The Falkirk FC Thread

Next day sober analysis of our exceptional first 70 minutes against Celtic.

Credit to Alfie for slightly roughing up the Celtic left-back, Alex Valle (on loan from Barcelona):

- 1-0 up: Alfie briefly held onto Valle's shirt, keeping Valle away from our shot.

- 2-1 up: Alfie lightly caught Valle in the face with the very end of his hand, but Valle being the Spain-trained player he is, wrongly chose to theatrically throw himself to the floor instead of trying to keep up with Alfie's run.

Our positive attacking play and good attitude involved way more than the above, I'm just commenting on how we got the goals.   

When Celtic brought on Engels, his £11m transfer fee is FOUR TIMES our entire club's annual revenues from 2022/23.

6 minutes ago, Falkirk Forever said:

Next day sober analysis of our exceptional first 70 minutes against Celtic.

Credit to Alfie for slightly roughing up the Celtic left-back, Alex Valle (on loan from Barcelona):

- 1-0 up: Alfie briefly held onto Valle's shirt, keeping Valle away from our shot.

- 2-1 up: Alfie lightly caught Valle in the face with the very end of his hand, but Valle being the Spain-trained player he is, wrongly chose to theatrically throw himself to the floor instead of trying to keep up with Alfie's run.

Our positive attacking play and good attitude involved way more than the above, I'm just commenting on how we got the goals.   

When Celtic brought on Engels, his £11m transfer fee is FOUR TIMES our entire club's annual revenues from 2022/23.

They brought £19m of talent off the bench to play for the remaining 30 minutes-

Engels- £11m

Kuhn- £3m

Taylor- £3m

Yang- £2m

Had it still be a maximum of 3 subs allowed then we might have kept a chance of trying to see it out but when you change almost half a team with that array of talent then it’s almost impossible. 

Credit to the team and all the coaching staff though. Had little expectation going in to the game but we were excellent and if you had told me we’d be leading them with 20 minutes to go before the match then I’d have taken that all day. It’s just ashame how it ended up. We really didn’t deserve to end up with that scoreline however the whole team done us proud, as did the fans. 

I was just musing to myself that our best player this season so far perhaps is the only one that couldn’t get into the league one team of the season. 

Anyhow this team is amazing. I think we’re going to win the league and I won’t be too astonished if no one beat us.  Now I’ve said it I can’t take it back. Book two anyone?

Edited by Roboccop

Proud as hell after yesterday tbh. Even more so than I was before it. 

Each player put everything into that game as did every fan in the stand. Phenomenal atmosphere from the minute the turnstiles opened to 10mins after it ended.  

We went toe to toe with them for large spells and what a confidence boost (if it were needed) that we can go on and do something special again this season. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes but also had a good few chances against stenny and couldn't take any of them. I just don't see him getting the number of goals Morrison brings to the side which is why I'd always have a fully fit Morrison starting in front of him. Great impact sub though.

Thought he was really unlucky against Stenny tbf. Some great strikes which were unlucky not to go in- it wasn’t like he was miles off target.

He also put in a great cross for our second goal yesterday.

I think Alfie has improved a lot. He's more assured on the ball and seems to be better at following the plan, you can see he's been working hard to address his weaker areas while still trying to keep his trademark flair and unpredictability.

He'll need to keep improving to displace Morrison as our best player on that side but until Callum is feeling better I think he's going to get plenty of game time to do just that. 

I do think we are missing Morrison. He utterly tormented Scott McMann in the games against Dundee Utd last season who was in the Championship team of the season

Agyeman and Ross have both done really well though and will be more than adequate until Morrison is back

Still think the Celtic cash should be used for another striker 

1 hour ago, Falkirk Forever said:

Not that it matters now but Valle was trying to back into Alfie so I reckon that's why the ref saw it as a fair tussle and ignored it. The Celtic RB would have been better closing down McIver but he didn't and we were all ecstatic 😊

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Still think the Celtic cash should be used for another striker 

The backup striker situation was highlighted with our Stenny Challenge Cup debacle.  Shanley's finishing was diabolical, including his two-touch ruled out penalty.

Could we get someone better than Shanley on the loan market?

3 minutes ago, Falkirk Forever said:

The backup striker situation was highlighted with our Stenny Challenge Cup debacle.  Shanley's finishing was diabolical, including his two-touch ruled out penalty.

Could we get someone better than Shanley on the loan market?

Surely someone young from down south?