The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Heard the Wales and Cameron rumours as well, your right, Mcinnes isn’t doing the lads any favours development wise keeping them on the bench but then blocking potential loan moves where they’d get valuable minutes but Kilmarnock haven’t started the season fantastically and his mindset is probably more of his own short term preservation than longer term club / player development. He’ll be wanting every playing option he has available to him to call on if needed regardless of the longer term benefits to the player. 

Wales set up their injury time winner last Saturday.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Last night you could probably throw in a bit of anger from JM, as he knew we should have won the game. 

Apart from Yeats coming on McGlynn's substitutions made no sense at all. What's the point at 0-0 and on the ascendancy in the game. He killed it for me and 0-0 was on the cards from when Alfie came on.

2 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

Apart from Yeats coming on McGlynn's substitutions made no sense at all. What's the point at 0-0 and on the ascendancy in the game. He killed it for me and 0-0 was on the cards from when Alfie came on.

I think player exhaustion was the reason. The team had put it a hard shift on Saturday and last night and freshening up was essential with the players he had on the bench

7 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think player exhaustion was the reason. The team had put it a hard shift on Saturday and last night and freshening up was essential with the players he had on the bench

Totally agree. We had our longest spell of sustained pressure in the match when the subs came on for me.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Not that I think there was too much doubt but the highlights don't dispel that the ball went out. 

A good goal and probable match winner chalked off by an unfit linesman.

Can’t agree with that. Marginal marginal call that the highlights give no clearer view of. Linesman has to make a decision one way or another and there’s probably an inch in it. You win some you lose some

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Can’t agree with that. Marginal marginal call that the highlights give no clearer view of. Linesman has to make a decision one way or another and there’s probably an inch in it. You win some you lose some

The linesman guessed because he wasn't in a position to call it properly. That being the case he's got to assume that the ball was in, not out.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The linesman guessed because he wasn't in a position to call it properly. That being the case he's got to assume that the ball was in, not out.

Just nonsense I’m afraid. The linesmen and referee “guess” on hundreds of decisions per season. Offside calls, whether a player has nicked the other’s leg, balls being over a painted line or not. All they can do is make the best decision they can. I’m happy to accept them “guessing” over inches, rather than introducing grotesque ideas such as VAR 

37 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Not that I think there was too much doubt but the highlights don't dispel that the ball went out. 

A good goal and probable match winner chalked off by an unfit linesman.

The linesman went with the Livi players reation. Obvious

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The linesman has to make a decision but when he's behind the play and he can't be sure the ball is out the decision has to be keep his flag down rather than rule it out because he doesn't know. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I mean Graham Carbis looks like he is walking into another job so either been tapped up or went for an opportunity at a club that can offer more money.

Who knows on Graeme Stewart.  Don't think the statement helps with this idea that it could be 'trouble', but maybe doesn't fancy carrying on losing his colleague.

Doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme, but Graeme Carbis has worked for, IIRC, Motherwell, Hibs, Thistle and us so it's not like he hasn't jumped about a bit. Absolutely no reason to suspect there's been any issue other than perhaps applying his way up the ladder on the back of a strong performance with that side of our club. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wales set up their injury time winner last Saturday.

Yeah, I think that’s my point.

Very talented u21 player, comes on at 87 minutes with Killie 2-1 down. Very skilled piece of football for the assist for the winner (3-2). Killie happy, McInnes delighted (especially with himself) but less than 10 minutes on the park for Wales.

Scottish Premiership is no place for young talent to develop.

11 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Yeah, I think that’s my point.

Very talented u21 player, comes on at 87 minutes with Killie 2-1 down. Very skilled piece of football for the assist for the winner (3-2). Killie happy, McInnes delighted (especially with himself) but less than 10 minutes on the park for Wales.

Scottish Premiership is no place for young talent to develop.

Agreed and his contribution will earn him the square root of a place back on the bench next week as he's 'not the finished article'.

Edited by MulsonFFC

21 hours ago, GordonS said:

Question is, why could you not care less about football when it's played by women, but care a lot when it's played by men? How important is it that the collection of total strangers you decide to fund and cheer on have testicles and not ovaries?

Nobody that's been a Falkirk fan over the past decade gets to say it's about the standard of football.

As for Falkirk Women, I've seen them a couple of times in recent years and I'd class them as a developmental side. I wouldn't expect Falkirk fans to watch them in any numbers. But Celtic and Rangers, with their vast supports, who's youth teams have to play derbies behind closed doors, only drawing a couple of thousand when their women's sides play each other? And even stranger is supporting your country, but only the half with willies. That's what's nonsense here. They're just people playing football.

Can't refrain from commenting on this. 

The reason people aren't interested in watching the women's team by and large absolutely is down to the standard. Women's football is a long way off being spectator standard at the level Falkirk are at. I have taken in a few women's games and if we're being completely honest most decent amateur sides would beat them comfortably.

Your previous comment about trans women inclusion in football I do take actual moral issue with. Whether or not I or anyone else for that matter wants to watch their football is personal opinion, they are entirely entitled to play and improve and I wish them well. To allow someone of the opposite gender into their space is unacceptable. Their is a clear genetic advantage from the off and if it's accepted broadly it's fairly clear that will just end in chancers taking advantage. It's incredible to me how much the truth hurts. Some things are so obvious they shouldn't need said but here we are.

16 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Agreed and his contribution will earn him the square root of a place back on the bench next week as hes 'not the finished article'.

To be honest, I’m just as disappointed about our own lack of youth players getting a game. Thought Walker and Honeyman acquitted themself well at the start of last season. If they can’t get a game when coasting League 1 then not sure they’ll get a chance in a tough Championship. 

Edited by Dade