The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, BPM said:

That is 100% the worst thing to do IMO. Giving away cheap posession, like Sevco always do against them, just invites pressure and tires people out trying to continually close down attackers. When we get the ball we have to keep hold of it and trust our fluidity to do that. 

We'll need to be very brave then because the way Celtic swarm the opposition in defence gives me the fear a wee bit. You're probably right though as playing it long is probably playing right into their hands. Will be interesting to see how McGlynn sets us up.

Watching the game and don’t think Bratislava have the quality we do. Can’t see anyone in that side that would get in ours, no Dylan Tait, Brad Spencer’s in that team.

Wonder what will go through Keelans head on Sunday, last season Lowland League, this season Celtic Park in front of a massive crowd on live TV, I bet he won’t look out of place too.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Watching the game and don’t think Bratislava have the quality we do. Can’t see anyone in that side that would get in ours, no Dylan Tait, Brad Spencer’s in that team.

Wonder what will go through Keelans head on Sunday, last season Lowland League, this season Celtic Park in front of a massive crowd on live TV, I bet he won’t look out of place too.

I'd love dearly for us to score a goal to take the lead, or to equalise, but I'd give anything for it to be Dylan who scores it, just for the goal celebration alone 🤣

I still don't quite understand how Keelan has taken to professional football as well as he has. Folk have compared him to Davie Weir and I'm starting to see it. Well, minus the pace 🤣

Just now, Raybowski89 said:

I'd love dearly for us to score a goal to take the lead, or to equalise, but I'd give anything for it to be Dylan who scores it, just for the goal celebration alone 🤣

I still don't quite understand how Keelan has taken to professional football as well as he has. Folk have compared him to Davie Weir and I'm starting to see it. Well, minus the pace 🤣

I’ve got a tenner on Dylan to score anytime, got him at 20/1 so I would love him to score as well and then give it the big un to the Green Brigade.

It’s been a long long time since I’ve seen a player taking to full time football as comfortably as Keelan has, I honestly think we have an international player in the making on our hands.

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Although risky I think Adams pace gives us a good outlet down our right hand side against Celtic. His fitness and speed could really help us. 

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army

We have to play how we've been playing. There is no point in trying to be overly defensive when we aren't use to it. It is likely we will lose so let's lose on our terms. If we can ride out the first 20 mins and allow Spencer and Tait to settle down and get their foot on the ball it will make all the difference. Need big Ross to put a big shift in and if Alfie starts then you never know what he might do. Nothing fancy from Donaldson, just the basics this weekend.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve got a tenner on Dylan to score anytime, got him at 20/1 so I would love him to score as well and then give it the big un to the Green Brigade.

It’s been a long long time since I’ve seen a player taking to full time football as comfortably as Keelan has, I honestly think we have an international player in the making on our hands.

Aye, at this rate we might not have Adams very long. Hopefully he's on a nice and long contract!

Can't decide if Celtic are really good or if this Bratislava team are just absolutely barking.

5 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Aye, at this rate we might not have Adams very long. Hopefully he's on a nice and long contract!

Can't decide if Celtic are really good or if this Bratislava team are just absolutely barking.

It's both

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's both

Yeah I agree, I think Celtic are totally on a different planet to anything else in Scotland these days. With the finances they have and are likely to build in the CL you can’t see them not winning the league for a long time.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As for the womens team, I don't know who you are but I know a great deal about them. Given that I've been involved every Sunday for longer than any player, coach, or current Foundation employee. 

The players used to pay monthly fees to pay for things like pitch hire, refs, clothing, etc. One of the Foundation employees who was in charge of the womens side decided to cut those fees. Because if you don't charge players to play, you have a better chance of attracting decent ones. The problem was that decision meant the team were spending more than they were bringing in. So they were running at a loss. 

Some cost-saving measures were implemented, such as the goalie coach and physio being told that they wouldn't be paid so they left. But there was still a deficit. After a series of meetings it was sorted last summer by the coaches giving up their salaries, the players agreeing to play on the community pitch where there would be no fees and giving up any clothing allowance. They get a home strip from the Foundation and that's about it. Everything else has to be paid for by the team through fundraising and by sponsorship which the coaches have brought in. 

And yes, everyone who's involved does pay out their own pockets. Any time we have a team bus everyone who travels on it pays enough to cover the cost of the hire, myself included. 

There's nothing wrong with that. It's a model which is probably used by loads of amateur teams. 

But it could be so much better if the women could somehow be brought under the umbrella of Falkirk FC. Even a tiny percentage of FFC's turnover could transform the womens team. I wonder how the girls would feel if they weren't training in kit that's 4 years old and has been worn by a dozen players before they got it?  

thats much worse than i realised mainly the final paragraph. which made me feel a bit queasy to be honest.  we are not supposed to be amateurish.  i was so disgusted i checked the foundations page on companys house and the last accounts they posted were may 2023, they had £160,000 of cash in hand and debts due to them. that's 25% of their turnover. says it all. how much would a couple of kits cost, £2k? disgusting. how do we get the club to take control? 

40 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah I agree, I think Celtic are totally on a different planet to anything else in Scotland these days. With the finances they have and are likely to build in the CL you can’t see them not winning the league for a long time.

I really, really want us to beat them. It’d be great to get it right up that bigoted arsehole from Grangemouth who owns the pub in the Auld Toon.

17 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

thats much worse than i realised mainly the final paragraph. which made me feel a bit queasy to be honest.  we are not supposed to be amateurish.  i was so disgusted i checked the foundations page on companys house and the last accounts they posted were may 2023, they had £160,000 of cash in hand and debts due to them. that's 25% of their turnover. says it all. how much would a couple of kits cost, £2k? disgusting. how do we get the club to take control? 

I know FFC are looking at it but I have no idea beyond that.

As for kit, this was from the warmup on Sunday. We've been with O Neills for two years now and the last Puma year had thick white stripes down the shoulders so this training wear is four years old. Now that I think about it, I have a couple of old Puma jackets which the club gave me as as volunteer and which I no longer need. I'll hand them over to the coaches for the girls to use next time I see them. We have very few sub jackets so they'll come in useful. 😰

team (1) .jpg

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I really, really want us to beat them. It’d be great to get it right up that bigoted arsehole from Grangemouth who owns the pub in the Auld Toon.

I assume you're talking about Cesar's aye? Can't say I've ever been inside the place.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If you're talking about Cesars Paradise wasn't it a Falkirk fan who was running it? 

I'm sure I know the guy.