The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Can someone remind me what our preseason fixtures are, and if they are open to spectators?

Away to Dumbarton this weekend and home to Alloa next weekend, after which the league cup ties start. Both are open to spectators. There are also two midweek closed-door games. I doubt the club will say anything about these unless McGlynn mentions them afterwards in a press or FFCTV interview. The first game of the season is pretty much always closed-door as managers don't want fans seeing just how rusty the players are after after two months without football. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Away to Dumbarton this weekend and home to Alloa next weekend, after which the league cup ties start. Both are open to spectators. There are also two midweek closed-door games. I doubt the club will say anything about these unless McGlynn mentions them afterwards in a press or FFCTV interview. The first game of the season is pretty much always closed-door as managers don't want fans seeing just how rusty the players are after after two months without football. 

Do you know if the Falkirk TV guys are planning to cover the Dumbarton game?

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Do you know if the Falkirk TV guys are planning to cover the Dumbarton game?

No idea, but I assume they will be. They're Falkirk fans so they'll want to be at every game and it's a revenue stream for the club. They did the friendlies last year but there was no live coverage because the new volunteers were getting used to the kit, how to set it up etc. There was also a new streaming provider so there was a lot of learning going on. They know everything now so I imagine they'll just carry on from last season. 

The club will probably do the usual matchday guide towards the end of the week which will confirm one way or the other. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No idea, but I assume they will be. They're Falkirk fans so they'll want to be at every game and it's a revenue stream for the club. They did the friendlies last year but there was no live coverage because the new volunteers were getting used to the kit, how to set it up etc. There was also a new streaming provider so there was a lot of learning going on. They know everything now so I imagine they'll just carry on from last season. 

The club will probably do the usual matchday guide towards the end of the week which will confirm one way or the other. 

Cheers BB.

15 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think it would be good to see a few trialists on Saturday. Defensive cover the big issue. We appear well covered in midfield and up top we could perhaps have more options but defence an issue 

If we are struggling for defensive cover we could still play Mackie in the centre and Calvin Miller could fill in at left back. As you say we have plenty to cover midfield for this if needed.

1 hour ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

If we are struggling for defensive cover we could still play Mackie in the centre and Calvin Miller could fill in at left back. As you say we have plenty to cover midfield for this if needed.

Surely it would be Mackie at LB and Henderson at CB or have I missed another injury?

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Surely it would be Mackie at LB and Henderson at CB or have I missed another injury?

Not sure if Hendo up to full fitness yet after bad hamstring injury at end of season. 

1 minute ago, peebles_Dee said:

Just seen Miller and Lang wearing it

That's not the away kit.

It's the players matchday / travel kit, which hasn't been released yet. I think that will be done either tomorrow or Friday. Matchday kit for both players & staff and prematch warmup shirts have still to be released. 

They'll all be visible to the fans at the friendly on Saturday. 

38 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's not the away kit.

It's the players matchday / travel kit, which hasn't been released yet. I think that will be done either tomorrow or Friday. Matchday kit for both players & staff and prematch warmup shirts have still to be released. 

About 8 of your players were training at Strathclyde park today

4 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Your away kit is cream/Gold next season

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not it's not. 

4 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Just seen Miller and Lang wearing it

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's not the away kit.

3 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

About 8 of your players were training at Strathclyde park today

So every likelihood that the kit you seen them wear was the training kit mentioned by BB? Why would the players be wearing the away kit for training??

35 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Watching GEO-POR game. Portugal (albeit) a few names short, getting humped. GEO a pleasure to watch, and shows what a small nation can achieve. 

They’ve a coach with a bit of ambition who wasn’t scared to take the game to a so called better team.

They also had players with a great attitude and also an fair amount of skill, passion and desire.

Well played them.

2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

So every likelihood that the kit you seen them wear was the training kit mentioned by BB? Why would the players be wearing the away kit for training??

Because I thought it had a sponsor on it and they were wearing long socks. Calm down man I accepted it was a training top and your going off on one for the sake of it.