The Falkirk FC Thread

Wish people would stop with the Leahy in midfield nonsense. He couldn't get a game in the midfield for over two years when he joined us and has found his position at left back. Yes he still has improvements in that position but when we have a multitude of midfielders and little strength at left back, really don't see the point.

Craigen and Sibbald are very similar type of players. Slow, flair players. Honestly no idea why we signed him seeing as we don't accommodate the team for Sibbald never mind another similar player.

Yet to see Leahy in a wing back role though and, IMO, I think he would be very good at it.

Still feel we need some strength and speed at centre back . We should be using Cracks as a squad player as he is slowing up and is tending to give free kicks away because of this. Feel sorry for Henderson as without seeing him in a Falkirk shirt it has already been decided by the nay Sayers that he is crap. Poor bloke give him a chance as Houstie obviously sees potential

Still feel we need some strength and speed at centre back . We should be using Cracks as a squad player as he is slowing up and is tending to give free kicks away because of this. Feel sorry for Henderson as without seeing him in a Falkirk shirt it has already been decided by the nay Sayers that he is crap. Poor bloke give him a chance as Houstie obviously sees potential

He's a player signed for the under 20s team. Chill out.

Wish people would stop with the Leahy in midfield nonsense. He couldn't get a game in the midfield for over two years when he joined us and has found his position at left back. Yes he still has improvements in that position but when we have a multitude of midfielders and little strength at left back, really don't see the point.

This.

He's done a great job at left back IMO and improving all the time. He's not as bad defensively as some make him out to be and is a great outlet going forward. Really don't know what some of our fans expect sometimes.

We're more than covered at centre-back with Grant, Watson, Muirhead, Vaulks (still his best position IMO) and McCracken as back-up. We should be using any money left to find a keeper and strengthen the midfield. Edited by Russ

Not sure if I gave the impression I was slagging Leahy at LB. I wasnt. I like him there. Always the coolest head on the pitch and superb at raiding forward. Just trying to figure out what the gameplan is as it doesnt seem immediately obvious at this point.

Maybe other pieces of the puzzle to come though. If we got a keeper and a right mid id be delighted with the squad.

Leahy to remain at full back where he has excelled all season, seems pretty obvious.

Wooosh, FM been getting big licks all summer by the looks.

Hippo to RM, Leahy to LM ........ We will have Stainrod coming in as keeper next.

Houston is pragmatic if nothing else.

Kidd in as an attacking option on the right something we didn't have last season giving us much more balance with Leahy at LB. when Grant is fit he will play with Watson probably with Muirhead and McCracken as back up.

He plays a narrow four in midfield and having the two attacking full backs it will make us better this season.

The midfield four will be Craigen Kerr Vaulks and Sibblad backed up by Hippo, Shepherd. Up front perm any two from 5. Austin, Baird, McHugh, Miller and O'Hara.

For me the squad is nearly there. A keeper, hopefully Rogers back, and I would like one more in midfield to push Kerr and Vaulks. I would love to see a fit McGrandles back on loan.

Shaping up ok IMO.

This of course doesn't take account of the usual summer sales. As long as Houston doesn't get the rug pulled from under him at the 11th hour like a couple of years back and is allowed to replace whoever goes that will be fine.

Edited by Back Post Misses

This is good. We're not rivals for Hibs, just a wee underdog team so they won't expect much of game...

Big crowd for opening day not sure if I want to pump them or 92 min Bob McHugh heartbreaker complete with Lennon heads gone moment

Point 1: you are absolutely correct, you are not rivals.

Point 2: absolutely neither of those scenarios are going to happen.

'Not sure if I want to pump them' :lol:

Wooosh, FM been getting big licks all summer by the looks.

Hippo to RM, Leahy to LM ........ We will have Stainrod coming in as keeper next.

Houston is pragmatic if nothing else.

Kidd in as an attacking option on the right something we didn't have last season giving us much more balance with Leahy at LB. when Grant is fit he will play with Watson probably with Muirhead and McCracken as back up.

He plays a narrow four in midfield and having the two attacking full backs it will make us better this season.

The midfield four will be Craigen Kerr Vaulks and Sibblad backed up by Hippo, Shepherd. Up front perm any two from 5. Austin, Baird, McHugh, Miller and O'Hara.

For me the squad is nearly there. A keeper, hopefully Rogers back, and I would like one more in midfield to push Kerr and Vaulks. I would love to see a fit McGrandles back on loan.

Shaping up ok IMO.

This of course doesn't take account of the usual summer sales. As long as Houston doesn't get the rug pulled from under him at the 11th hour like a couple of years back and is allowed to replace whoever goes that will be fine.

Except Craigen's left footed.