The Falkirk FC Thread

A 5-3-2 formation with wing backs containing Rogers, Muirhead, Grant, Gasparatto, Kidd, Leahy, Vaulks, Kerr, Craigen/Sibbald, McHugh, Austin

With Mehmet, Baird, Miller, Taiwo, Hippo, O'Hara and Watson on the bench.

This looks good to me, maybe another attacking midfielder in the mix wouldn't go a miss.

Unless I'm missing someone, I have the current squad list as (Not including Luca Gasparotto)

Gk:

Deniz

McMinn

Def:

Kidd

Muirhead

Grant

McCracken

Watson

Leahy

Mid:

Sibbald

Kerr

Vaulks

Craigen

Hippolyte

Taiwo

Henderson

Fwd:

Miller

O'Hara

Baird

McHugh

Austin

Shepherd

Edited by RC55 FFC

I would have both McMinn and Henderson as development team.

Jury is very much out on whether we will see Shepperd kick a 1st team ball too.

Liam Henderson will be 20 in two months. I'm therefore dubious about the ongoing stories that he's been signed for the Under 20s, particularly when you consider our limited budget. Are there any direct quotes from the management team to support this theory? 

As for Shepherd, he's been playing well ever since he came back from Brechin. He set up a couple of goals for the first team at the end of last season and was used ahead of O Hara in a few of the playoff games. I agree that the arrival of Austin probably pushes him further down the pecking order, but if he continues his form of the last few months he won't be far away. 

Liam Henderson will be 20 in two months. I'm therefore dubious about the ongoing stories that he's been signed for the Under 20s, particularly when you consider our limited budget. Are there any direct quotes from the management team to support this theory?

As for Shepherd, he's been playing well ever since he came back from Brechin. He set up a couple of goals for the first team at the end of last season and was used ahead of O Hara in a few of the playoff games. I agree that the arrival of Austin probably pushes him further down the pecking order, but if he continues his form of the last few months he won't be far away.

I was told that Henderson is seen as a future replacement for Kerr and that he'd learn the role in the 20s. Not to say he won't get some game time though.

On another note I see Gasparotto's dad retweeted the story about his son joining us.

post-45530-14662713295319_thumb.jpg

I was told that Henderson is seen as a future replacement for Kerr and that he'd learn the role in the 20s. Not to say he won't get some game time though.

Fair enough R. No doubt once the players return for training there'll be a few FFCTV interviews with the gaffer and we'll get a better idea of what his plans are. Henderson's a big lad and I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to be used to add a bit more physicality to our midfield. Houstie admitted after the Killie game that they outmuscled us and that it's something we need to address. 

Houstie admitted after the Killie game that they outmuscled us and that it's something we need to address.

That was all they seemed to do all game.

It was like watching primary school laddies play high school with them just knocking us off the ball and taking it.

Surely a guy Stenny fans thought was shit isn't gonnae save the day. I'd assume we will need to spend a long time moulding him.

It's all opinions of course.

Surely a guy Stenny fans thought was shit isn't gonnae save the day. I'd assume we will need to spend a long time moulding him.

It's all opinions of course.

I think even Ronaldo would look shit if you surrounded him with Stenny players. There could have been a dozen reasons why he didn't shine at Stenny - carrying an injury, being played out of position, etc etc. 

Houston obviously sees something in him and I'd prefer to trust his judgement than a Stenny fan.  

I think even Ronaldo would look shit if you surrounded him with Stenny players. There could have been a dozen reasons why he didn't shine at Stenny - carrying an injury, being played out of position, etc etc.

Houston obviously sees something in him and I'd prefer to trust his judgement than a Stenny fan.

Are Stenny in for Ronny? 😅

No rumour just a genuine question. Ryan Flynn to return?

Would absolutely love to have him back but I doubt we'd have much chance, he'd probably get a much better offer either down south or one of the Premiership teams up here.

Strangely he seemed to be playing more at right-back than in midfield for Sheffield United I think, always thought he looked best for us on the left wing.

I'd have Flynn back in a heartbeat.

Favourite performance was his shaggin of queens at Palmerston when we beat them 5-1 (sure Jason marr and kenny deuchar scored). Wee Ryan set up 4 out of the 5 if I remember correctly.

Would end up in the prem if he was to return up here me thinks.

Favourite performance was his shaggin of queens at Palmerston when we beat them 5-1 (sure Jason marr and kenny deuchar scored). Wee Ryan set up 4 out of the 5 if I remember correctly.

I had it he assisted every goal and involved in an offside goal too.

It was many years ago now so that might not be necessarily true.

I had it he assisted every goal and involved in an offside goal too.

It was many years ago now so that might not be necessarily true.

Aye as far as I can remember it was 4 assists and he won the free-kick for the 5th goal which was a belter of a striker by Marc Twaddle.

Our back 4 that day was Jason Marr, Brian McLean, Mehdi Kahlis and Twaddle  :lol:.  Grim as f**k.

Aye as far as I can remember it was 4 assists and he won the free-kick for the 5th goal which was a belter of a striker by Marc Twaddle.

Our back 4 that day was Jason Marr, Brian McLean, Mehdi Kahlis and Twaddle :lol:. Grim as f**k.

That team was f*cking shite :lol: Carl finnigan and Mark Stewart upfront with burton obrien in the middle :lol:

Our back 4 that day was Jason Marr, Brian McLean, Mehdi Kahlis and Twaddle :lol:. Grim as f**k.

Brian McLean was that eras McCracken.

The rest of that defence are best forgotten.

That team was f*cking shite :lol: Carl finnigan and Mark Stewart upfront with burton obrien in the middle :lol:

And not forgetting of course Kenny Deuchar and Ross Perry.  How the f**k did we manage to finish 3rd that season, the standard must've been horrendous.

Brian McLean was that eras McCracken.

The rest of that defence are best forgotten.

Brian McLean really was brutal.  No idea how he managed to get a move down to Preston on the back of his 2 years with us.