The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

Hope the manager is keeping an eye on the situation in the highlands, looks like ICT are entering administration. 

Does John do Administration as a side job? Is he after the gig? 

9 hours ago, Dade said:

Asked this before but just wondering how signing a contract extension would affect this seasons budget? Do players start on improved terms once it’s signed? 

Of course they will. They are also a league up from last season. 

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He needs to focus on his own role first and foremost after his costly errors vs Stenny and Raith. 

Harsh - he has been outstanding for the vast majority of this season so far.

6 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

He was better than McKenna.

He also scored.

Not everything is a zero sum game m8. Unless you are some sort of child. More than one thing can be true at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Yes, he was better than McKenna and your keeper.

Many children have a high IQ, unlike adult blabbermouths like you.

You realise it is possible for him to have been better than McKenna yet still have been poor? The poster was making a pretty simple and obvious point to be honest, your reaction is strangely defensive. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Losing MacIver has been a big blow but the heads gone is quite something to behold.

The majority of our goals have come from midfield and defenders. The 1st (and only) game without him we didn't score but I wouldn't say it was solely because we didn't have MacIver available.

We didn't score from open play against Stenny either. A worldy of a free kick from Miller.

Small sample size but the difference is night and day. 

Slightly off subject, but we (FSS) are now contributing £150K to help the club. Cant help feeling a bit disappointed that after the incredible invincible season, brilliant start to our championship campaign that the numbers haven’t increased in significant numbers. 

20 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You realise it is possible for him to have been better than McKenna yet still have been poor? The poster was making a pretty simple and obvious point to be honest, your reaction is strangely defensive. 

The same can be said about him.

You're defending an oaf.

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Of course they will. They are also a league up from last season. 

Didn’t think it was that obvious a question. Genuinely just curious. So you’re saying those who were already signed on to this season who signed an extension for beyond 24/25 will immediately start on improved terms? 

14 minutes ago, Dade said:

Didn’t think it was that obvious a question. Genuinely just curious. So you’re saying those who were already signed on to this season who signed an extension for beyond 24/25 will immediately start on improved terms? 

If improved terms were part of the agreement (which isn’t always the case) then yes. Believe that is the norm with extending contracts, I’ve actually asked this question before and apparently players / agents expect the new contract terms immediately. Of course a club could take a chance and let the player run the contract down before offering a new deal but you then run a higher risk of loosing the player to a rival. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, Dade said:

Yes. 

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Completely separate topic, any word of release of a third strip? Thinking about nabbing the away one but waiting to see what the third one looks like before doing so.

There won't be any word until the club announce it, but I suspect it'll be out before Christmas. Last year it was announced at the end of October. 

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There won't be any word until the club announce it, but I suspect it'll be out before Christmas. Last year it was announced at the end of October. 

It was mentioned on the Falkirk daft podcast there is one coming out November for Christmas market.

45 minutes ago, Dade said:

Always assumed like a salary increase, the pay would be increased from the next pay run.

By signing a new contract - as in any other contract of employment you or your employer is changing the T&C's and it supersedes any previous agreements.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off subject, but we (FSS) are now contributing £150K to help the club. Cant help feeling a bit disappointed that after the incredible invincible season, brilliant start to our championship campaign that the numbers haven’t increased in significant numbers. 

I think this is what is known as "the better mouse-trap fallacy".

I say that with the view that the message the FSS is promoting is still at odds with the fans understanding or views.

7 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Losing MacIver has been a big blow but the heads gone is quite something to behold.

The majority of our goals have come from midfield and defenders. The 1st (and only) game without him we didn't score but I wouldn't say it was solely because we didn't have MacIver available.

I disagree. He pushes teams back, holds the ball up to get us up the park, can play the ball round the corner to the wingers, pull in midfield runners and so on. All of that never happened on Saturday.