The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Where would you improve the team? 

It's been blatantly obvious - long before he picked up the injury at Parkhead - that we needed a valid alternative to MacIver, and that any absence for him would leave us with a problem. It has. If we had one, we'd have been quite a few points clear at the top. 

Edited by Super Simon

10 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

It's been blatantly obvious - long before he picked up the injury at Parkhead - that we needed a valid alternative to MacIver, and that any absence for him would leave us with a problem. It has. If we had one, we'd have been clear at the top by top.

I am no sure him playing today would make a heap of difference TBH. We probably played the best we have all season. I think we only really missed him at Kirkcaldy and a bit Tuesday. The other two games we have pretty much dominated and Oliver has played really well. Don't get me wrong he improves the side and can’t wait till he gets back. 
We would all have taken 20 points from 9 games. He shouldn’t be too far away now anyway. 2-3 weeks? 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see both Stanley/McKenna shipped out either on loan or a deal to cut short their respective contracts, if McGlynn can get better in. Both look a mile off the rest. 

McKenna is one I was excited about but has been pretty poor. Saying that he hasn't really had much minutes i.e. starts. 

Shanley works hard but isn't good enough. All been repeated here before. We are in a good spot considering how many injuries we have.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does anyone understand how difficult it is to do a double promotion ?

We appear to have a number of fans who think it’s simple.

Enjoy being top of the league and let the manager do his job ffs.

Also agreed. Need to take stock in how far we have come in 2 years.

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does anyone understand how difficult it is to do a double promotion ?

We appear to have a number of fans who think it’s simple.

Enjoy being top of the league and let the manager do his job ffs.

McGlynn could win us the champions league and there are individuals in our support would still want him out, in fact I say there are some that want him to fail just so they can say "I told you he was shite" they are up there with the MacIver not good enough category when we signed him from Alloa and look how that panned out.

Just now, falkirkbairn23 said:

Agreed. However let’s be honest, after the five years of constant abuse (merited) from just about every fan in all four divisions, we’ve went a season unbeaten, INVINCIBLES and one defeat in the championship so far. 
Not one team in this league has looked miles ahead, team we played today were evens for winning the league. Did we expect to be tops after Q1 no.

Ive no concerns we can hold this position, but reliant on a similar/crucial Q2. If we can keep up tops, the window in January will be one of the most important windows in the past decade.

42 minutes ago, BPM said:

I am no sure him playing today would make a heap of difference TBH. We probably played the best we have all season. I think we only really missed him at Kirkcaldy and a bit Tuesday. The other two games we have pretty much dominated and Oliver has played really well. Don't get me wrong he improves the side and can’t wait till he gets back. 
We would all have taken 20 points from 9 games. He shouldn’t be too far away now anyway. 2-3 weeksWill Ferrell Lol GIF

38 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

No we don't. All we've done is get back to where the club with its size of support and financial clout should be. The 5 seasons in league 1 were a b*stard diagrace and that's not arrogant it's of a scale of reality that would equal an Aberdeen or a Hearts languishing in the Championship for 5 years then the fans just being happy they're back in the Premier league.

Invincibles aside which will always be a wonderous achievement but we are where we should be which at this time is fighting for and having a good chance for promotion to the Premier League. 

Edited by ChrispPancake