The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

No actual cash involved whatsoever 

Well the club are saying the arrangements are confidential, take from that what you will. Hibs spent £100k on Tait. One year left on his contract so it stands to reason they would try to get what they can for him.

31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s a training top, wish it was our away top,  It is so smart.

I just like the unique factor. Would have been great as an away top. Bet that’s a big seller 

I posted on Tuesday that I wasn't sure about the new home top and even 3 days on I'm still not 100% on it. These things happen and you can't please everybody every time. No issues with O'Neill's as the manufacturer though, they've definitely given us something different to the bland Puma jobs we've had previously 

Based on the pictures of the training gear today, I think I prefer that to last year's though I did like the two tone blue training top. 

Have to agree with others on that white top superbly modelled by Hendo, that it would be tremendous as an away kit. 

Tait re-signing is brilliant news. Just a CB and CF to come and I reckon that's us sorted. 

We're going to win this league eh? 🤔

Edited by FK1Bairn

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well the club are saying the arrangements are confidential, take from that what you will. Hibs spent £100k on Tait. One year left on his contract so it stands to reason they would try to get what they can for him.

given your logic has already been proven to be a bit naff your continued speculation makes no sense at all, why do this to yourself, you claimed you were ITK, crowed about being ITK, demanding people eat humble pie when you thought you were right but you were wrong all along. own it. 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have no idea what our budget is or how much of it has been spent.

The point I’m making is that while it would be understandable to ‘bank’ any ST revenue higher than budgeted, there are financial advantages of investing it in the squad in order to try and ensure a higher league finish.

during the week i went back and watched the most recent FD podcast where the directors were on, my main reason was i wanted to remind myself how nice a geezer Gordon Wright was.  there a bit about last seasons budget and the board taking 'calculated risks' to give John Mclynn the maximum about of money they could. all the podcasts official and FD talked about a first team of 20 and a loan keeper, we are at 21 and a signed keeper. that looks like an overspend to me. maybe they've already done what you suggest. i expect the bod won't know yet where the revenue is right now, more ST sales means less PATG. last season the bod had a open meeting in the brockville bar after the open training day, maybe there will be something similar this year. if there is we can ask.

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Need Hendo starting IMO. Physicality in the midfield.

Not for me. Spencer and Tait will boss the ball, even a league up. You can also play three narrow in CM and sacrifice the N.10 in certain games too. 

44 minutes ago, BPM said:

Not for me. Spencer and Tait will boss the ball, even a league up. You can also play three narrow in CM and sacrifice the N.10 in certain games too. 

You’ve posted pretty much exactly what I was going too. Tait and Spencer both need to be playing and they don’t mind the physical side of the game

Right my fellow Bairns, on this night of international football here is a choice for you all.

If a genie granted you one footballing wish and it was a choice between Scotland winning the World Cup and Falkirk winning the Scottish Cup what do you take.

I would take Falkirk every day of the week as I’m no the biggest international football fan but I just wondered how you all feel.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Right my fellow Bairns, on this night of international football here is a choice for you all.

If a genie granted you one footballing wish and it was a choice between Scotland winning the World Cup and Falkirk winning the Scottish Cup what do you take.

I would take Falkirk every day of the week as I’m no the biggest international football fan but I just wondered how you all feel.

I’m a massive Scotland fan but having been in tears three times at Scottish Cup finals and never expecting Scotland to win anything it’s the Scottish cup all day long. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I’m a massive Scotland fan but having been in tears three times at Scottish Cup finals and never expecting Scotland to win anything it’s the Scottish cup all day long. 

I wasn’t that bad at the Killie final but the cream bun and ICT finals the tears were flowing. I think especially the ICT final I was 50 and knew my chances of seeing us win one in my life are diminishing.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I wasn’t that bad at the Killie final but the cream bun and ICT finals the tears were flowing. I think especially the ICT final I was 50 and knew my chances of seeing us win one in my life are diminishing.

The Caley one was the worst for sure. I was inconsolable. 

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It might not be visible in the pics, but the white top has the steeple all the way through it too. These pics were taken a while back but weren't released because (I think) the shop hadn't received all the stock in the sizes they needed. 

The Falkirk Herald will be there tomorrow and FFC have published training pics from today so it's not a secret any more. 

top (1) .JPG

top (2) .JPG

can't wait for this to be on sale, absolutely brilliant and designed around the falkirk identity and local icons.  

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Falkirk every time. Any competition win I’d take actually. 

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

At the three finals, not sure which one still hurts the most, and hoping one day our name on the cup, before the big man comes calling.