The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Dade said:

I agree. Up to mid March, Rhys Walker had 1 goal contribution less for Falkirk than Ethan Ross despite having only gained 26 minutes.

Not sure that meant he was ready but if we could have had a 17 year old making contributions to the 1st team then he’d become a lot more valuable asset to us than playing in the Juniors. Even just giving him to January to see how things go would have given him an opportunity and saved us some cash. 

Anyway, seems there is little point debating it. 

This is where stats alone isn’t enough. Mental comparison. 

Also no such thing as the juniors hasn’t been for years.

Who would you drop from the squad to play him?

How would we have saved cash by keeping him in the squad? 

17 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

If this is the chat when we’re top of the second tier for the first time years, imagine what it’d be like if we were struggling. My word.

Quite a few pages to reference for this, to be fair. 5 or 6 years worth.

43 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

If this is the chat when we’re top of the second tier for the first time years, imagine what it’d be like if we were struggling. My word.

Interested to know what discussion you were expecting?

Just now, Blame Me said:

Interested to know what discussion you were expecting?

Perhaps my ignorance but wasn’t expecting as much cover about the foundation.

That along with Walker and Honeyman not playing for us. Don’t remember there being as much chat as when we announced them going out on loan. Any squad related issues have been striker related which I understand. We’ve got 4 wingers which all struggle to get consistent game time and not an area where I thought we needed them in the squad, even if they were good enough, which I don’t think they are for Championship level (yet).

1 hour ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

What do you expect if you ask questions about someone’s opinion you disagree with? 

7 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Giving young players first team experience. The well-tried template is when you have them on the bench and the game is well won. Put them on for the last 20 minutes. Minimal risk but big gains it's a no brainer.

But then that can cause issues if you’re giving these guys game time ahead of others who are battling for game time. Sometimes that 20 minutes can give someone who is second choice in a position to get some much needed game time and chance to impress the manager. I suspect that will have been taken into consideration and hence why these young lads are out on loan

2 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

This is where stats alone isn’t enough. Mental comparison. 

Also no such thing as the juniors hasn’t been for years.

Who would you drop from the squad to play him?

How would we have saved cash by keeping him in the squad? 

Juniors still very much a thing.

Local clubs have gone senior though.

13 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Perhaps my ignorance but wasn’t expecting as much cover about the foundation.

That along with Walker and Honeyman not playing for us. Don’t remember there being as much chat as when we announced them going out on loan. Any squad related issues have been striker related which I understand. We’ve got 4 wingers which all struggle to get consistent game time and not an area where I thought we needed them in the squad, even if they were good enough, which I don’t think the0y are for Championship level (yet).

McGlynn made the decision that Walker and Honeyman will progress better being farmed out playing near every week rather than on the subs bench for the occasional if they are lucky last 20 minutes. It is going to be touch and go if they are kept on or if their future is elsewhere to progress in the game at a lower level.

12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Juniors still very much a thing.

Local clubs have gone senior though.

Memorable Junior game I saw was Camelon v I think Kilsyth rangers in the late 70's  

5 - 3 I thinks and near every player was booked with 3 sendings off, a blood and snotters cup tie and great entertainment. With the two teams kitmen having a fight on the sidelines at full time to round things off

Sometimes players in their final year get sent out on loan to put themselves in the shop window and increase their chances of finding a club when their contract runs out.  That could also be happening here.  it's possible McGlynn's mind is already made up on those two.  

Anyway, big big game tomorrow and a chance to go 4 points clear of Ayr. This opportunity shouldn’t be underestimated and neither should Thistle. A win however would write them off as title contenders even this early on IMO. All the pressure is on them as the home side and as the side chasing us, Ayr and Livi. 

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Anyway, big big game tomorrow and a chance to go 4 points clear of Ayr. This opportunity shouldn’t be underestimated and neither should Thistle. A win however would write them off as title contenders even this early on IMO. All the pressure is on them as the home side and as the side chasing us, Ayr and Livi. 

Yes a big game. A win makes a big statement to the rest and also puts them under more pressure. So 3 points tomorrow would be very nice indeed.

Will be very interesting to see Partick playing with 11 men on the park. The last game the early sending off completely changed the match. Thistle did defend very well and were a nightmare to break down. Before the sending off we were on top but it was very early. MacIver was negated by their defence which greatly effected our attacking threat. This time without MacIver we will need  all our guille and a big performance from Miller and Ross. Will be very tight

A win tomorrow would be great. Giving us 22 points out of 27 in our first 9 games. Given how much John likes to split things into quarters, that's form that would give us 88 points over the season. 

Even a draw or a loss wouldn't be terrible in that context as 19 points at worst would still mean 76 over the season which I think would be enough to win the league every year out of the last 5 and would at the very least make us title contenders if we could keep it up. 

All the pressure on thistle tomorrow, we can just play our game and I fancy us to heap more misery on them. We should be looking to take advantage of the fact that they are struggling. 

Edited by GMBairn

Just now, GMBairn said:

A win tomorrow would be great. Giving us 22 points out of 26 in our first 9 games. Given how much John likes to split things into quarters, that's form that would give us 88 points over the season. 

Even a draw or a loss wouldn't be terrible in that context as 19 points at worst would still mean 76 over the season which I think would be enough to win the league every year out of the last 5 and would at the very least make us title contenders if we could keep it up. 

All the pressure on thistle tomorrow, we can just play our game and I fancy us to heap more misery on them. We should be looking to take advantage of the fact that they are struggling. 

9 x 3 is 27

Two massive away games that if we can get four from six, could this early, put a huge points gap at top of the division. Not so good news about Donaldson from JM , but with Graham we’ve found a brilliant stand in. No doubt we face a tough encounter tomorrow, but PT under huge pressure to get a result. COYB