that none of the elements of our alternative proposal have been adopted or incorporated into their final proposal.

34 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I posted the below on the Raith Rovers thread but anted to share it here as well just in case it is helpful because I know Falkirk fans groups and those connected to the club read this thread.

That is a really good statement (as an aside it seems very odd that Airdrie are not involved?).

I really hope the ban can be avoided. The proposed quality assurance solutions seem so obviously sound that the ban cannot be conceived as anything other than petulance and/or selfishness. It also reeks of something that, if banned, will become unbanned in a few years (like the 10k seats rule).

I know people form the club read this page - I wonder if, should no backing down occur regarding the vote, it would be a good idea to get MSPs/local councillors involved  to raise awareness/pressure (writing to them, asking them to raise the issue through appropriate committees, get them to publicly support the joint proposal etc.). I imagine the community element would be a strong card. 

Writing to MSPs is a great idea. Our pitch was funded partially by a government grant and an SFA grant was it not, so surely that in itself is good evidence. 

As an aside, I think Airdrie were involved in the initial paper. The badge is on the first page as is Cove rangers. I guess they just didn't want to be involved in the public joint statement? 

Excellent statement. Pure self preservation concealed in the guise of pretence our top flight is an “elite” league.  Rushed through with no democratic debate without the consent of 30 of the 42 members. Only moment worse in recent memory was the Sevco debacle, in which our then board played a dismal part too.