The Falkirk FC Thread

Is Lewis Kidd actually any good? Don't think I saw us play Qots last season.
No better than what you have just now but good squad player to have.Kidd must have a really good agent to get a move to Falkirk.

He is good going forward but not good when he has to defend but as I say a good squad player.

No better than what you have just now but good squad player to have.Kidd must have a really good agent to get a move to Falkirk. He is good going forward but not good when he has to defend but as I say a good squad player.

Is he right or left footed?

The Falkirk family shite indeed,it is rich comimg from a club who will not help one of there own.

Aren't they donating their proceeds of the Albion Rovers friendly? I did think that they should have done something publicly before the end of the season though.

No better than what you have just now but good squad player to have.Kidd must have a really good agent to get a move to Falkirk.He is good going forward but not good when he has to defend but as I say a good squad player.

This more or less. He is one of those modern full backs far better when you have the ball than when you dont. Probably better as a wing back or even wide right midfield. In each of the last two seasons he started quite slowly but was much improved after Xmas. Good guy, wish him well. Will forever remember him absolutely roasting Lee Wallace for the whole game on our 3-0 win over Rangers at Palmerston last April. His best game for us. Edited by Skyline Drifter

We didn't have a right back to play all last season due to Duffie's injury problems...Muirhead played there mostly (did ok but not his natural position), Kevin McCann was brought in and got a couple of games but wasn't good enough, Alston and Vaulks had a go as well and their talents were totally wasted there. Having someone decent who is natural in that position will make a big difference and I recall him being good going forward - which is the most important thing for our fullbacks when we're in this league.

No better than what you have just now but good squad player to have.Kidd must have a really good agent to get a move to Falkirk.He is good going forward but not good when he has to defend but as I say a good squad player.

He's 21 FFS....

Sounds like you are playing tug o war with yourself, he's at a good age and Houston hasn't got much wrong snapping Queens players, if he is a squad player, then it's well required with our problems in that area at the tail of the season

I wonder who do we play in front of him... I hope it isn't Taiwo. Hes played there a couple of times and Iv always felt he stifles anything down the right side. Theres a lot of possibilities for shuffling things around to get more players playing where they should be. Can't really figure it out myself atm.

We still need a right sided midfielder. If not I feel a bit of a formation change coming on...

I think if Danny does come back, Vaulks will be heading up there as part of the deal

That's my fear, I'm not overly convinced with Rogers, he's decent not wow but has time on his side I suppose.

Vaulks won't be with us much longer, if he isn't away in the summer, wouldn't be surprised if it's January

Aye thats become the problem position now unless Housty sees this laddie as a right mid. In which case we're back to Muirhead at RB...

He could play him as a wing back with 3 centre backs. Muirhead, Watson and McCracken (until Grant is fit). Leahy on the other side with Vaulks, Kerr & Sibbs inside.

Two from four up front with the likes of Tiawo, Hippo, Craigen etc in reserve.

If Henderson is good enough at LB id shuffle the pack. Leahy to LM, Sibbald CM and move Hippo to RM. That would avoid the scenario or Muirhead at RB for another season.

I believe Craigen can play LM aswell as central though, which would also allow Sibbs to shift inside and free up Hippo to switch sides. There are options there, just cant figure out which is best. Need to see the new guys first I suppose no point jumping the gun.

Wish people would stop with the Leahy in midfield nonsense. He couldn't get a game in the midfield for over two years when he joined us and has found his position at left back. Yes he still has improvements in that position but when we have a multitude of midfielders and little strength at left back, really don't see the point.

Craigen and Sibbald are very similar type of players. Slow, flair players. Honestly no idea why we signed him seeing as we don't accommodate the team for Sibbald never mind another similar player.